What was your vanilla realm?

I started on Hyjal (A) Christmas day, played there for a few months and got to level 33 before switching to KT (H) where my friends and his brothers were playing and raiding.

My RL friend was on Maelstrom. He was a human warlock named Addonic.

Antonidas.

Actually, I wasn’t here for Vanilla, I started in June 2007, which was about 6 months after BC started, and my first toons were created on Antonidas. I still have my original account and toon.

Tichondrius

“Tich is not for you!” :wink:

2 Likes

Dunemaul was the first server I ever played on back in Vanilla but it was short lived. That was way back in July of 2005 when I was 16 (I feel so old just thinking how its been that long XD).

Back then I didn’t have a good enough computer to play WoW but could afford the subscription, my friend had a good enough computer for WoW but couldn’t afford the subscription. So, he would bring his PC over on the weekends and we would take 1hr turns leveling a Gnome Warrior named “Conalfie” (We randomly generated the name) who I still have to this day!

(PS - I do not condone account sharing in any capacity, its a bad idea and against ToS. Don’t do it)

(Even has the Recruits Shirt still :slight_smile: )

After about a month I got my own computer and he got his own Subscription just as I discovered more of my friends played WoW! I went to their server, Dragonblight, I played on Dragonblight until about 43-45 (I can’t remember) when I suddenly realized that none of my friends were playing anymore. I had leveled a Paladin named Guntak on that server which was no easy task mind you. (Also, at some point I went back and started to level him again, got to 50 and then stopped)

Turns out they all re-rolled on Warsong because it was a PvP server. 40+ levels of Vanilla Paladin just wasted since you couldn’t transfer PvE to PvP back then. So I rerolled the most faceroll class because I didn’t want to put in the effort of leveling on a Paladin again, I rolled a Dwarf Rogue (Vanilla Stone Form was stronk!). His name was “Sprokit” and he was my first real main.

At some point I also rolled an Orc Enhancement Shaman on Twisting Nether (You couldn’t have Horde AND Alliance toons on the same PvP server back then). His name was, and still is, Stormstrike (Probably one of the names I value the most just because I found it was one of the most taken character names XD)

(Yeah, thats a Mograine’s Might you see right there. Doing those sick nasty 2h windfury deeps!)

Anyway, I played on Warsong until TBC in which we transferred to get off of the high pop server. I transferred to Agamaggan with a friend to get into a raiding guild, which fell apart (the plan, not the guild) from our hubris in our youth.

Afterwards I went over to Lethon, and I transferred my rogue as well but shortly after decided to roll a Shaman because Windfury Stronk, and joined a Progression guild known as “Edge”. My Rogue is on Lethon still to this day.

To be honest though, I got into progression content because our guild leader was a Rogue and wanted Windfury Totem and Heroism. In fact, he use to cycle Shaman into his group to get multiple Heroisms for himself since it use to only effect the group the Shaman was in and there was no massive debuff just a long spell CD.

My Shaman, however, no longer Exists. He was known as Burori on Lethon, I have since made a new Draenei Shaman on Archimonde in remembrance of my first Progression character.

After Lethon, over the years, I made my way across various different servers. At least two dozen different servers before making my permanent home on Agamaggan (Horde), with the Progression guild “Discord” (Pssss, we are recruiting by the way~ You can find a link to the guild recruitment page down below if you are looking for a Horde progression guild that has been around for several years~), and Archimonde (Alliance). I still watch my friends bounce around flavor of the month servers.

4 Likes

Shadow Council.

US Dentarg Alliance

Now there’s a name I have not heard in a long time.

I started on Garona back in 2004 as a NE Hunter (like so many others). Switched to Horde for a time and raided over there before the guild fell apart and returned to Alliance.

Though I’m on Madoran now (moving over during MoP), I still have characters over there and sometimes pop over to play them.

1 Like

Joined Proudmoore in November of 2004 and I am still on Proudmoore in 2019.

1 Like

Icecrown. We had Blades of Wrath who downed Kel Thuzad on alliance, and they had a dwarf priest named Cervantes with the black battle tank mount and Dolphin, a resto druid with Atiesh. There also was a ret paladin whose name I cannot remember, but he had the full Avenger’s Set (AQ40), Ashkandi ( I think) and he did a ton of damage to everyone’s shock and awe. My freaking hero as a vanilla ret.

2 Likes

I can’t remember the the one I played in vanilla, I mostly just messed around in starting areas. From bc to cata I was on Shandris. I met a lot of good players there.

2 Likes

From Vanilla to this very day, Lightbringer-US has been and will always be my home.

I started originally on Earthen Ring, but after my character name was force changed after i logged in the next day since it apparently was not “RP enough” I joined Hyjal where some WC3 people I knew had started out, quickly left them since my ideals greatly differed for what to do and focus on for an MMORPG, but stayed on Hyjal.

I eventually started helping with my cousins account since his parent wouldn’t sign off on the game, I did as a legal adult. Played there on Medivh and did tons of material farming for the AQ gates opening, ultimately dropping off the account to him entirely once he became legal himself. I played there exclusively over that time into early BC, leaving my own account in another to take care of since they had a similar situation.

(Was tricky when they gave the account away after drama made them want to quit and i had to reclaim the account and apologies to who they handed it over to, ending up mailing them a game time card to compensate for any loss. The time they had the account was only around a month and they had only made a single low lv alt on it, so worked out well enough.)

Ultimately I returned to Hyjal during early BC where we ended up sharing time on my account when they got over their troubles. In the end they found a gaming companion and branched out to other servers playing horde primarily with their BE infatuation (eventually going over seas to live with them) I stuck around for end-game on Hyjal for BC and WOTLK and then hitting up horde before I dropped the game early into Cata not agreeing with the games direction and loss of Vanilla content.

I know i went a bit overboard with my explanations as I attempt to answer as many potential questions before they are asked.

EDIT:
Hyjal had a mascot character of sorts, Digo >Casual<, infamous leader of the Elitist of the Elitist >Casual< guild.

Frostwolf since launch. Tons of awesome people even if we lost quite a few of them due to the Frostmane transfer. Miss WPHC, those were some fun times.

I searched for a Rommi sighting but wasn’t able to find any screenshots pre-2010. Most likely on another dust covered drive somewhere.

1 Like

Started on Bronzebeard in January 2005 because that’s where my brother-in-law had his mage (he bought me the game). Stayed there until a little bit after BC launch and never went back.

I started in BC, but If I remember correctly, my first server was Altar of Storms!
I think someone hacked the old account and stole my first main though, sadly. Rest in Peace, Awarass!

Played alliance on Warsong and horde on Korgath

1 Like

Illidan alliance.

I actually started over on the EU realms right before the launch of BC. Played on Bronze Dragonflight until just before Cataclysm.

I started off on Kil’Jaeden as an alliance druid since some real life friends played there but later on when everyone sort of stopped playing I moved to Korgath when free server transfers were offered for high pop realms.

For BC I moved to Area 52 and then later for Wrath moved again with my guild at the time to Dawnbringer where, for the most part, I’ve played ever since =)