What WoW token would do to TBC (BLUE POST Clarification Plz)

I love this rash of threads DEMANDING a blue post on WoW Tokens.

Good luck with that. Wish in one hand, spit in the other, see which one gets full first.

Nope.

I said bearing on my fun, not my pockets.

I also always have gold.

I farm or sell boosts.

I will also sell things for 10x the price just like them rofl.

Yep. There’s one reason I’m playing classic, because it’s not retail and lacks BS like tokens, lfd, etc

2 Likes

Wasn’t it the classic crowd who was espousing the virtues of how the game was designed to encourage community and interaction? Being part of a group for a shared purpose? Where did that go?

Have a guildy farm up some mats, pay them a discounted rate and help out in turn when they need something, you know, be a community.

This is also a myth. Most people don’t play retail because

• There’s a lot of new things that take a lot of time to get used to
  • A lot of things in Classic that you have experience jumping into, but you have to learn them all in Retail.
  • Nothing to be nostalgic about
  • Having to jump into a new community in 202X.
  • Practically playing a completely different game than the one you left long ago.
  • Why would you sink any of this time into the game when there’s no known payoff?
  • No huge community jumping into the game to ride the viral streamer/youtuber hype off of.

And if you don’t believe that last one, take a look at WoW Vanilla Classic and WoW TBC Classic. It’s a clear example that people play the game that has the hype built behind it. Once the hype dies, the game doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

Calling for “blue” to clarify is beyond cringe

2 Likes

Don’t forget that the actual game play in retail has been pretty garbage for awhile now in general. I basically leveled in retail in SL which was fine and then realized that max level was just more of the same junk that’s made retail suck for awhile now. Time gated flying, ability pruning with expansion specific abilities locked behind a massive grind, raiding is either lfr or mythic progression, dungeons are just speed runs of mythic+.

1 Like

Subjective. Probably true but still subjective lol.

A lot of people have positive things to say about the leveling process but not the endgame.

Sounds annoying.

That’s why I stopped playing Cata and didn’t even jump into Panda.

All things I don’t know about, nor am I looking to spend the time to learn about or care. Oh hey, that’s my point lol…

The way he described it doesn’t do justice for just how annoying it is lol. I did pathfinder for retail right before classic dropped and it was infuriating.

TBC has time gated flying too. In WotLK your alts can skip that leveling gate with the cold-weather book.

Tokens wouldn’t be any worse than boosting. This war is already lost. It’s only a matter of time now.

It has been 15 years, but I don’t recall it being a giant reputation grind stalled behind dailies.

Nah, in TBC the giant reputation grind is what happens when you actually play the game.

Yes please do not add WoW Tokens, because the alternative, Blackmarket gold-sellers is SO MUCH better!

Right. Now add an additional zone based reputation grind specifically designed to make you waste your time. It was frustrating. I can live with reputation grinds for factions that present me with cool stuff. When the only thing I am getting is the ability to fly in a zone, that’s where I draw the line.

thats a good way to avoid your customers.

You’re right OP, but they’re coming. Blizzard has already forsaken the Classic audience for the Retail crowd. And the Retail crowd is begging to throw money at them for every cash shop item, every micro transaction, every account service imaginable.

2 Likes

In TBC this felt fine.
In retail, this wastes your time.

The world has changed a lot. The ironic thing is that there’s probably a time gated flying due to people complaining about “how much flying ruins the game and its immersion” so in retail they time gated it so people are grounded for awhile.

1 Like

No, you ignored my point entirely. It depends on what I am being asked to grind rep for. Grinding to be able to fly in a zone like it is some kind of air controlled area is dumb.

And you ignored the response entirely.