What Triggered Your Hype?

Was there a particular moment it really sunk in that we get to go back? I’ve been excited and everything, but when I happened to pull up some old Darnassus music something clicked in my head. It was like “Wait a minute, I’m actually going back there, for realsies.” Just the idea of being able to hang out in that atmosphere again has me frothing at the mouth for this.

So yeah, any moments this suddenly became “real” to you?

2 Likes

When it was announced. I took everyone out for ice cream. I had some vanilla.

7 Likes

Yep the realization didn’t take long. I had been listening vanilla WoW soundtrack for the autumn before it as I started my current studies and needed some real good instrumental music to with it.

1 Like

As soon as J walked out on stage at Blizzcon 2017.

1 Like

Hype went away for me when they announced that there will be no RP-PvP servers on launch.

Announcement. Honestly I haven’t felt actual “hype” for a game since Starcraft 2. Like… I’m taking off work that day kind of hype. And before that? Half Life 2. So that’s how difficult it is to get me excited about a game.

4 Likes

Since WotLK, I haven’t really played any game seriously, as original WoW was so top tier that I couldn’t find anything that sucked me in and compared to that experience. So I’ve just been in a gaming void for a decade. After the WoW Classic announcement, I didn’t really think it would happen (or Soon was too far away to worry about). Just a few weeks ago I saw the announcment of a this summer release.

The hype is so strong now that the game is just around the corner that it is constantly on my mind. Just thinking about the game and specs and classes and zones and quests is more fun than playing any current game out right now.

4 Likes

that was a great introduction by j, and the classic chromie vid was great too.

3 Likes

The video of Chromie rewinding everything. It gave me goosebumps when I saw it, and I’ve been hyped ever since.

EDIT: Turns out the video still gives me goosebumps. The hype continues to grow.

9 Likes

/TRIGGERED/

What got me excited to play Classic was the announcement of Classic, but I’ve been wanting vanilla servers probably as far back as Cataclysm.

The thing that really made me miss vanilla was the talent tree destruction in Cataclysm, and total decimation in Mists of Pandaria. Every expansion after that point made me realize more and more that there are so many things I wish never changed.

4 Likes

I was so disconnected from blizzard Blizzard games since I quit in cata I had no idea until I came back to try bfa and was on the forums.

Needless to say was rather surprised and excited.

watch the chat text. it just goes nuts

2 Likes

When I played the classic demo! The most fun I had playing WoW in ages.

5 Likes

Class after class of ugly, ugly children.
Seriously, the gaming industry has lost its creative edge with all the visionaries being replaced by cashbot™ business models that neglect to capture the psychology of human players and instead aim for the PRESS A TO WAGGLE HAND and receive non-exclusive reward.

And so we turn to older games which still embody such a quality.

1 Like

Being able to return to unblemmished Ashenvale and Stranglethorn is all the hype I need :wink:

How bad the current game is :frowning:

Classic

Just one of those people who think it is the most compelling era of the game, so of course I want to play it.

its fun to watch people react to the announcement

2 Likes

Seeing that dwarf crunching through the snow - it literally brought tears to my eyes. No more hype needed, I was there.

3 Likes

When it was announced. Me and my brothers are long time warcraft fans and were watching Blizzcon together… I want to say I didnt cry when classic was announced but… I was happy.

1 Like