What was wrong with the name "love Rocket"?

Well you see, someone once got a tattoo, and that dude ruined it for all of us.

Well Cancel Culture can go shove itā€¦there is nothing wrong with the name of The Love Rocket at allā€¦and I will call it the Love Rocket and I really donā€™t care if I upset some little snowflakes head with that nameā€¦

1 Like

whatā€™s hilarious is love rockets are still in game itā€™s the name of the firework trash loot.

I donā€™t think anyone was upset about it. Blizzard just did this to appear woke

1 Like

The term ā€œlove rocketā€ is used among adults to describe a certain thing but I never assumed thatā€™s what they were going for when they named it. Even if they were jokingly referring to that its a very mild joke at best, I think WoW players can handle it.
And if you were to ask 100 people on the street: ā€œwhat is a love rocket?ā€ most would have no clue, or would say ā€œa mount in world of warcraft you will never haveā€

1 Like

Everyone has something theyā€™re easily offended by. Some its blue humor. For others itā€™s sexual orientation inclusion. For some its gender roles or traditional gender roles.

When all games Stops trying to cater to easily offended people, all games will be better enjoyed. Thereā€™s a difference between humor and jokes and games like postal.

Somewhere along the way life just got too easy for people. And while thatā€™s a good thing it also gave them a lot of time to complain about things that donā€™t matter.

1 Like

Iā€™m just surprised they havenā€™t changed the ā€œfor the childrenā€ achievement. That is used in FAR worse innuendo than the mount.

1 Like

Legal/HR did a blanket removal of every possible thing that could ā€œfoster an environment of harassmentā€/whatever. It is very much a move to make it look like they are responding to the problem.

They obviously looked at it and thought about how people would say, ā€œOh, so you fix the ā€œfrat boyā€ environment but we still have a mount called THAT?ā€

Those people donā€™t then send out memos to customers explaining their actions.

Also, they made have just been Led Zeppelin fans. :wink:

Make Warcraft, not love.

RL people abuse.