What Was Your "Hell" Spot in Vanilla?

I forgot about that grell cave. >.<

The spider one wasn’t worse than any other spider caves, I don’t think.

Barrens, wandered over there and everyone was mean to me :frowning: I was just a lonely little NE wandering around and even in the towns and settlements the cows got mad at me.

Oh and all 4 $%&^$%$ demons for Rhok’Delar
Oh and all the billion blue dragons I had to kill to get one %^&%%$^& sinew …

Have I mentioned how much I “Love” the Rhok’Delar quest ?

and yet alas , recreating my NE hunter is my plan for Classic :frowning:

3 Likes

Any murloc camp those lil buggers would agro you from 1000 yds away and bring entire camp with them,Also desolace that whole zone is just dull and depressing as heck.

I’d also say Mor’laden(sp?). That dude would agro you from 30-40 yards at least.

3 Likes

Kurzen Compound in STV.

7 Likes

There are a few, but off the top of my head:
Bael Modan in the southern Barrens.

Un’Goro. Who knew dinosaurs could be ninjas? Still my favorite zone, though.

:cactus:

2 Likes

Who knew a fel reaver could be a ninja. That ground shaking, whistling bastard was tho.

Those dinos should have no problem.

1 Like

Thank you for remembering this. A lot of people I have spoken to don’t remember it being called that for some reason

1 Like

Stranglethorn Vale:

• Huge
  • Little to no Alliance infrastructure
  • Wide level range of mobs led to getting one shot frequently when you first arrived
  • Incredibly tedious Nesingwary kill and collect quests
1 Like

STV had to be insanely awful in pvp servers.

Hell, we screwed with each other enough on pve ones. lol

Do you mean Mor’Ladim from Raven Hill in Duskwood?

I remember first venturing out in Duskwood, puttering about on the road on my way to Raven Hill. Then Stiches appears out of nowhere and slaps me back to the shadow realm. Spent the whole way to Raven Hill thinking “what in the actual f*ck?” only to be slapped AGAIN by Mor’Ladim as he came flying at me from the other side of the cemetery once I arrived.

Good times.

16 Likes

Yep, that’s it.

I just remember his agro range was fricking stupid.

Omg, don’t forget Eliza and her squad in there somewhere if someone was on the Embalmer quest

2 Likes

Wailing Caverns. It . just . never . ends . And then, you gotta go back to the beginning. OMFG nooooooo.

3 Likes

this is a very good read for those of us who havent experienced preBC

1 Like

STV all day, both sides. Hemets camp was basically a drive by to turn quests in. If you lingered longer than a few seconds someone would be attacking you.

2 Likes

Trogg cave in Loch Modan. All culminating in the fight with the big three amigos at the top. You had to get a group for that and the pulls were tight. Took us over 2 and 1/2 hours to do the entire chain but damn was it a rewarding feeling at the end.

Trade Chat.

And I liked it, a little.

1 Like

Un’goro. Everything there is aggro and you can’t move anywhere except around the edges without something trying to bite you.