What will happen with the Drakkari

I’d love it if they could come back in some way, even on a small scale. It was the Drakkari questline that got me interested in trolls and led to the creation of this character.

4 Likes

Not a lot. Their king joined the Zandalari expedition to raise Lei Shen and whatever forces that remained were slaughtered at the throne of thunder. Then in BFA we see the island frost trolls. Giving further proof survivors remained, though no longer named Drakkari officially. The last official is their speaker. Showing that Arthas really did slaughter most and we finished off the rest leaving remnant populations island hopping.

We need another Drakkari uprising. We need to help them get their land back and destroy the remaining Scourge forces there.

If they were smart, they’d ask the Zandalari and the Horde for help. It may not be the worst thing to grovel at the Horde Council’s feet/hooves. The trolls are too proud to do that, but it may be the only way they retake their nation.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a stretch that maybe some survived but are Death Knights lingering in the world :thinking:

But it is headcanon and we don’t really have anything that leads to believe that there are some still.

Look, if Blizzard can keep pulling variants of Thalassian elves out of thin air, I’m sure some never-before heard of tribe of Drakkari Trolls living within a massive glacier with a culture revering the Walrus Loa can be written into the story. For bonus points, they’re probably best buds with the Tuskar, and very chill (pun not intended). Maybe they’ll rebuild the Drakkari Empire as one of ice and oceans.

Or maybe their glaciers will melt because of the Azerothian equivalent of global warming and we’ll just see thousands crushed to death when their mega glacier collapses, and those few who survive drown in the bloody frigid slushy that is the remains of their relatives.

8 Likes

They will give their name to a min 60’s Jungle TV series?