What was the point of Tyrande in SL?

Shandris Feathermoon says: Huln Highmountain! Long has it been since I witnessed you in battle.
Huln Highmountain says: Any friend of Jarod Shadowsong is a friend of mine. What would you ask of me, Shandris?
Shandris Feathermoon says: We require your skills as a huntsman. Our efforts hinge on locating an elusive quarry.
Thiernax says: The Night Warriors of Elune. We are in need of their aid.
Huln Highmountain says: Ah, now this is a true challenge! Very well, I will not rest until I have found them.
Ysera says: You have our gratitude, Horned Hunter. Night embrace you.

That is correct, it does not say that they were “former” night warriors. However, there is a noticeable difference between the Stonewright and Tyrande, or between the two souls from Ardenwaeld. The Night warrior is no longer awakened in them, but they are all still skillfull in using Elune’s powers.

Btw: Elune uses Astral-magic, which is a school of magic, a mixture of arcane and nature magic.

2 Likes

The quest “Containing the Night” I linked above says the plan is to locate former Night Warriors, this is where you go to find Huln.

Thiernax suggests a bold plan. Locating the other former Night Warriors will not prove easy.

Then when asking Stonewright about being a night warrior in “Rituals of Night” the past tense is used to ask her if she was a night warrior in life.

You were a Night Warrior in life?

Obviously, or I would not be here helping you now.

This is why they say former on wowpedia, becaue the plan is to locate former night warriors as stated in “Containing the Night”. She also does not have black eyes as the night warrior does.

5 Likes

I was on the fence on this debate until now. You’ve convinced me. Very well argued!!

3 Likes

Okay. The bug Night Warrior doesn’t use moon powers.
The stag Night warrior doesn’t use moon powers.
Stonewright does.

Wow, it’s actually crazy that you once again failed to link a source that calls her a current night warrior. Priestesses of Elune use Elune’s power, that doesn’t make them night warriors.

But again this is going to be one of those arguments where one you keep doubling down because you think your head canon is actual lore, while you never even bothered to do the questing yourself.

5 Likes

Your source doesn’t even say they aren’t night warriors.
It reads as “get yonder night warriors from the past” not “these guys aren’t night warriors anymore.”
We specifically needed them because they were Night Warriors.

“You were an x in life” applies to literally everyone in the Shadowlands.
“Hey Durotan, you were a warrior in life?”
“ye”
He didn’t stop being a warrior.

Wrong again, but this goes back to you not knowing the word “former”. I’ll link the quest again.

Thiernax suggests a bold plan. Locating the other former Night Warriors will not prove easy.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Containing_the_Night

Yes, they were formerly night warriors, they have experience with that power. They are no longer night warriors, hence the use of former night warriors.

A night warrior is not a class type like a warrior, you are borrowing power from Elune until that power kills you. I wonder why you think Stonewright is as powerful as she is, is it because she was a former (as in no longer now) night warrior? Or was it because she was given the powers of the original harvester of wrath as per the source you linked earlier?

You are confusing the Stonewright with the original Harvester of Wrath. She still exists, but had her power stripped and given to the Stonewright long ago.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Curator%27s_Addendum

But this is actually pointless now because you don’t know the definition of basic words at this point and you will not link anything saying she is currently a night warrior.

3 Likes

And yet, the vampire bitey gal is shooting moon beams that are Night Warrior juju, not druid juju.
“The Stonewright is the most powerful Venthyr!”
“Oh, she must be the first!”
“No, that was Renathal.”
“Oh, she must’ve been specifically created by Denathrius!”
“Nope.”
“Oh, he must’ve specifically made her more powerful!!”
“Nope, she has Night Warrior powers.”

Source that, priestess of elune use elune’s power. Nothing about a moon beam is night warrior only.

Wrong again. The source you linked but didn’t read specifically says she got powers from the harvester of wrath. Nothing says she has night warrior powers anymore.

You are confusing the Stonewright with the original Harvester of Wrath. She still exists, but had her power stripped and given to the Stonewright long ago.

But you have failed to source any information about her currently being a night warrior and just believe the actual quest text is wrong, and your strange head canon is right as you double and triple down. There is no further point in engaging you on this topic.

6 Likes

We aren’t told her class, only that she is a night warrior and that is the most important thing about her. Given that Blizzard is incredibly brunt faced about lore, it is obscenely clear.

Again wrong, we are only told that she “was” a night warrior in life and we are only looking for “former” night warriors. We are not told that she is currently a night warrior or currently using the night warrior’s power. Having the powers of the harvester of wrath an original entity created by Denathrius is why she’s powerful.

So again another failure by you to source anything.

7 Likes

And Danuser said we can’t trust what people say, only what we see.
And we see Night Warrior Stonewright, the most powerful Venthyr, use moon elune powers to utterly decimate Dreadlords.

We witness the Night Warrior use her Night Warrior powers.
We witness that she is the most powerful Venthyr because she is a night warrior with night warrior powers.

Sorry, you’re wrong.

1 Like

Whats even the point here?

To be no nightwarrior but still a priest of elune is immense powerfull on their own.

The stonewright is no_night warrior_ but still a user of elunes power

4 Likes

female night elf representation is the only logical reason…

She failed in every regard of her goals: kill Sylvanas and save her people…

Shoot, Malfurion could have done more if we just sent him to do the job…even if he had a foot in the grave from Saurfang’s dishonorable attack.

Two people that NE stans should be furious at: Tyrande and their goddess, Elune.

SMH

Did she, though?

Tyrande’s goals in Shadowlands were two-fold; bring Sylvanas to justice, and save the Night Elf souls lost to the Maw, all of which has been achieved or is underway.

You’re getting a little too desperate, it’s kind of pathetic. I guess I’ll just assume you’re “trolling” at this point.

7 Likes

This coming from the lady who says the Night Warrior who uses Night Warrior magic isn’t a Night Warrior.
:joy:

I am being helpful!!!

3 Likes

Do Druids use astral magic. Yes.
Are they Night warriors? No.

Do Moon Priestesses use astral magic. Yes.
Are they Night Warriors? No.

Not every astral magic user is a Night Warrior but every Night Warrior is an Astral magic user.
Hope this helps you to understand this simple concept, since you seem to be the only person still confused by it.

11 Likes

Is the Night Warrior currently known as the Stonewright a druid?
No.
She is a Night Warrior. That is the only thing we know about her class. Her show of Night Warrior powers was intentional.
Your intentional obtusion doesn’t change that in any way, shape, or form.