What the hell is this?

If you aren’t aware, some NPCs were added to Oribos in 9.2, including two Night Elf death knights, Synthanos Wintersong and Niena Bladeleaf.

If you’re wondering who they are, there’s an explanation on WoWhead.

This isn’t the first time that RP OCs have been added into the game as tribute, as back in WotLK a group of three characters were added in Silvermoon, but this might be the first time such characters have been added with right click text.

If you’re wondering what he’s listening to, that’d be his half-sister standing next to him, who has been in a romance triangle with him for some time.

These two have a unique and special backstory, as can be seen here.

So why are they in the game? That’s something I really want to know. Are these characters of someone who works at Blizzard? Creations from a friend of an employee? I’m real curious as to why Mary Sue incest characters are now officially part of lore.

41 Likes

Oh no. Oh no, oh no, oh no. No to all of this.

Who on Earth thought this was a good idea?

23 Likes

Maybe a bad april fools joke?

6 Likes

I doubt whoever made these characters would think that they would be added into the game. Personally I would be a bit embarrassed.

6 Likes

Those two belong in the Maw.

29 Likes

Might as well put Cameron and Perfectia into the game at this point.

4 Likes

And you wonder why RPers have a reputation for being a buncha weird perverts.

I mean. That’s not even remotely an unfair opinion if I’m being honest. But this doesn’t help to dispel the already easily viewable objective stereotypes.

24 Likes

I admit I’m perverted myself. But I’m a player, not a BlizzDev. Someone at Blizzard went through the effort to put this in, and they clearly know the characters backstories. This is why developers should be held accountable.

4 Likes

Given all the disturbing fetishes that have reared their heads in that company; “cubicle crawls”, hidden toilet cams, the breast milk fixation - I am not making any of that up… I’m not surprised to see this appear (but no less put off).

Prior to the lawsuit, Activision Blizzard made the Playboy mansion look chaste.

2 Likes

Right?? Like, after all the mind-blowing creepery going on at Blizz that has come out in the lawsuits, it isn’t really shocking someone found quasi-necro half-sibling incest to be the fetish for them and wanted to throw a tribute to it into the game…

But the fact they did so in a post-Lawsuit world and thought people would be okay with it is just mind-blowing.

6 Likes

I forgot about the necro aspect of it :nauseated_face:

Either they missed a few perverts in the wave of firings from the lawsuit… or someone wants to deliberately tank the game.

4 Likes

I don’t really understand why people are saying incest. From those lore blurbs, these two are in not related at all.

11 Likes

Read the blurbs carefully;

• Niena’s blurb literally states that Synthanos - her half-brother - is her lover.
  • Synthanos says he has a relationship with his half-sister Niena that complicates his crush on Kementari.

(disregard the above text)

ADDENDUM: WE HAVE ALL MADE A MISTAKE. NIENA IS KEMENTARI’S HALF SISTER, NOT SYNTHANOS’. THE ACTUAL SITUATION IS THAT SYNTHANOS HAS A CRUSH ON KEMENTARI, BUT IS IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH KEMENTARI’S HALF-SISTER NIENA!

THERE IS NO INCEST, I WAS WRONG. WE WERE WRONG. YOU ARE RIGHT, @Vespero

24 Likes

Oh my geez. Now I feel more than a little silly. It’s right there in the image too!

Moving on, moving on!!

From the Lore Blurbs, it looks like S is in a relationship with N. But S always loved K. Now that S and N are dead they share a psychic link, so N knows S loves K. N and K are half sisters. S isn’t related.

But the WoW head comment says they are half siblings. I suppose the WoWhead comment is wrong?

(I hate to analyze RP so much, but Blizz did put them in the game.)

2 Likes

I stand corrected. Despite there not actually being incest, I don’t think these characters should’ve had NPCs made of them. Someone shouldn’t be able to just break free from the Scourge.

1 Like

So Blizzard put an incest relationship in the game?

Synthanos.
Sin. Thanos.

The creativity just explodes, doesn’t it?

1 Like

Look either way I’m still mad at the name Synthanos.

Though frankly the only undead nelf with a name that had my fulsome approval was Elfanescence.

11 Likes

Bladeleaf is pretty dumb too… shouldn’t it be Leafblade?

There’s four other NPCs in the game with the last name Bladeleaf

2 Likes