What spells got removed?

I dont remember the original cataclysm. I hate when spells get removed like in the modern game a bunch of em r gone. I know a lot of spells got moved back to higher level if your low level in cataclsym.

Can anyone tell me what spells they know got removed in cataclsym?

Thats a pretty broad question considering how drastic the talent changes were. I don’t know all the classes and for pally alone Judgement of light/wisdom/justice are just “judgement” now. Seal of command gets blended in with righteousness, sacred shield is now a passive talent, so that’s incredibly difficult to answer properly. If you mean warriors exclusively I’d be looking up videos.

5 Likes

Thank u for that buddy i appreciate that thats some info. And that makes sense.

Can some more people help me out and tell me? For shaman, warlock, mage, warrior, hunter, priest death knight

It feels like a lot.

Started leveling a mage and the spell books are empty.

Things are much more spaced out atleast for Mages.

1 Like

The biggest thing that happens is merging spells together (Paladins have Blessing of Might and Wisdom merged for example) and buffs being trimmed down or modified to be similar to other class buffs. (Buffs in general saw changes to discourage teams rejecting applicants solely over their class pick since a lot of the buffs were brought by multiple sources now)

Yeah you know what thats the thing. I have a low level mage and felt this same way because they pushed a lot of the spells back. But im wondering did they actually REMOVE a bunch

1 Like

Warlock didn’t lose much. We lost Fel Domination but it’s been replaced by soulburn: pet summon and/or demonic rebirth. We lost some niche or flavor abilities like drain mana and detect invisibility, but overall we gained much more than we lost and the class design is really good.

1 Like

aha thank you for this answer perfect. they did remove flavor moves like drain mana and lesser invisibility which actually they shouldnt have. i love extra moves just removing sh just to remove sh

1 Like

Well mana drains in general are just pretty obsolete since mana is not as crucial as it is in earlier expansions, most casters can barely go OOM anymore. losing detect invisibility kinda sucks I agree, it was a nice trash buff and useful vs mages and succubus pets. At least we still have nice flavor abilities like underwater breathing and eye of kilrogg and overall the class has more buttons to press than it did in wrath

How could you forget we lost Divine Intervention :cry:

1 Like

Volley is gone.

3 Likes

Thanks. Interesting you said up there we got more moves to push warlock. Anyone else feel this way?

Corpse Explosion,

my heart still aches for that spellđź’”

2 Likes

Thats interesting that kinda sucks. Sounds like from what you said it wasnt a lot removed from dk thankfully. U think DK gained more spells? Im sure they got a couple

They got the best spell in the game, dark simulacrum.

1 Like

Anyone else got answers?

depends on the class and spec…pretty broad question

was eyes of the beast removed in cata?

For a broad answer, I’d say that most of what Cata removed or changed was to clean up the vestiges of old Vanilla spells that had become obsolete or outdated as the expansions progressed.

All changes can be found on this website under the second section:
https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/762324-List-of-removed-content

1 Like