What's going on with the horrible Customer Service thesedays?

What you were asking for is essentially a game hint. GMs are not allowed to offer that information.

First mistake.

Blizzard does not outsource their CS. So far as I know, they never have.

And just like I said, they help with a lot. You’re not seeing it because you’re looking for the negative lights. We see people come back here every day after they get tickets resolved for this or that. There are just some things that are outside of GMs’ hands.

That said, what you’re trying to achieve here, you’re in the wrong place for it. Customer Support is not Customer Service. This forum is one for players to assist other players.

If you’d like to offer feedback, then that either goes to General Discussion or by using the in-game suggestion tool. If you wish to offer feedback in direct response to your ticket, that’s what the survey you would have gotten is for.

Neither GMs, Devs, QA or any of that sort - none of them come here. So trying to open a dialog or to have your voice and ideas heard, this isn’t the forum for it.

8 Likes

No, as per policy, this would be considered a game hint.

9 Likes

No, we can only see your opinion.

No.

6 Likes

And considering Blizzard GM’s don’t reply on WoWhead, I’d be hesitant in what was exactly asked/said by that player and GM (if at all) in their Wowhead comment. People tend to embelish :wink:

4 Likes

But howcome GMs from before can answer that? i have two incidents before me reading it. Also, Define “Hint” ?? Everything is a hint? What about the loot table in game? why is it there? Isn’t it a Hint as well? I am not here to argue , I am here to voice out so the game can be better for all parties.

To me, a hint is like " information given to create some unfair advantage to a player" something like that. But my question and also the comments on wowhead where people asked were about basic loot rules, which at all , Does not create any harm or unfair disavantages to Anyone? I do not understand why or the reason they cannot do that.

Customer Service is like a hotel manager opening a door or greeting customers, and doing service to improve customer relations. Here , with the attitude of the GMs right now. It is definitely not, and the fact that this forum is “Customer Support” , I think my comment is valid to post here to voice out.

Or just tell me , this is very corrupted already. We as players these days are treated like criminals in a slave camp or something. At least admit it .

And reasons like this are why tickets had to be streamlined LIVE CHAT WAS NEVER INTENDED for this silly reason ACCOUNT AND BILLING not asking for why wont you tell me if a mount will drop on low lvl toons. All your doing is wasting gms times where they could be helping on more important player issues. And you are asking for a game hint asking for how the system works is a game hint.

And seriously ur last paragraph isnt helping ur case edit it out.

7 Likes

Based on a comment on WoWhead?

A hint is a hint. It’s a blanket policy.

If they provide hints for something, but not other things, pretty soon you’ll see ticket times explode in the hope they’ll “find a good GM” to get an answer.

Bit far fetched there champ. Sorry.

Corrupted? Criminal?

No, makes you sounds like a spoilt brat having a tantrum to be honest.

13 Likes

Furnishing game hints for trivial information that is readily available elsewhere just hurts other players who are waiting on tickets for game breaking issues.

Sometimes, the answer to our prayers is NO.

6 Likes

I don’t know that I can properly respond to this after slamming my forehead into my desk so hard.

Rules change. What once was may not be now. If the information provided before was even on par with this.

Doesn’t matter. What they define as a hint is what they go by. It’s not really that hard. There is some just information that isn’t for us to have honestly. I’ll never understand people who feel like they’ve got some right to the inner workings and whatnot.

As to your inquiry? A quick google search and reading some WoWhead comments are pretty easy to understand. I don’t know why this has ballooned into such a huge thing. There aren’t really any limitations outside of what level you are to determine what riding skill you have trained. If you can run a Timewalking dungeon, there is a chance for you to get the mount. That’s the only real limitation here, being able to access the dungeons themselves during the up times.

8 Likes

ok, Make this simple and to the Key point.
Define “Hint”. As i said , to me, A hint should be information given to player so they have unfair advantage over others, something like that. That’s why I dont believe , asking basic loot rule falls under that.

Reason why i bring this out, is because , Now GMs can abuse , and saying Everything is a “Hint” and not helping.

Please also explain why that is information is different from the Loot Table in game, or even there are strategies in boss tabs. Those are not “Hint?”

There was another comment saying i wasted time? No, the GM could simply answer my question in 10 secs if they are competent. just like two years ago. It would take 10 seconds to answer my question.

