What was the point of Tyrande in SL?

I often wonder if maybe she didn’t kill the Mawsworn sent to kidnap her, so much as she just went on an edgelordy rant that was so bad, until they couldn’t stand it anymore, and just gave up and went back, because the Jailer’s punishment couldn’t be worse than dealing with her.

Oh maybe this happened if you kill her people. I mean, this could make people really upset

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dori%27thur
Dorithur’s just an owl.

spirit owl

Then when you go to spirit owl (owl scout), which is the ability she used in WC3

An owl scout can be summoned by the Priestess of the Moon and used to scout the map. Owls are invulnerable and can be controlled. Higher level owls last longer, can see further, and are faster. The owl can be incredibly important when used to camp over the enemy’s army.[1] The owls are not living creatures, but instead, they are conjured by night elven magic.

1 Like

A spirit owl. Not a demi god. Not something that would scare Nathaniel, muchless Sylvanas.
And now she can’t leave the Maw unless Sylvanas binds her soul to her. Or whatever it is Maw Walkers do to bring people out with them.
https://imgur.com/a/FIVd811

I think you have to be dead to need to be taken out of the maw that way, spirit owls are just conjured creatures. But getting in an out of the maw doesn’t seem like a problem now, the covenants all went in there to assault in in 9.1 while the Jailer was still active. Since he’s no longer around it’s probably just a barren place with a bunch of souls and whatever remaining mawsworn red shirts remain, so not really even much of a hell anymore.

1 Like

Tyrande couldn’t leave until that cutscene where the Big Boy comes out of the portal. She left with him.

She was hunting sylvanas and she hunted her to ardenweld. I don’t think it was ever said she “couldn’t” leave. She just decided to not come back with us, but she was never dead so her soul wasn’t stuck there like the souls of the dead are.

I’d guess the waystones just had to be activated by the Maw Walker once to function fine for everyone else.

We’re the Maw Walkers because we held the Heart of Azeroth (at least that was the implication throughout ZM). The Ebon Blade ended up getting to Oribos after we discovered it and would have also had to use the Waystone, given it’s the only way out and we last saw them in the Maw. Same for Bolvar. Unless the entire Ebon Blade as well as Bolvar held the Heart too, then we just unlocked the Waystone.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:
Blizzard told us no one had ever left before Sylvanas, and people needed Maw Walkers to get out until Zoovy started busting the veil.
Dorithur doesn’t have zoovy to open a portal for her.
But she has Sylvanas.

tbh were I a night elf fan, I’d worry about the proposition of Dorithur becoming Sylvanas’s hunter pet, given that Sylvanas is actually heartfelt about doing what she said she would. And that wouldn’t be cool for nelf fans.

Yeah I totally wasn’t even thinking about the ebon blade getting out of the maw too in the beginning. How did they get passed the jailer’s giant army?

I mean the maw isn’t really the same place it once was. The covenants have all been assaulting it in 9.1, so they seem to be able to get in and out of it as of then anyway. Sylvanas was just the first one to do it.

2 Likes

The maw walker established the portal to Korthia by being the maw walker and having people mess about with his anima. Thats how the covenants come and go.

The maw was inescapable because of ardenwaelds heart of the forrest. The jailor was free to go after the destruction of the heart This was destroyed during the ardenwaeld campaign and thanks to tyrande/elune and the wq grow a new one

The magic of the Heart of the Forest was used to ensure the Maw would be inescapable to banish The Jailer forever. The anima drought has caused the Heart to wither and it needs more anima than Ardenweald has if it’s going to keep The Jailer bound within the Maw

Winter Queen says: Long ago, we drew upon its magic to ensure the Maw would be inescapable. That the Banished One would remain forever bound.

So, the maw is no longer inescapable and the heart of the forest is one of the most powerfull things in existence. Its magic can bannish even an titanlike being

So no, the owl is not bannished, so no,not only sylvanas can save the souls and enter and leave the maw

2 Likes

Tyrande wasn’t in Shadowlands. Not the Tyrande I had come to know all these years. I didn’t recognize her at all in this expansion. I put a lot of blame on the overall story of SL though which started out good but went super down hill fast.

Tyrande has no agency. That is my problem.

What Sylvanas was to the Jailer is what Tyrande is to Elune: A pawn of forces far greater than they can really understand.

Tyrande’s original goal was to make the Banshee Queen pay for what she did which meant killing her. Elune denied her literally from killing Sylvanas in Ardenweld and now she is denied justice again by not outright killing her in the cinematic b/c she is following Elune’s edict of peace and renewal bs.

And damage is done…NE souls in the maw are no more. The only thing Sylvanas will find of their souls is stygia left behind after the soul was obliterated.

3 Likes

I will be honest, when I first read that I totally thought you were talking about Sylvanas and Nathanos.

As an aside I was initially surprised that Nathanos never showed up during Shadowlands. After thinking about it for awhile I came to the conclusion that Danuser couldn’t bring him in Shadowlands cause everyone was predicting his return in Shadowlands and if he returned there would be no subverting the expectations because so many expected his return.

Side effect for Tyrande killing him had some meaning after all even with the next expansion having been Shadowlands he wasn’t allowed to return.

1 Like

Genocide will change a lady.

Her people were the victims of a genocide by the horde, her home and land were destroyed as well. That’s probably going to make someone mad. That aside I think pretty much everyone can agree that the SL story was terrible.

8 Likes

To be clear, Sylvanas is that kind of monster, too.
Both of them are.

Well its a free country Dreadmoore. You are allowed to be wrong on the internet.

2 Likes