What to do once getting to 70

So I just finally got to 70 (woohoo). But I have the question of what do I need to do next? My goal is to raid. But I am not sure the steps needed to get to that point. I know there are daily quests but which should I be focusing my time on? any and all advice is appreciated as I have absolutely no idea what I should be doing now that I have reached 70.

I will also add that I have a 60 druid that I leveled along the way. Should I just focus on leveling him to 70 for the time being until the new expansion comes out and start fresh?

Farm mats and sell dungeon boosts until wotlk-classic, then level up and finally get to raid.

With WotLK just around the corner, getting into raiding as the expansion is nearly over is certainly more difficult that near an expansions start.

Looking for a good guild is where i would start. You can then focus on trying to build up some dungeon gear while trying to get into Kara groups (10man raid). Kara is super easy and doesnt require any particularly good gear to clear, it will also supply you as a wealth of badges to purchase some solid upgrades with.

Once you have enough gear from badges/kara drops you will likely be able to sneak into any of the T4/T5 raids as well as ZA (another 10 man). Finally once you have enough gear groups might consider you for BT/MH/SWP.

That said… this takes months to get to this point. Likely WotLK will be out by the time you are geared enough to step into T6 + SWP. So if i were you i would be focusing on finding a guild to raid with in WotLK and getting proffessions maxed.

1 Like

My apologies for the lengthy reply here…

Firstly, congratulations on reaching Level 70!

My usual advice in this kind of case is to do whatever you find enjoyable.

Like Zapp mentioned, it would be a good start to try and find a guild that is currently raiding/clearing Karazhan on a weekly basis (Most guilds do this for the badges, since it’s the highest badge-per-raid ratio in TBC at 22 per run, rather than acquiring the gear for their members - most loot is now disenchanted)

Healers and DPS have it much easier entering raiding content that they’re not quite prepared for than Tanks do. I’m not sure if you are DPS or Heals, but you could run some regular dungeons (Shattered Halls, Botanica, Steamvault, etc.) for the gear you need. Biggest thing is for DPS to aim for as close to your Hit Cap as possible (Casters = 16% / Physical = 9%)

I’d recommend looking at Seventyupgrades to track your current gear, and see what upgrades you can find through regular dungeons. It also shows you what gear you can receive through different faction reputations.

I would immediately express interest to the guild in raiding Karazhan and fill the time running dungeons until your first raid. Zul’Aman is another great option to start running as soon as possible because you can run it twice a week (compared to once a week for other raids) and I think it drops about 13 badges per run, so that could be 26 weekly!

At the end of the day, I wouldn’t put too much worry on getting any specific gear because the gear you will be able to obtain prior to Lich King’s release will likely be replaced fairly quickly. Do and get what you can, as it will make your life easier in the beginning, but don’t stress too much if you’re not seeing many drops.

As far as your Level 60 Druid…

For me, personally, I typically say that once you get your Dungeon Gear (“Pre-Raid BiS”) you will no longer need to run regular dungeons (unless you want to, of course) so you will be starting to focus on raids/heroics, and you can only do them so often. If your Druid interests you, I would recommend filling the downtime levelling it, absolutely.

Congratulations again, that’s awesome!

kill lower levels on opposing faction and spit at their corpse

swipe that card
get 300k gold and buy a full bis from sunwell

HI OP, I recommend the below:

While our gear is going to be replaced fairly quick in Wrath. Having gear to make your leveling smooth is preferred.

If you want the bear mount from ZA start running that as it will be gone forever after TBC.

Max out your professions, you will need them for wrath.

Gold will be important, save up. While gold loses value, you will spend ALOT in wrath.

You can finaly play the game.

1 Like

Grind honor and buy the season 2 mace, enchant that and then use your social skills to find some people to play with. Lots of guilds will be looking for people who are committed to playing WoTLK and will take you into their raids now, even if your gear is bad.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.