What was the point of the hunter one button macro?

Was this used in TBC? If so why?

Steady shot in the Beta atm Doesn’t clip auto shots, unless it did back then and it isn’t now because the updated engine?

Aside from adding kill command, what was the reason for the 1 button macro?

from what i heard it did clip auto shots back then and made it hard to time

Yea so the macro itself will be pointless aside from adding kill command to it since that’s off the GCD.

Currently steady shot itself does NOT clip auto shots on the beta, which I doubt will change. I’m just assuming the retail engine fixed that.

u got it. its so u could mash the button as fast as possible. It wouldn’t steady shot if there wasn’t enough time before your next auto shot, and it would spam kill command every time u pressed it so u didnt have to manage it after a crit. That’s why the 2.7 speed is bis.

If it doesn’t it will be changed to do so, as those are incorrect mechanics for steady shot in tbc.

And they are aiming for authenticity.

1 Like

No they aren’t.

Hence the new drums.

Leveling shaman and pally in prepatch.

The paid boost.

I doubt they fix steady shot clipping autos.

1 Like

nah this seems unintended

i could seem them changing it, but i could be wrong

I dont see any current beta testers that are focusing on hunters which is sad. We need to have some hunter beta testers to test out the shots.

1 Like

There is Brucewayne and Bean.

That’s where I got my info.

Tbh I doubt they change it because I doubt it was ever intended to clip autos as it gets fixed later anyway.

It allowed BM hunters to maximize DPS with a single button. It helped strengthen the “huntard” expression.

Yeah because it made it so they didn’t have to actually Time auto shots.

That’s exactly how it’s working on the beta steadyshot will now automatically fire Auto shots off.

The beta is on the final patch of TBC.

The macro was broken/made useless by this patch.

That’s why you’re not seeing the value in it. The 1 button hunter was from an earlier TBC patch.

So the last patch stopped clipping Auto shots when casting steady shot?

It was absolutely intended to clip autos.

Steady shot was built from the ground up to be identical to vanilla aimed shot in function, but with no cooldown and a fast speed, so that hunters could weave it without being stuck looking for the slowest weapon around.

(It had the unintended consequence of pushing hunters toward fast weapons)

It was changed in a later expansion because they eventually decided that shot weaving wasn’t great gameplay, but it was core to hunter design for both vanilla and TBC.

Removing shot weaving and allowing steady shot to be fully spammed without pushing back auto shots would be a huge buff to hunters that they literally do not need or deserve in tbc.

Apparently from the last poster he’s saying that it’s intended to be this way.

That the last patch of TBC fix the shot clipping

Nah, he’s incorrect.

I mained a hunter through tbc the whole time.

It got changed in the wrath of the lich king prepatch, which is not the patch tbc classic is built around.

3 Likes

Did they fix steady shot there so it wouldn’t clip autos?

I mean, I remember reading it got fixed in the sunwell patch.

I don’t remember the specifics of how it got changed.

Steady shot was changed to no longer clip auto attacks in patch 3.0.2, which was after Sunwell, as they were about to launch wrath of the lich king.

There were some guilds still doing Sunwell at that time, but it was after tbc was effectively over.

2.4.3 steady shots (the beta version) are intended to clip auto shot.

3 Likes

What expansion did the wow engine update