What's Changing (and Not!) in Season 2

Will the 500 conquest cap rewards reset to a new set of rewards (season 2) or will we need to continue earning season 1 rewards?

3 Likes

They don’t care. Blizzard develops based on what they personally observe, not customer feedback, and their employees are all Horde. So they’ll be fine and won’t think twice about it.

4 Likes

your first chest once season 2 goes live on the 22nd will be a season 1 reward an at the current season ilvl cap per your rating at the end of season 1
beginning with your 2nd chest on the 29th you’ll be rewarded with the new season 2 rewards at the new ilvl cap per your rating in season 2, thus giving you time to earn a higher rating between week 1 an end of week 2 to give you a better reward from your first season 2 chest.

Just wondering why the rewards for the darkshore are increasing but not Arathi? Are you trying to funnel people into the one warfront and not the other?

What level will be the Timewalking chest reward? We have Pandaria TW starting the same day as new raids.

Not mentioned anywhere in blue post.

Season 1 or 2 does not matter to me as much as gameplay.
Why the ! in you’re title.

2 Likes

He isnt asking about the weekly chest reward but the conquest point bar rewards we get for filling up a conquest bar with 500cp.

You get a weekly chest only once per week by having filled a conquest bar to completion the previous week. The reward is random and scaled based on the rating of the highest arena bracket you won a match in during the previous week.

Conquest point bar rewards can be rewarded an unlimited amount of times per week based on how many times you fill the bar, and whether you’ve caught up to the current week’s reward, capping the seasons conquest for the week. To earn the current week’s conquest bar reward you need to have capped the entire season’s worth of conquest bars. For every conquest bar you cap you are rewarded with whatever armor piece the conquest point bar shows in the little conquest point bar reward window shown in the PVP pane to the right of the conquest bar itself. To obtain the armor you have to fly to your PVP hub and talk to an NPC who has a yellow question mark above their head and offers a choice between 2/3 pieces of whatever armor was in the little conquest point bar reward window. The choice is between pieces with different secondary stats, different azerite powers, or different weapons. Conquest point bar rewards are on a 9 week cycle that start by rewarding a 345 weapon, followed by 355 armor pieces, before scaling up to a 370 weapon and 370 armor pieces.

What the poster was asking is whether new players, alts, or people who have fallen behind in the grind, will have to keep grinding out old gear, filling and refilling that 500 conquest point bar up to 20 times, just to gain access to the now current conquest point bar gear. Given that the conquest point bar system was implemented as a way to let casual PVPers remain competitive in a PVP system that no longer differentiated between PVP and PVE gear, where they would be facing off against Heroic and even Mythic geared players, that the system itself could become a disadvantage rather than benefit is I think what has many people confused.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m really excited for all the new stuff. I can’t wait to see all the lizard druids running around! :smile:

Sweet!

Thank you for giving us some quality communication.

Curious if there are any plans concerning items that (for whatever reason) can not be traded in raids and dungeons amongst players.

Edit: I know that bonus roll loot is probably intended to be bound.

1 Like

I am curious about this, the quartermasters sure will not sell it, but during legion every time a season ended a NPC used to sell the appearance of the previous pvp season (This season’s pvp gear looks identical to the warfront stuff).

2 Likes

I’m loving this communication.

4 Likes

well I can’t really tell you much about the conquest bar rewards as I don’t PvP but i can tell you what it says based on what I can see on the PTR based on this Char. the current reward offered to me based on 0 PvP ever in BFA or on the PTR with no rating is a 345 ilvl weapon current item showing. this I can tell you I’ll never be able to tell you much more then that as PvP is something I have 000000000 interest in pursuing,

1 Like

Artificially inflating dungeons is just lazy.

9 Likes

bonus roll items can be traded an have been since the hotfix awhile ago.
An pretty sure it’ll remain the same way it is now with items only being trade-able if you already have a ilvl item = to or higher then the item looted - equipped.

Oh thanks, I didn’t know that.

There were some buggy situations where that wasn’t exactly true I believe (weapons in particular). I myself had two instances where there wasn’t a logical reason that I couldn’t trade gear to someone.

This is the right information provided in the right way. So many clarifications a week in advance so we can prepare and not freak out with quite a bit of detail. This is exactly what’s needed more of and I really hope you continue for future content releases.

2 Likes

*that might have been a bug.
Ion said it in 1 of his Q/A’s awhile back just before the hot-fix went live that allowed gear trading from instances that all gear was trade-able so long as, based on ilvl, it wasn’t an upgrade to the player wishing to trade the item. But I believe trade-ability is also based on whether the player you’re wishing to trade to can equip the item being traded

Can we get some PvE vendors?

1 Like

Both times for me it was during LFR, not an upgrade at all and there shouldn’t have been any issues with it being equip-able. Perhaps it was just a bug like you’ve said. It could have been an issue of them being on a different server too. I’m not sure.

server shouldn’t have any play in it either.
My guess it was a bug at the time.