What Would You Have Done After Winning The Second War?

I figure that with the whole demon blood debacle, if there was any chance of an unconquered settlement nearby or even remotely accessible, that the orcs would be all over it. The Legion wanted the whole world conquered after all. I also would like to point out that draenor is much larger in lore than it is in game.

This is an alt. Though, flailing for an ad hominem is a pretty amusing route. Might as well just say, ‘you mad bro?’

They never reinforced the Horde throughout the entire Second War and it was only the year after they ended up helping Ner’zhul. They were explicitly not up to the task of helping.

Well they are two different points. The reason itself is clearly given. But I also disagreed with the idea the Horde even had a chance of victory at that point.

It is not from his view, and I still stand by that. The first sentence is describing his opinion. The second and third sentence are clearly meant to be descriptive of the actual situation.

Throwing out Mr. 110 twice in the same post? What next, are you going to joke about my character being on Wyrmrest Accord? How many achievement points I have? For someone who talks about how to get respect for actually arguing, I don’t see the point in this approach.

The Alliance had two and a half options at the end of the Second war.

1. Wipe them out.
  2. Control them utterly.
    2.5) NEARLY wipe them out and control what remains.

There was no ‘letting them go somewhere else’, not that this point. The stakes were to high. Letting them go to rebuild in peace could/would just as easily let them rebuild to start another genocidal war of total domination.

3 Likes

Why do you need to post on an alt? Your petty disagreement has been “ad hominem” from the start. I would go so far as to say the whole forum is ad hominem. The fact is there is no discussion with you, its veiled jibes and animosity toward anyone. You are a poor man’s Cannibal, BBRRRRRROTHER.

They were explicitly not up to the task of helping until shortly after they were needed, regardless the Alliance wouldnt know this and it wouldnt contribute to their decision making regarding the portal.

The crux of the arguement being they shut the portals so no more orcs could get through vs they shut the portal because they didnt know what was on the other side. Again, I am baffled we are arguing this. But if you want me to comtinue to chew on you, Ill oblige.

Make a deal with Orgrim and send them to Stranglethorn Vale, they will have a fun time with killing jungle trolls

I started posting on the character when I actually thought my friends were going to reroll and decided to stick with it since I’d used it semi-consistently. Also, because I’m mainly an Alliance fan. So I find it funny when people use the avatar to accuse me of Horde bias.

I’m sorry.

The Alliance knew the Horde hadn’t been reinforced during the war. I don’t see why they would expect it then instead of the several times it mattered. At Ironforge, Capital City, or Blackrock Mountain.

I explained my reason for contesting it. Why are you arguing it?

The fact they hadn’t hunted down the Draeni before invading Azeroth says they hadn’t conquered all the world, they merely reached a good enough for Sargeras’ purpose of invading Azeroth point.

On that note that is another issue with the argument that leaving the portal open would have only helped the orcs win eventually is that they hadn’t finished off their enemies at home. How long do you think the Vindicatars would have watched before they realized helping that plucky world on the other side was their own best chance for survival, and started trying to rally the Broken and other such remnants of races to strike back against the depleted orc forces on Draenor.

It is. But all of the Clans that took part in the invasions of Azeroth came from that one continent where the Dark Portal is located.

Draenor has other continents though.

Ooh, someone just lost all their credibility…

But the Orcs only came from a single continent on that planet. It’s actually no different than if all the Humans invaded Draenor from the portal.

1 Like

This is getting weirder, because Im a Horde fan.

The entire matter seems trivial, after all the primary reasoning for closing a door is to prevent people from coming through it. Especially given the circumstances at the end of the 2nd war. And just because the Horde was on the back foot doesnt mean that the Alliance was safe (given that the Alliance had been on the verge of defeat prior to the Battle of Blackrock and the flight of Gul’dan.)

The Draenei were still reeling from the sack of Shattrath, and the only reason they hadnt hunted down every last draenei is because the draenei left a significant amount of their number behind to convince the Horde they had been wiped out. Also with the previously mentioned tensions between the Warsong and Shattered hand roaming, its no surprise they stayed hidden. And remember, its Velen in charge.

Draenor has a magical ogre continent that was unmentioned until WoD. Its in game size is not an accurate scale.

And is that sarcasm?

A supercontinent like pangaea.

This is essentially what if feels like when a monk casts Storm, Earth and Fire.

They did try that, but it didn’t work out so great.

But Chronicle never states the Horde invaded there or that any of their forces came from there.

There’s no evidence the continent we see on Draenor is particularly large in any way.

The point about this ogre continent is that it may not even exist since it is in an alternate timeline. It certainly wasnt mentioned until WoD, Regardless the bloodthirsty clans probably wouldve been turned on such a continent to sate them while the portal was worked on, if they knew about it.

Draenor may or may not be large (in game its 65% of the size of kalimdor) but the Horde was most definitely a horde, and in both of the original games it is depicted this way.
I dimly remember some q and a regarding the size of azeroth and draenor when Wod was released but I havent been able to find it.

No duh. That’s because every Orcish child was aged up with Warlock magic to be a fighter and practically their entire race participated in the war. Comparatively, most nations in reality could feasibly support something like 10-20% of their population as a standing military, and that’s a generous estimate.

The numbers disparity in the First and Second wars had to do with the high Orcish investment in the conflict, not the total of controlled area they came from.

It should be noted, Doomhammer never even felt confident about winning a conventional war. Had they sat on their haunches, he thought the combined might of the Alliance would wipe them out. And only by striking first, as well specifically subduing Lordaeron, that they would win by utterly demoralizing the Alliance.

Unlike the other races of the Horde, orcs are not native to Azeroth. Initially, they lived as shamanic clans on the lush world of Draenor. They abandoned their peaceful culture when Kil’jaeden, a demon lord of the Burning Legion, corrupted the orcs and used them in his vengeful plot against the draenei, who were exiles from Kil’jaeden’s homeworld.

Basically, Akiyass, take Kain’s advice:

The time line doesn’t diverge until Garrosh shows up.

Suggesting that the AU has all the same people, but different continents is just ridiculous.

1 Like