What we need for a good pvp system (forever and again)

the “phylosofy” behind de system:

was far better than today’s “wod like” system.

how worked in details:

It’s time for elitist PvE devs to get back to their worries about raids / m +, put PvP back to the way it was in WoD instead of fooling us and leaving PvP alone. Stop ruining PvP fun.

8 Likes

Yea wod was the best

also

IGNORED.

9 Likes

Remember in MoP when they implemented this:

• Players who have acquired x25000 conquest can also purchase regular Tyrannical gear for Honor Points instead of Conquest Points.

Basically if you earned enough conquest to purchase a full set of PvP gear on your main then you could purchase that same gear using honor on your alts. Keep in mind there was only one ilvl for the conquest gear so you are getting the best PvP gear in the game for honor on new alts. Contrast that with how alt unfriendly PvP is now and it’s like a complete 180. Whoever is in charge of current PvP decisions must hate the players so much.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/patch-5-3-mists-of-pandaria-currency-guide-213403

38 Likes

Maaaaaaaaannnnnn. I really missed out on some great PVP seasons.

1 Like

Someone is alt loving me up.

youre gettin likes like a chick with her nips out on ig

3 Likes

What a wild time we lived in.

Yes Geeting one second dead by feral dudu 63k is the best.
The best The very very Best…

Perfect.
Masterpiece.

Worth Guiness Book of Record.

lol, you wanna talk about alt-friendly? If you had a bit of gold in WoD, you could be fully conquest geared 5 mins after hitting max level. There was an item that dropped in Tanaan that gave 1k honor and 1k conquest. Assuming you had a big catchup cap, you could just buy a bunch and skip the gear grind entirely, be fully BiS geared immediately. I did it several times since garrisons and CM sales gave plenty of gold.

3 Likes

I think the beginning of every expansion generally has some of the most explosive pvp and interesting metas and only a few expansions actually ended it properly. I thought WOTLK was crazy but super fun when the game was still fresh on a new class and great lore. MOP had its time to shine on class design but some specs were blatantly strong in pvp for my liking. I think Cata S1 before legendaries and super broken raid pve items, and WOTLK S3 were the best.

I don’t think WoW has been alt friendly or really user friendly for as long as I’ve played. You need bis gear to pvp at the highest level, 1 up to 100 ilevel difference will impact many games. All the time we see that 1% health bar flash and what that would of been if it crit at a higher frequency on your finisher or if your friend actually tried to max out his renown to have more hp or stronger conduits through korthia.

Current wow just has too much going on to stay competitive, the conduit leveling (mythic locked or korthia flawless vault farming), the 6 gem slots (more significant than ppl claim), the i level break out, finally the amount of grind it takes for an alt to catch up on renown and full conquest gear through wins. 9.1.5 looks like a huge step in the right direction, but it’s something that should of been thought out before launch with many people rallying that covenant choice should not be restricting our enjoyment of the game. I like the new abilities, but the balance of things like the hunt, and divine toll shines in comparison with the weak stuff other classes were given. Some classes legit are hard carried by a single button right now which isn’t what peak WoW looks like.

I think the vault should be done with and personal loot should be a given in raids at higher frequency so people can work on getting the best items by end of each tier and not go 10-15 bosses in a row without a single piece. Also for pvpers the gear should be achieved by honor so people can slow grind out a full thing in normal bgs to be competitive and have it scale to mythic level in pvp so no pvers can ruin the competitive integrity. Why are people so undergeared? Too many bad systems and low effort metric generating reputation gates that require significant time investment.

I have 2 max full geared toons, but I can’t even begin to even process the effort for a third. I start leveling and enjoying then the renown level 1 and the no conduits and the fear of being at such a huge disadvantage plays in my head and I just log off.

Optimization has ruined wow to an extent and even in Classic it was nice to take a break at trying to have bis gear until I slowly moved into a more hardcore mindset of getting 100% parses and BIS. It extenuates the problem now as much as people hate to admit, 2600 players now are way better than your average top 10 team back then. I know talent has left this game for better competitive games like LOL or Counterstrike etc, but honestly the WOW community as a whole has gotten better at playing meta comps, meta specs, and meta gearing through the internet videos and discussions.

Being the best, is not that far off from your average high glad or rank 1 player as people have rose up in skill.

1 Like

I had no idea about this lol. And I still had a bunch of characters maxed out in conquest gear using what was apparently the “slow” way.

Even SL started out fun, until the ilvl gap started to grow out of control.

I loved WoD right up until the end in PVP though. SL got dull real fast.

1 Like