What's Blizzards reaction to the Classic hype?

Really hope they’re shocked and excited just as us ! Catching a second wind is crazy. Have any developers said anything ?

5 Likes

They rubbing their hands together hoping to pull in thousands if not millions from all the free streamer hype they are getting. Then move on and literally just auto update every so often with their scheduled plan.

8 Likes

They’re probably being optimistic.

They’re also waiting for the hype to die down and actually see some real numbers 6 months in.

12 Likes

I’m sure the investors are excited they can capitalize on content that was released over a decade ago.

So am I, oddly enough.

3 Likes

WoD was full of hype.

Died down quickly after launch.

Legion was full of hype.

BfA was full of hype.

Classic is full of hype…

Seeing a pattern here…

1 Like

Yeah a bunch of crappy expansions followed by a return to the franchise roots.

21 Likes

Yup.

The pattern is your negative on every post.

Anything new in your life?

15 Likes

I’m sure they are pleased it will make a massive amount of money. But in the short term I’d bet they are concerned about how to forecast the demand and plan for it appropriately.

Which will logically follow the same fate as all the others, being a niche market and all.

Will it be successful? Of course it will. It’s WoW after all. WoW has NEVER been unsuccessful.

Will it be the smash hit some people are making it out to be? Highly unlikely. The game was highly flawed, and if it didn’t have the wave of nostalgia behind it, it wouldn’t be nearly as successful as it was when it launched.

Don’t get me wrong. The game is still fun in its own way, and I look forward to playing it again… But it’s not going to be the “flash in the pan” it was back in the early-mid 2000s.

Sure! I had a great day.

My daughter graduated from high school this morning, then we went to the park and celebrated as a family.

As far as these forums are concerned?

Not really… Same types of people constantly attacking retail and we retail players , so of course we have to be negative toward Classic (even though we’re looking forward to it too) and its players. It’s a vicious cycle that won’t really stop till Classic proponents stop attacking us.

2 Likes

Because everyone was hoping the game would reclaim its former glory with each expansion, and return to its roots.

It just kept getting worse, and closer to the retail we have today.

1 Like

Agenda Andy with that quip about Legion. And no it wasn’t more positively received just because it was sandwiched in-between WoD and BFA.

[quote=“Fallanaa-area-52, post:5, topic:183303, full:true”]
Seeing a pattern here… [/quote]
Okay but, Legion and BfA came after really bad expansions AND promised really bad things, including the constant removal of features from the games. Anyone who was hype for those was wrong, like, objectively. That was misplaced. Because people had faith in Blizzard over things that weren’t real.

We KNOW what we’re getting with this version of WoW, right down to the statistics. The hype may die down but not for the same reasons. We’re not going to be disappointed because people aren’t going to blindly assume something new isn’t more garbage.

EDIT: y u no work quote function I only edited this like five times lol, whatever

1 Like

I actually lol’d. Well played!

1 Like

We will see but I don’t think the numbers will drop as much as people seem to think. Look at all the people saying they were wrong about classic. We called it world of warcrack for a reason back then.

3 Likes

They will, a big draw back then was a stable unchanging world. This time it’ll be sharding/layer town.

1 Like

I disagree. That’s all going to end. Plus, apparently, there’s no sharding just layering. Again this ends at the latest at the end of p1.

Imagine comparing wod, legion and BFA to vanilla. lol good joke.

5 Likes

. Historically alot of people pick up the new blizzard title and are done with it in a month, whether this holds true is pure guesswork and anyone saying otherwise is a liar.

I’d love for classic to have booming servers 6 months in. I just don’t know if the mindset to play a game made in 2004 is prevelant enough in 2019 or 2020

Did those other blizzard titles have private servers going for 10+ years?

You think anyone is going to play a BFA private server for example? haha

6 Likes