What would be the best way to go about creating my kid's account?

My son loves watching me play WoW and now that summer is here I’m looking forward to do some dungeon crawling with him and my wife. Going forward with this I want to make sure I go about it in the best way. Because he is too young to have his own account, should I simply make a WoW 2 account under this Btag and when he gets older will I be able to separate it. Or should I simply go about making him his own Btag with his parents supervising?

My advice is to create a new bnet account in your name.

This way, if your son continues to play, when he is older it can be transferred into his name. Further, this way your son would not lose any achievements, collections, mounts, etc upon teansfer.

10 Likes

Thank you, Mastadon. I completely agree.

2 Likes

Almost forget, absolutely take advantage of the Refer a Friend options as well.

Happy hunting i truly hope this helps create wonderful and unique memories as a family.

8 Likes

Don’t forget to do Recruit-a-Friend.

More info here:

Also, you can place Parental Controls on your child’s account if you wish.

More info here:

8 Likes

Advice given in the thread is spot on. I also highly recommend the Parental Controls. It lets you control access to chat channels, in-game purchases, when the child can play, get play logs, etc. Perfect for making sure kiddo actually goes to bed and does not try to play in the middle of the night. Heh.

8 Likes

Oh great call, never thought of that one.

4 Likes

Side question: In the future will I be able to update his birthday on the account when it transfers into his name?

A blue or another poster will correct me if I am wrong, out and about running errands haha

I am 99.9999% certain that yes, all the information will ne updated upon transfer to your son, name, date of birth, the whole kit amd kabootle.

I just like that phrase amd wanted to type it.

2 Likes

Yep. All that information is updated transferring from parent to child when they become and adult. I don’t really have anything else to offer, everyone had it covered pretty well. :smiley:

7 Likes

Thank you everyone so much for being so helpful in this.
He’s already picked to play a red headed one eyed blood elf mage.
We look forward to seeing you all in Azeroth!

8 Likes
5 Likes