What was the point of the hunter one button macro?

To be fair, hunters weren’t intended to be able to automate that, either, but that actually was in tbc.

So yes, they should make that clip, and probably should restore the macro.

But it’s not like they would be the only class stuck watching a swing timer for max dps with paladins looking at new seal twisting as our max dps throughput by far.

If it stays as is, hunters will be THE dps class.
They’ll be doing like double the damage of average dps.

Being able to fire autoattacks during steady shots is big boost to their damage.

1 Like

I’d say thats fair because they 're dog water in pvp unless you like 5 hour mana drain games.

Let’s be honest. We know many hunters are going BM, use the macro and set up GSE. They are not going to watch a swing timer.

Beast cleave gonna body people.

Here’s all the known changes to steady over the course of tbc:

• /cast will toggle spells again unless the name is prefixed with an exclamation mark, e.g. /castsequence Steady Shot, !Auto Shot

• Hunters will no longer spin around if they cast Aimed Shot or Steady Shot while facing away from their target.

• Hunters: Using an instant ability after Steady Shot will no longer lock out auto shot.
1 Like

steadyshot does clip auto shot right now, you dont know what clipping means

It doesn’t clip auto shots on the beta as I have seen it tested.

so if your steadyshot goes off 0.6 seconds before an autoshot your auto will still go off?

Tbh I don’t even know anymore.

Currently on beta casting SS will still fire Auto shots, which from what people on here are saying that isn’t how it worked in actual tbc.

I know what clipping means. It isn’t just the .5s delay after steady shot from auto shot’s hidden cast time.

The correct behavior of steady shot should be:

Auto shot can not happen during the steady shot cast time.

Auto shot needs a .5s cast time as well (this is why it doesn’t happen while moving), which steady shot can push back.

If you really badly time your steady shot (say you cast it just before the shot reset), you will delay your auto shot until after the steady shot ends, +0.5s for it to cast.

Yeah, there’s a .5 sec delay for autos.

I also thought steady was a 1.5 sec cast but apparently it’s a flat 1 second.

Just to confirm, you want Blizzard to take away Seal of Blood from alliance Ret paladins right?

1 Like

That wouldn’t bother me in the slightest.

I don’t care what horde rets can do, alliance rets get compared to alliance rets. (Seal of blood was a poorly balanced seal and it was dumb that it was horde only, but I don’t really care if it stayed horde only).

I’m also grumpy that the seal twisting mechanics changed thanks to their sloppy implementation post batching so that you can now seal twist every swing while leaving enough room for other globals like crusader strike.

Rets are kind of a mess when it comes to being tbc-like right now.

Because most of the abilities for classes people want to check is at 66.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.