What stings most about being kicked from a group

I’ve given that advice here before but last time it was awhile ago

I don’t understand the rationale of the debuff when you are booted from the group.

1 Like

and they’ll defend the behavior in here afterwards.
Typical these days.

I agree there.
Leaving a group should give the debuff, but being kicked is a bad grey area.
It gets abused by dillweeds here and there. And if you happen to get booted for just being bad, its really dumb to catch a debuff for that.
I’ve only gotten kicked from groups a few times, once was while explaining dungeon mechanics to a tank while leveling a healer.
They took offense and I just assume it was a bunch of blind yes votes that removed me.
The other was a Rag group kicking my in a M+ right as the last boss died.

Isn’t VTK disabled for 60 seconds after a DC?

I dont believe so.
I’ve seen VTKs go out almost immediately following a dc before.
Unless this was changed at some point.

That’s your fault, people wanted to kicked you so they did. It’s a you-problem.

1 Like

What’s this about a suggestion to have even less social interaction in this game. Sign me the heck up. No that’s not sarcasm. I would totally be down for this idea.

1 Like

I have six accounts, trust me, I do enough leveling dungeons to back you up on this one. People boot for disconnected in around 10-15 seconds most times. That’s based on doing many leveling dungeons over the years and many lately… MANY.

Hrmm, dynamic 5 mans? Similar to how raids work now. I wouldn’t incentivize with better loot though, this is still an MMO.

Multiple things going on here:

1. Dragons in The Oculus cause disconnects when mounted. I saw this for myself just the other day. Pretty annoying, and a good thing for everyone in the dungeon to keep in mind.
  2. Voting quickly to remove someone for disconnecting. Always wait at least a minute for disconnects, and always click no by default on any vote unless you have a very definite reason to click yes!
  3. Dungeon deserter being applied to the person who was kicked. Unfortunate in some cases, but it makes sense in others, and there’s no way for an automated system to tell the difference.

One thing that’s strange to me is that dungeon deserter is normally only applied to players who leave or are removed before the first boss is dead, and in The Oculus, you don’t get access to the drakes until after you’ve fought Drakos the Interrogator. Did you join a group that was already in progress with him dead and get removed before the next boss? Not sure if that counts the same, but it’s the only way I can make this add up unless the deserter debuff misfired.

Edit: Yup, reread your fourth post, and it sounds like that’s exactly what happened. Interesting. So it’s the first boss for that particular player to get immunity from deserter, not just the first boss of the dungeon being dead, I guess.

to be fair, i think this whole perception people have about mmos its something that can be attributed to Co-op, but mmo only means massive multiplayer online, the game have many players together alongside you in the world, but just because there´s people out there this doesnt mean the stuff they make need to be done with multiplayer exclusive in mind

1 Like

Nobody sees the debuff. Nobody cares. Sim some gear or visit the AH till it goes away.

for what it’s worth i would take the debuff over running the dungeon in the first place

I have kicked someone within a few seconds of entering.

Nothing stings about it, on the rare occasion it happens i shrug wait for the debuff or log onto another character and requeue.

That’s probably just an Old God.

It’s cool, just means I can go get a drink and or a snack of I need to, and so on. Or, if it’s late at night, just means I can go to bed a little earlier. In the grand scheme of life, it’s no big deal.

the spot on my body where they kicked me

Soloable pre-120 dungeons, please!