What will happen with the Drakkari

After it is revealed that the majority of them are dead(see exploring Azeroth) what is the possible outlook for their future? Will they survive in their home? Are they gone and will never return? Why is Blizzard treating their trolls so poorly. I think they deserve better. Why can’t Blizzard give the bigger troll tribes a win for once. I am angry that Blizzard only cares about humans and dwarfs. We need to move away the narrative form the alliance to the rest of the broader world without destroying what would make them special.

Justice for the Drakkari.
Just for all Trolls everywhere.

6 Likes

The Drakkari were wiped out by the Scourge.

1 Like

I refuse to believe that they are fully destroyed. There must be a way to save them.

5 Likes

What remained abandoned Northrend and became island trolls which are an amalgamation of refugees of ice trolls. We see them in BFA and we kill them. Assuming we didn’t kill them all, maybe some can embrace the Drakkari heritage and restore the nation, but most are resigned to live their lives on those islands we find them.

1 Like

The Drakkari tribe is finished, doomed. Screw Blizzard. Wrath questing that mistreated the Drakkari trolls was vile! So disgusting!

4 Likes

Since Wrath the grand total of Drakkari presence has been a single guy on Zandalar and an undead army in the triceratops boss at Throne of Thunder. There’s surely a few groups of living ones out there but as a nation they’re functionally gone.

2 Likes

Well we know frost trolls still exist and as mentioned were encountered in BfA.

Its possibly in the distant future they might rebuild Zul’drak or try to find a new home.

4 Likes

I just want my troll homebois to get something good. I am sick and tired of seeing them slaughtered in every expansion. Enough is enough. Give the troll a win. They deserve it.

4 Likes

When Jaina comes back to Zuldazar, she will make sure to flood the House of the Fallen Tribes, putting an end to the Drakkari and Shadowtooth permanently.

1 Like

Jaina is nothing. She will fall to my blade for her crimes against troll kind.

Officially the Drakkari Tribe is no more. The bulk of their tribe were wiped out during the Northrend Campaign, either by the Scourge or by Alliance/Horde adventurers. What few Drakkari remained allied themselves with the Zandalari during the events of Mists of Pandaria and they, along with their Chieftain were killed by Alliance/Horde adventurers.

The last known Drakkari that still lives is Speaker Malaka’raz in Zuldazar, who confirms the fate of the tribe as of the events of Battle for Azeroth.

5 Likes

Why are you all so fixated on Jaina? It was Genn who killed Rastakhan and Anduin was the one who ordered the attack.

Also, maybe dont send fleets against the Alliance/side with a genocidal maniacs next time.

2 Likes

She was the leader of the attack. So she is the one responsible of everything what happened during it.

She was A leader of said assault. Genn and Gelbin were both there. Heck, it was Gelbin who technically sank the Zandalari fleet(such delicous irony that someone so small can do something so destructive). She was merely the commander of said fleet but the Alliance leaders are equal in terms of position and this decision to assault Zandalar was something the various leaders agreed to.

1 Like

If we’re getting technical, Bwonsamdi killed Rastakhan, consistently denying him power until the very last moment and then granting him so much he lost control and burnt out, as the fight actually shows. I’ve always felt it was heavily implied that Bwonsamdi didn’t want Rast to live, but rather wanted him to die and then Talanji to become the new priestess, as she was a younger, stronger one than her father. This way he gets a powerful soul and access to a High Priestess that had, at that point in the story, way more sway with the other loa. Jaina just showed up after the fact in a cutscene, and Genn just made his speech and then was kind of there.

Throughout the story, they show Bwonsamdi always fully willing to help protect Zandalar with all his power, but then only giving Rast any boosts begrudgingly. He only became more of a good guy in Shadowlands because people liked him so much in BfA, I feel.

In terms of the Drakkari, on topic, I think that once a troll tribe nukes their loa, it’s effectively dead. While there are surely some who didn’t align with that, loa are pernicious at the best of times, and I doubt any of them would be willing to help the remaining Drakkari for any reason. Which is too bad, Zul’drak is one of the coolest settings in the game and has a very interesting quest chain to it. But of the various troll groups, and former troll empires, I think the forest trolls, not the frost trolls, have the best bet of a resurgence, as they’ve worked with the Horde the most ready (or one tribe did/does).

Edit: Though I will say the one counter to this are the island expeditions, which if I’m remember right do have frost trolls pop up sometimes, on some islands, as well as a variety of others. It’s really too bad expeditions get glossed over, and forced players to rush through, they all have technically canon implications that are neat.

3 Likes

The Trolls that you encounter on the Island expeditions are the Icetusk tribe. They were originally from Northrend, but they resisted the Lich King’s promises and fled Northrend on canoes. They turned to necromancy out of desperation. So their tribe lives on but only just. And we really don’t help matters by wiping them out when we encounter them.

4 Likes

Wait didn’t the preview pages of the Exploring Northrend book say something about a small group of surviving Drakkari? Or am I misremembering and mixing it up with something else?

4 Likes

It said that the surviving Drakkari were scattered. The same thing happened to the Shatterspear before BfA.

5 Likes

Yeah, the Shatterspear are the living proof that races/tribes in WoW are only extinct as long as the writers want them to be. What happened to them strongly echoes what happened to the Drakkari, so I’d say there is still hope, for them and for the Shadowtooth as well. Never believe this game when it tells you that a character is “the last of their kind”.

I’m a big fan of the Shatterspear and I’m quite happy of what we learned of their state in Exploring Kalimdor. Now it’s time to give Trolls in general a break and let them rebuild their societies, come up with brand new empires, become once again a forced to be reckoned with and put them back on the the geopolitical map of Azeroth.

Justice for the Drakkari ! Justice for the Trolls !!!

I mean, Bwonsamdi saved every Troll (except for the Farraki, who worship Mueh’zala) from the Maw, even his ennemies and those who tried to kill him… Loa completely rely on their followers, so now that we know that the Drakkari loa, such as Mam’toth, are to go back to Azeroth after their passage in Ardenweald, maybe they won’t have the choice but to accept their old worshippers back

14 Likes

The whole Zul’Drak questline is probably one of my favourites in WoW. It’s one that we get to witness real-time and talking to Speaker Malaka’raz confirms our worst fears about their fate. Oddly enough, the fate of the Drakkari made me HATE Arthas the most above all the other wretched things he’s done, because seeing the direct impact of them sacrificing their beloved Loa was heart wrenching.

I’d like to believe that there are a lot of Drakkari scattered around Azeroth. Maybe not to the full glory of the Drakkari Empire, but enough to make sure they aren’t effectively extinct. I’m sure some of the Lich King’s champions were Drakkari as well, so we will probably always have Undead ones around.

8 Likes