What was the point of Tyrande in SL?

Well he’s not completely wrong. The horde commander there is hostile to everyone.

Champion lockjaw is hostile, intended or not because the horde doesn’t have a quest to kill him I don’t believe, he also seems to be going crazy, but all the other forces are friendly to the horde, like the ones staking civilians to walls or burning them alive.

Other than to finger wag at Sylvanas and give her a menial task to perform so she can be absent for the next 1 or 2 expansions, I don’t think we’ve seen the point to her. But like a lot of character they don’t really have a point other than to be there for Sylvanas’ story.

1 Like

Tyrande, Night Elves, Teldrassil and Alliance were used as tools to tell the story of Varok Saurfang and his crisis with the Horde. The Horde identity and their inner conflicts. And of course Sylvanas and her character growth that 180’d every couple of years with every piece of media put out.

Tyrande was there to make Sylvanas fight and realize the jailer lied to her.
Tyrande was there to act as her judge and jury for her penance.
Tyrande was there as the representation of her victims that she had to crush to get where is.

Tyrande and the Alliance were tool to be used for the much larger story.
All they got for the roller coaster of a story was one word. Renewal.

Maybe next expansion we will see what this word actually signifies but for now. Where Shadowlands and BFA is concerned thats what the point of Tyrande was.

She ran a very long marathon to end up exactly where she was before.
A protectionist, justifiably angry priestess of elune.

10 Likes

No. /10char

1 Like

Yeah, that is exactly what they did, they took the two most controversial characters with easily the biggest fan bases, and “retired” them, and replaced them with whitewashed Alliance themed versions. This was the only way they could get rid of them without losing all their fans, and the money they bring in. The Alliance is being set up to be the final victor, and ultimate hero it seems, so anything that could destabilize that agenda, has to go.

1 Like

How are we not shown? The raid on org was shown, Undercity destroyed was shown all of our zones in kalmindor are shown to be partially controlled by the alliance.

Our fleets are shown being destroyed by the alliance. First forsaken then zanadalari. Our characters like king Rastakhan are shown to be killed by the alliance.

You honestly don’t play horde campaign or go through horde zones. For bonus all of horde questing in BFA was loosing. All 3 of our questing zones we lost, it ended with the seal being attacked. To top it off then the alliance came and killed the king.

The raid on Orgrimmar was done by the Horde and Alliance is there as a support force. Both times.
The battle for Lordaeron in early BFA is an actual Alliance attack on a Horde capital and in my opinion thats what both Orgrimmar sieges should have been like.

Garrosh lost. The Horde won.
As for the “All of our zones in Kalimdor are shown to be partially controlled by the Alliance” what do you mean?

Undercity was destroyed by the Horde. Not Alliance but the destruction leading up to the undercity was by Alliance doing though that was an ongoing conflict thing but you did lose Brill. That is true. Because you know… we see it destroyed.

Both times that the Horde lost its fleet they immediately responded by destroying what destroyed their stuff. The sky ship was destroyed immediatly after attacking the Horde fleet and the Kultiran fleet died before it could be used.
A sabotage quest destroyed the Zanadalari fleet which made the entire raid pointless.

Not to the Alliance.

For reasons we are still trying to figure out.

5 Likes

I don’t think you be justified with anything other then wiping the horde as a faction. You talked about showing, I listed plenty of instance where victories were shown.

But please tell me a single time the horde won an honorable fight or a single instance of a fight between the alliance and horde.

Things are better for horde as a faction. It’s much worse. The writers have ruined this faction, it’s identity and it’s values.

Its always the strawman isn’t it?

Either Alliance gets their teeth kicked in every week by the Horde as the Horde cry themselves to sleep about how hard it is to kick people in the face
Or
The Horde and all its playable races are destroyed or subjugated by the glorious alliance and their ever victorious armies of justice.

There is no middle ground.

8 Likes

Youi forgot the Stormwind Fleet being destroyed by the Zandalari. It gets shown to Alliance Players twice, first during the war council with Jaina, Genn, and Anduin then again during the Zandalari Foothold quest chain.

King Rastakhan was marked for Stuffing in the Fridge for Talanji’s character development from the start of the X-pac. Since they were killing him off anyway, they simply had the Alliance do it as a way of throwing the Alliance a bone since everyone was pissed about Teldrassil. (They tried to kill two birds with one stone.)

The Alliance don’t even encounter Rastakhan in any form until the raid encounter. He was a nobody to the Alliance and him being some sort of war objective came completely out of left field.

They basically wanted it to seem like The Alliance’s payback, except Rastakhan was in no way involved in Teldrassil or was the Alliance ever made to give a hoot about him while it was also done to give the Alliance internal strife which was supposed to make Tyrande look obsessed with Vengeance but actually made their Golden Boy look like an Imbecile.

11 Likes

Your missing the point. He said alliance is never shown but told so gave him instances where it is shown not told.

And it wasn’t a few ships not their fleet. Sure you can say the king firing was to build up Talanjis character built it up for what? It’s not like she does anything against the alliance or shame the alliance player.

I think, they should of had Tyrandre lead that raid instead of Jaina. It would of been a lot better.

1 Like

To be fair, what stakes had Tyrande at this moment in the hot regarding Zandalari?

It made sense there that it was Jaina. In the Azshara raid, oh, I will never forgive blizz for choosing JAINA as the primary player there instead of Tyrande.

9 Likes

Cut content.

3 Likes

Yeah replacing Illidan with a whitewashed version.

2 Likes

justice was never something she sought…Tyrande sough vengeance via the death of Sylvanas…anything less will be an affront to the Night Elf people.

Souls sent the maw are obliterated to power the mawsworn. Anything left will be Stygia…

Night Elves have been led astray.

The only thing lead astray was our train of thought there with the misuse of ellipsis.

We execute war criminals all the time in real life and fiction. Look at Arthas.

She even spared Sylvanas to help rescue the souls stuck in the maw.

What’s your problem with Tyrande?

2 Likes

Tyande in SL made me really dislike the character. She was just angry all the time and didn’t seem like the same Tyrande I knew throughout the years. In fact I thought she was basically insane in SL.

1 Like

What kind of monster sends their loyal, faithful pet to ultra hell?

To be fair Dori’thur is basically a really powerful Demi God and one of Elunes favored pets. She’ll be fine. I’d be more worried for the people who anger the bird. :wolf:

3 Likes