What stings most about being kicked from a group

I suppose it’s the fact that the “Dungeon Deserter” debuff is inappropriately named and described. Because I didn’t desert or abandon my group, they kicked me.

Blizz could stand to change that.

Little irritated because I waited 20 minutes on an alt to get into a half-way Oculus group, only to DC real fast upon mounting a dragon. Then came back to find myself kicked. People have absolutely no patience these days.

4 Likes

They should allow us to take NPCS for low level dungeons. There’s no point being social anymore.

11 Likes

I’d be able to count on NPCs far more than other people these days.

Probably get better conversation from them too.

3 Likes

That’s because with NPCS they are always the same, they are predictable. People are not.

They would actually be there when I need them.

Agree. Make it happen Blizz.

Most people suck these days anyway. I know it’s an mmo but I would prefer other people to be optional.

Skyrim and Spongebob is for ya then

1 Like

if blizzard would go out of their way to do that, then just do solo loot content and make it harder than group content so players that want easier content just go talk to other people, and those who want to play alone go do some magetower loot content

The timer is usually 2-3 min before you can kick someone who enters.

1 Like

Correct me if im wrong but doesn’t someone have to be in the group for 5 mins before you can start a vote to remove them? How long were you dc for?

I started at the beginning of the instance where everyone else was halfway up to the centrifuge constructs. I ran that circle to the portal where the first boss is, talked to a dragon, mounted up and immediately DCed. I came back about 15 seconds later to find myself kicked.

Like 15 seconds.

Yeah unless you took forever to get to said platform im not sure how you are at the 5 min mark for a vote to be started, granted being dc might override the timer

As usual, it seems we aren’t getting the whole story here…

1 Like

Eh. My anxiety is more annoying. That “See? Nobody wants you. I told you.” invasive thought.

2 Likes

I always try to give someone at least 5 mins but after that I’ll kick.

It’s ok bro they probably didn’t know if you was coming back or not, they don’t know you!:woman_shrugging:

Just dust yourself off champ and keep going after debuff expires.

I know that feeling all too well. /hugs

It’s the fact that I, as tank, got kicked for “not tanking” when it was the Hunter that was pulling the packs.
People want tanks but people don’t want tanks. :exploding_head:

Thankfully there is sort of a way to counter that somewhat. Pick someone you just know is stupid. Pretend those invasive thoughts are in their voice. At that point you’re just “Pfft shut up idiot I know you’re full of crap”

Have you posted something similar before? Or am I experiencing deja vu?