What the Heck Happened to Torghast and whose to blame

chambers 7 made me work for it, but upper reaches 8 utterly destroyed me, like a dozen times I restarted trying to scrounge up a descent power but the 50% health increase buff in there makes the first layer guardian nearly (or absolutely, depending on which one spawned) impossible for me as a prot warrior.

The health buff is BS cause it lets that derpy damage and stun immunity buff ramp up more casually.

Way to cherry pick that one sentence, tell me what’s wrong with anything else I said:

You are almost as annoying as all the fears and those enemies that spawn when you stand still for 0.5 seconds in torghast. The thing is they are AI and you are an actual human being. Pretty sad hmm.

2 Likes

I wouldnt say that torghast is required content. The choice to acquire the leggo is exactly that, a choice.

Not doing the maw and torghast will limit you ability to preform, not that a lot of players seem to worry about that, but you can still actively participate in the game.

Also i see alot of these threads complaining about the torghast being required content. There is a reason blizzard front loaded the rewards for Torghast so that people with less time, less coordination are not completely penalised from not completing 2x 8 layers each week. You will still get your leggos granted not at a fast pace

:zipper_mouth_face:

:laughing: :clown_face:

8 Likes

Well for starters, just over a week ago you had this to say about the state of the game…so what’s changed so dramatically?

and

What, specifically, has so dramatically changed in the past 8 days to warrant such a complete turnaround?

7 Likes

You just lost the argument again, didn’t even address my post at all and resulted to digging up old posts :yawning_face:

Like others have mentioned, if you do to layer 3 in both halls I think you get the majority of the soul ash you can get. Level 5-7 award diminishing amounts.

You’re gimping yourself majorly on a select damage, utlity, etc, if you choose not to get a legendary item. It is not optional if you want to play in any reasonable way. Legendary items included in the expansions have always been a staple of power, not necessarily prestige, whatsoever. Obtaining them has never been difficult, but the process may sometimes have been a tad lengthy or tedious.

This expansion is no different. You do not have to do the latter floors of Torghast, but in not doing them it’ll simply take longer to obtain that which you want. To say though that Torghast is optional content shows how little you downplay their prominence in this expansion.

1 Like

The result was simple.

The few who progressed faster, probably because they were extremely well geared or got good RNG on Anima Powers ended up hurting everyone else.

If they keep doing that the entire expansion, this issue is going to come up again and again and again. They get scared because people are progressing “too fast” so they OverBuff Torghast. Then they realize they OverBuffed it, and have to nerf it. So they do a +20 instead of the +6 that was needed, and when they get around to nerfing it, they’ll nerf it down to +9.

Yeah.

Good Idea.
Piss Poor Execution.

Something Blizzard is sadly known for. And I was genuinely looking forward to enjoying Torghast as fun and challenging the whole expansion. Now that its obvious they’re going to OverBuff every time someone scares them by progressing too “fast”, its going to have a negative impact on people’s desire to run it.

3 Likes

He lost nothing, he proved that you are just a complete contradiction :laughing:

These are from YOUR threads, they are YOUR words

:clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

4 Likes

So go ahead and run Layers 1 - 4 to get a majority of the dust. The higher layers don’t provide much dust but act as a way to challenge players who like that sort of content, no one is forcing anyone to do those layers. If you run the lowest layers, you can do it about 30 - 40 min once a week and still get your legendary. What’s the issue with that? It caters to those who don’t want to be challenged, and those who do.

I think you mean “resorted” to…but that’s ok. There’s this thing called consistency, Tupac. Just over a week ago you were telling anyone who would listen that SL sucked and that it’s defenders were like hostage victims who start defending the hostage takers. Now you’re doing the same thing, so - like I asked earlier - what specifically changed to warrant such a dramatic turnaround in your attitude?

4 Likes

There’s also a thing called growth and evolution, I loved the way Ion and the dev team handled the game recently and I think they know what’s best for the game. I stand by what I said then, and I stand by what I say now. WoW is in the best place it’s ever been, there are more subscribers than WoTLK and so far the reviews for the game are fantastic!

Most Dedicated Troll of the Year - Tupac or Ralph?

2 Likes

If the troll can get you to engage with them even if you are, " showing them up"… they still win. they have your attention

He’s gotta be up there, dude has 16 jobs and 30 kids but still has time to make replies in minutes, something like nearly 180 posts in a 24 hour period, lmao

2 Likes

I haven’t seen enough of Tupac to judge on that yet.

But, even if he does try and troll threads, the more threads, the more likely that it will grab Blizzard’s attention. Because they only seem to respond when we bring out the torches.

1 Like

Well, over the course of a year - Ralph for sure, I think. Tupac’s making a hell of a late year run for it though.

2 Likes

They buffed torghast because they deemed it too easy.