What was the intent of Classic?

You people have the attention span of a flea, I swear. It’s not a bite sized post, sure, but it’s not really that long.

I’ve seen far longer posts. At least this guy broke it up instead of leaving it as one big thing.

I have no problem with long posts. I do have a problem with the same long post over and over again like someone’s post is somehow more important than the other term length paper post that rehashes the same stupid argument that I’ve read three times already in three different threads, regardless of what the argument may be.

You are right though, at least he had punctuation and paragraph structure, I’ll give him that.

The worst is when it’s twice the length of the OP but it’s all one block. Often with no punctuation, or minimal punctuation as though they’ll run out if they’re too liberal with it.

I find those to be such a chore to read, I usually don’t bother.

Bro, how many times do I have to say this on numerous posts like this.

Retail pvp is stupid boring. Beyond repair brokenly mind numbingly boring. They ruined the game by getting rid of gear. Some of the class abilities only work in bgs but dont in world. All while your level doesnt even matter because it scales to whatever level they want you to scale to.

The reward system is meaningless if gear is obsolete. In retail, you dont feel like you are working for anything. It is all trash. The mounts are stupid, the phases are dumb, the world feels so like puzzles and instanced everywhere, i dont even know whats going on. I dont even know if Wpvp is even fair, as your gear and level seems to be changed their value so greatly.
Everything feels so restricted in retail. You cant stack stats or anything like that, in the name of balance. It is DUMB!

I came to nost because it was a mega server. I dont like classic, I like wrath. But nost had the bigger pop. A pop I never seen on retail WoW before. Nost was waaaaay better than actual WoW because there were more players in the world. It felt alive, and the game felt fun again. Everything was simple and made sense.

Im just waiting for wrath, and idc about boosting or w.e

It would be easier for me to jump on the anti-boost bandwagon if they were offering new classic and TBC servers.

I quit before P3. Mostly due to work, but a decision made easier due to the direction the community was taking the game. Blizzard made some decisions then that I did not like, mainly server caps and layering. I understand why, but the way these were implemented ruined many aspects of the game for me. Within a month of hitting 60 I had my epic mount and enough arcane crystals and black lotus to last me the entirety of classic.

I came back a few weeks ago and was saddened be the state of this game. What’s worse is that the community did this, not blizzard. I spent about 8 years playing vanilla pservers and loved each one I played on. Classic was by far the worst “vanilla experience” I have ever had. I say this just to answer your question by saying my “what if” has already happened…so I understand where you are coming from.

Back to my original point. I know many people liked TBC and are just now joining because they didn’t like vanilla. If I were one of them, I’d be pretty upset about having to start from scratch on servers that are so economically broken. They should have just added new servers for new players.

Sadly, Blizzard is a publicly traded company. Share holders are more important that customers, and boosts improve the bottom line which makes share holders happy.

For what it’s worth, I’m only here until July 20th.

Because Blizz’s lawyers insisted on it so they can defend Blizz’s IP.

I read your post in its entirelty but i think the point you missed is that you thought

Which was correct but you missed the underlying point. Blizzard wanted to have those players come back to spend their $ at Blizard as opposed to a PS. So they created Classic as close to Vanilla as possible and they did try. But the overall strategy was to get as many players back to classic play that and then move on to TBCC and ( theoretically WotlkC).

People should make no assumptions about #nochanges from this time forward

That includes Boosts and other QoL changes.

However one feels about a company making money we have to realize that Blizzard at heart wants to make a progressing product that will provide a source of income. This is inevitable and unavoidable. The trick for Blizzard is to do that that retains enough people in teh game as the cost of the ‘purists’

And from what i’ve seen that regardless of what one sees here on the forum is that Boosts have been wildly popular regardless of the fear mongering that the purists have been putting out. The Sky has not Fallen and there are no sign that it is.

People also crap all over ‘retail’

The reality is that the further along we go on the re-releases the closer we get to 'retail. thats just something people need to get over.It’s unavoidable as well. One can debate how long the “Classic” franchise can go (personally i think its till WotLK but thats just me ) but neverthless the further we go, the more ‘changes’ we will seee and the internet raging we see here on the forums doesn’t reflect the engagement

So to blizzard…The Boost is fine

No one is forcing us to buy it or use it and looking around the people who consistently have a problem with dont seem to have the numbers on their side

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.