What Would You Have Done After Winning The Second War?

Let’s be logical. Horde was wiped out practically, if they were going to regroup to attack again that will take a long time. That is something that any seasoned military leader would know. There was no such hurry to destroy the portal. Actually according to the lore, it took 2 years to the orcs from Draenor to regroup. More than the time needed to do what i said, or at least try to do it with all the cautions i said above.

Chronicles mentions that the battle for the Dark Portal was “the most brutal and desperately fought in the second war”!

“Turaylon did not pursue the Horde. He had already push his soldiers to the breaking point, he did not know what horrors awaited them on the other side.”

The Alliance did not know how much strength the Horde had left, and if they had invaded it was certain the entire remaining orcs in Draenor would gone on a frenzy and attacked them. As it was fighting the Horde was hard enough, trying to transport an ENTIRE CITY’s worth of orcs would have made it impossible.

We have been told time and again that events NEEDED to occur the way they did, if not to stop the Legion, then to stop the End Times. Time and time again, we have been told the timeline we are currently on, is one of, if not the only, timeline where the end times was stopped/delayed.

2 Likes

And who is talking about that? We are talking what to do after the defeat of the orcs on Azeroth, not a campaign in Draenor.

You didn’t read what i said before, so:

Again you didn’t read what i said before, so:

I’m going to give you a pro tip, that will help you to understund better the lore: when writers write their stories, sometimes the decisions that their protagonists take are not always the bests choices (especially in a fantasy universe). So is very probably that the Aliance didn’t make his best move with this issue ans others. Even more, is probably that the book author put that bad decisions on purpose, in order to keep the chance of having more story and drama to tell in the future.

The Alliance should have executed all the Orc warriors left after the Battle for Blackrock Spire, including Doomhammer, and coral any female Orcs and their children found to a much smaller complex that would see to their needs and help slowly civilize them with help from the Church.

I think this would have satisfied Gilneas and Silvermoon who were calling for their extermination and would represent a far smaller and manageable tax burden. Even Genn would probably not go so far as to want Orcish women and children exterminated and understand that taking that step would make them no better than the Orcish warriors who drove the Horde towards wholesale genocide.

It wouldn’t be easy as I’m sure most of the Orc females would be angry over the execution of their husbands and sons, but with enough time and diligence I think they could be won over and, more importantly, their children could grow up outside of a culture that glorified war and see the virtues of peaceful co-existence.

There would be some die hard holdouts no doubt who would try to glorify the bloodthirsty heritage they originally came from, but I think by and large most of the next generation could become civilized and eventually friends to the Alliance. Don’t forget, many of them grew up hungry and constantly moving because of their culture’s war and if they saw a better way were they could live with full bellies and no fixation on death and killing, they would be willing to give it a chance.

1 Like

This could also work as a more simplified hybrid rehabilitate/execute plan, as opposed to what I was proposing.

Personally though I’m not sure Genn would really be satisfied though, since pre Cata Gen was pretty much a terrible person.

I don’t remember the Australians striking back against England…

You are talking of trying to move them to Draenor, you cannot do it AFTER the end of the war, it was a now never even in trying to close the Dark Portal, the Alliance did not have the strength to free orcs/try to setup the conditions to safely free them on Draenor, and if they did those same orcs would have rather died fighting the Alliance than go back to a dying world.

The decision so far have been portrayed by lore as the best decision one can make given all the circumstances involved.

I sent the Horde back to whatever they came from back to Draenor while killing the powerful warlock ones like Ner’zhul and First Generation Death Knights.

I don’t remember the Australians attempting to conquer England while being doped up on narcotics, either.

At this point you are talking like a politician who try to defend the decisions of your fellow parties.

Why not? Only 1 human kingdom from 7 were completely destroyed (Stormwind). Not to mention the high elf and dwarves kingdoms. Enough people to move the orcs and do several others stuff.

Lets start with the fact many of them would have rather killed off the Horde than try to move them(ironically many of them now part of said Horde) . Second, the Alliance was at its breaking point just fighting the horde. Add the whole “hey lets free these orcs near the dark portal, where they could potentially rearm themselves/make life a living hell for our soldiers.”

The central premise of your argument is the Alliance could move the prisoners to Draenor BEFORE they destroy the portal. The Alliance could not do so because its main goal was to stop the Horde, said goal would be endangered by so many factors if it tried to send the orcs back though the portal.

Lastly, many of these orcs prisoners were captured AFTER the portal was destroyed, so the Alliance would still be at square one with the whole “should we imprison them or should we do something else”.

They did, when they killed most of the orcs in Azeroth.

THe warlocks brought forces from Shadow moon, the Blackrocks from Nagrand, just about the only part of draenor that wasnt really involved was the Frostwolves from Frostfire.

This is incorrect, as they had to stage a force on the opposite side of the portal to close it permanently, its why Khadgar was missing until bc and Turalyon and Alleria were missing until legion.

Unfortunately, had they waited, Orgrim wouldve had access to the remainder of the Warsong clan, Bonechewer, and a few others. Orgrims situation was dire, but temporary.

But all of those places are on the same continent.

Khadgar assumed they had to, based on an irrational fear that the planet tearing it apart would spill over into Azeroth instead of the logical conclusion that the portal would tear itself apart before the damage could spread. The Blasted Lands getting more blasted when the portal fell apart wouldn’t have changed much.

Mind you I side with there likely would have been major logistical problems of kicking them through the portal, and Nerzhul was desperate enough he would have likely tried to bum rush the entire orc population through the portal if it was an option.

Killing the Orcs would’ve been the better choice, by far and large.

I don’t see why not?