Again, i am trying to make this game better for investors, companies itself , and other valued customers. I don’t feel we are being treated as Valued customers anymore.

Why? Whatever we say is a hint means nothing. It’s what they determine to be a hint that matters - that’s it. It’s foolish stuff like this that drives me nuts. The information is out there. It shouldn’t be something they’re being bothered with.

Missing mail with thousands of gold missing from sold auctions. Hacked accounts. There are so many things that are legitimately outside of a player’s hands that REQUIRE a GM to do, and you’re harping on this. There are only so many of them in comparison to how many players there are out there. Even if you want to pull out that mess about WoW dying and players leaving every day - it is still a vast population of players.

We don’t necessarily need all of that information. How WoWhead gets it and provides it for us? Not a clue, don’t care. Tell me who drops what and let me go punch a dragon for a shiny sword. There are all sorts of sites and such who pull that sort of data and provide it to us players.

They are plenty competent. For some reason you think you’re above what rules they have to follow. None of us are worth them losing their jobs for stepping outside of the perimeters they have to follow. I’m sure they have the capability to drop an uber boss in the middle of Stormwind to go murder hobo on the populace - but are they allowed to without consequence? Nope. That would be a fine example of abuse.

You’re really not. You’re wanting to argue how terrible CS is, but you’re in the wrong here. You’re mad because you think they’re lazy and didn’t give you want you want. So you’re going to argue and nitpick every blessed thing.

Again, if you have a suggestion - a CONSTRUCTIVE suggestion, you’ve been given the proper places to post it. This isn’t it. No one comes to this forum to gather data or information. Our Blues here, while rad, having nothing to do with that sort of thing. They’re here to offer advice, insight and to keep us hoodlums in line.

6 Likes

No, GM’s are bound by policy.

But… They… Can’t… based on current policy as you have found out.

You keep saying that but you have thrown some very wild accusations and conspiracy theories out there.

You, in all honesty and sincerity, are really grasping.

8 Likes

Yes, i am doing a lot of Constructive suggestions.
Define “Hint” first, because if it is not clearly defined, then any GM can just say it’s a “Hint” and don’t bother with it. That’s why there are tons of player’s / Customer’s dissatisfaction out there. Explain why i asked a GM rather there was level restriction on a rein’s drop. How is that different from a loot table or boss strategies in game?

But rather, up to this point, I feel comments here are just denial / excuses for GMs not doing their job.

This is constructive. Admit the level of customer of service is unacceptable at this point.

You have not made a single constructive comment yet. I worked customer service for seventeen years, and I’ve seen far too many people like you who think you should be catered to while you are being very unpleasant and hateful.

10 Likes

well i said it, please, i beg you lol,
Define “Hint” because i truely don’t understand , how basic loot rules / level restriction is different from a loot table or boss strategy in game. People read this so they get a better understanding and learn “constructively” what areas GMs , under current policies can help with or not.

Also, a customer survey, or customer feedback , IS in ITSELF constructive comment. That’s why we have customer surveys. Because in the end, it’s the customer who matters most.

I am trying a little more, but if it’s still denial / excuses / then i won’t bother again. well, again, Define “Hint” , It isn’t hurting you right in GM responding for example.

If you’re so displeased, there is the door. No one is forcing you to play and you’re obviously quite discontent. CS is more streamlined than ever by weeding out ridiculous things with templates and having limitations to be quite honest.

You keep repeating the same things like they matter. They don’t. We as players do not get to define how Blizzard chooses to define their own rules. They could shut down their CS tomorrow if they’d like and leave us all to flounder entirely. This is their sandbox. You seem to think you’re entitled to something and it just baffles me.

3 Likes

Actually, here. From a Blue, even. It’s late and I’m irritated, else I would have pulled this sooner.

So there is the gist of what they go by.

11 Likes

But the thing is, and it seems you just don’t understand, as that the GM was doing their job.

Getting told “no I can’t help you” is NOT bad customer service.

A GM is not there to answer/grant every single thing a player asks. If they did, we’d see ticket times pushing weeks due to the sheer amount of tickets submitted.

It has NOTHING to do with lazy or incompetent.

The are bound by policy, just like every customer service worker around the world - there are limits on what can and can’t be done

12 Likes

I’ll let you in on a secret. Surveys with reasonable criticisms are valued and given consideration. Rage-filled rants such as yours are trashed.

9 Likes