What was wrong with the name "love Rocket"?

What exactly was the problem? There was nothing wrong with calling a mount with that name and there never will be.

29 Likes

It’s was, uhh… bad? I guess?

Shrugs

They changed the name in response to the harassment issues… as if they don’t understand the difference between comedic innuendo (subjective I know) and actual harassment…

30 Likes

it was an innuendo, and having those in the game would be very uncouth.

now if you’ll excuse me there’s a poop quest I need to go do.

35 Likes

Don’t forget to equip your doody boots.

2 Likes

It was a male genitalia joke, put into the game by a harasser, no doubt.

3 Likes

forsooth? male genitalia? such an acknowledgement of natural anatomy in mine beloved game? have at thee knaves of the blizzard!

now if thou shalt excuse me, I must go observe yonder warlocks incubus.

19 Likes

Oddly enough I work with an easily offended in this area type. Male for the huh,wth factor even.

Love rocket would offend. But the dude likes fart and poop jokes. Why I don’t get some here. Okay…one natural body thing offensive. But not these other 2. I’d ask them why but that would prolong talking with them.

3 Likes

I am sorry but the amount of people I had to put on Ignore is in the double digits so far, and I just got back If you must know it was due to the combination of skills put together to make something vulgar and uncouth. 0_o) as the one above said it was unnecessary innuendo.

They should also remove all of those staffs anything that just long and hard is far too phalic.

3 Likes

no idea tbh they still got me collecting bear butts and picking poop though so…

yep.

Not PETA level type but…I find Nessigwary offensive.

I don’t want him removed however. I’d take…him having protected npc status removed. Those who want him in their game…have at it.

Those who’d like to add turn his ears to the DEHTA collector, well we get to turn those in too. And thus no more Nessingwary. Hunter became the hunted…and lost.

4 Likes

It was a sex joke and blizzard have decided to go puritan on their games in response to the lawsuit against them as for why no idea puritanism is a more conservative and regressive thing so not going to please any of the leftists who have been mocking them over the Cole Cassidy thing in overwatch and well right wing gamers well from what I’ve seen they aren’t pleased either cause censorship and what not

Well it is a pink certain shaped “item” named the love rocket. I can’t imagine why either, it seems fine. :woman_shrugging:

And yet the Jailer’s shirtless nipples were less offensive than that.

Swords are scarier than penors. I think soon we’ll be fighting each other with air guitars.

6 Likes

there wasn’t any. if that actually offended someone, they need to go buy a buddah box or something.

2 Likes

They can change it in game.
They can change it on websites.
They cannot change it in our hearts.

from Imgflip Meme Generator

11 Likes

i always thought it was a reference to this comic book:

and the band that named itself after the comics:
https://fanart.tv/fanart/music/8cb3aa4a-3b4c-48b8-be0a-e57010fc1430/albumcover/seventh-dream-of-teenage-heaven-6165f4e5c76d4.jpg

Have you considered that the harassers most likely used the name as a way to harass fellow employees?

2 Likes