What was the point of the hunter one button macro?

If I remember right it was a macro system change that broke the clipping avoidance of the 1 button macro, not any gameplay changes.

It should clip.

Thank you for the information.

Now I’ve heard both things. I don’t know which is right.

Don’t suppose you have patch notes?

It’s unrelated to the engine, it’s just a beta bug.

Do you have a beta bug error from blizzard

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Steady_Shot

If you scroll to the bottom you’ll see the itemized list of what patches did what changes to the move.

1 Like

Yeah my whole point was is I thought that maybe it was an engine limitation which is why back then it clipped autos and then why it was changed to not clip Auto attacks anymore because the engine was upgraded

Nah, it wasn’t a limitation issue, cast time abilities aren’t supposed to allow autoattacks to occur during them.

It was an intentional balancing choice. Many cast abilities like that (such as paladin hammer of wrath) fully reset your swing timer in addition to the pushback.

Because hunters were meant to be using the cast time abilities often, they just get the pushback, no reset.

The ability was a copy/paste of aimed shot, which correctly pushed back autos in classic. Steady shot is also supposed to do this.

I seem to recall hunters being really pissed at the end of TBC. Since I didn’t have a hunter past 20 or so, I didn’t really pay attention to why. My guess is that yeah, it got fixed.

Going to be interesting to see if blizz actually changes it, since it’s at a version that does happen later.

They should change it, as they are aiming for 2.4.3 tuning and mechanics.

what in the actual F are you on about?

They’re literally removing spell batching.

Now if they could remove the god awful leeway mechanic we would be set.

1 Like

Aye, and they have been adjusting things to make sure they stay reasonably close to the original functionality.

That’s why they hard coded seal twisting back in (poorly, making it a large buff).

They are missing the mark, but that’s still their goal.

1 Like

Yea I really don’t think they will be changing steady shot to clip autos.

I think they will keep it how it is.

They should fix it so stacking hunters doesn’t become a whole lot better than it already is.

Needing to pay attention to auto shots was a sizeable limiter to hunter dps (which was already top tier) that would just be gone.

2 Likes

Yea I just don’t see them writing code to recreate an issue they actually fix later.

It’s not a bug for it to clip autoattacks.

Changing it to not do so wasn’t a “fix” it was a complete redesign of their rotation.

That’s why it happened at an expansion swap. They do their rotational changes there.

2 Likes

Hopefully it doesn’t clip becuase the macro was a script that won’t work in TBC classic.
Allow auto shots while casting steady shot, but not aimed shot imo.

Hey, if paladins are forced to deal with new ptr seal twisting changing things to be our best rotation by far, hunters should also suffer with weaving manually.

To be real, laziness. Someone discovered that the macro could perform well enough if not better than most players and it spread.

I am glad to hear that the timing changes for batching could mess it up. I would LOVE to see marks be competitive again.

I know, I might be jealous. I refused to go BM back in the day. :stuck_out_tongue:

They will have to redo steady shot then because currently the macro doesn’t work but the macro is irrelevant because steady shot doesn’t clip auto shots on beta.