What the forums need is a thread auto-lock after certain time of inactivity

Jesus was outright railing against many of his cultural norms. Hang out with sinners, lepers, tax collectors?! You woke newb.

Tell us that we can confess our sins and appeal to the Creator directly, rather than practice elaborate rituals, follow strict religious regulations, constantly appeal to our religious leaders for favor and answers on our behalf?

You lazy millenial. Work harder and pull yourself up the ladder by your bootstraps already. We want you to repress and simmer in your shame just like we did.

I love me some repetitions in the reams of history.

But yeah. Talking about religions on the forums gets spicy fast. I’ve actually been surprised it’s been coming up so frequently this past week.

jesus claimed to be the jewish messiah, the #1 difference between jews and christians is that christians recognize jesus as the jewish messiah and jews don’t

the romans were pretty lax, I wouldn’t say he challenged cultural norms

Matthew 5:17

There’s nothing wrong with religion on an individual level, and I’m sure it’s done quite some good.

Organized religion however, is the biggest con humanity has ever invented.

1 Like

I’ve mixed opinions on the matter. Of course, like everything you read, each slice of historical interpretation can change you view point. I’ve recently come across a book interested at looking at Jesus and his apostles as a competing doomsday/rapture group in direct contention with John the Baptist as a competitor. Which is something I’d not considered.

maybe the lower levels, I’m protestant and I generally listen to the pope on most issues except birth control, divorce, and abortion

I have had a significant amount of admiration for every single pope in my lifetime…but I did grow up in the boston area and I could probably say the exact opposite of some of his employees to say the least

110% with ya

Hell, all forums should have this

Quick, let me find that post from 2018 talking about XYZ and bump it.

Worst part is being the person that is now responding to a Necro thinking it’s new lol

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

christianity and jesus have had a weird relationship with rome… if you read between the lines jesus is basically claiming himself to be the caesar of heaven

4 score and 17 expansions…can you imagine how it’s going to be in the future where you can attach yourself to a historical thread.

Imagine if the Constitution had a Yahoo comment thread.

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

1 Like

the american revolution was borne from taverns and guilds

(and whenever someone talks about the founding fathers nowadays what they often mean is slavery… every single white person has many many slaves in their lineage due to the history of the roman empire)

Jesus the person actually said some good things according to the Bible.

It’s the followers who turned the religion into the hot mess that it currently is, as a lot of the stated beliefs of modern christian sects are opposite what the Bible says Jesus said.

1 Like

the old testament lays out most of the christian laws, jesus came around and signed for it

I studied hermeneutics in college. That was fascinating stuff

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

1 Like

I get all my religious know-how from 40k.

Hermaneutics and canonical law were the bane of my existence for two years. Elective bane, but still bane.

1 Like

Hey Krogh, looks like you necroing your B-Tag thread got it 404’d finally.

4 Likes

Only took them 5 months too long.

4 Likes

We need this and bnet tags instead of characters.

!RemindMe in two years

…so I can necro this :smiling_imp:

just kidding, necro posts get really annoying after a while

1 Like

It would appear as though blizzard has spoken and the forums will stay as they are and that is a good thing.

We had some lovely discussions with many wonderful people to determine the best format for the forums. Those fruitful discussions yielded a positive result and the forums will not be changing.

This is such a happy day for everyone :slight_smile: