What should i buy next?

building comp so far i purchased the case which is a Super full ATX. so it can pretty much fit w.e. i was looking at GPU’s but the ones i wanted are pretty much out of stock. there is only 1 local store here that MAY… carry them in stock BUT… idk if they are in stock and idk how much they’d even charge for um.

still don’t know what kinda mobo im looking to get but CPU wise i have a general idea. so i am wondering atm what should i be looking to buy in order now because idk when the gpu’s will restock

Well it all really depends on your budget and what your want to do with it

about $4kish

not including the case which was about $600. im mostly worried about the gpu and cpu though those are the pricey stuff. all the newer ones seem to be out of stock so im just kinda lost at where i should start now i mean idk how long it will take until restocked but i have maybe 2-3 months before i get all the parts.

i have the money just dont want to xfer my funds or touch it to build a comp. need it for bills and all that.

Since video cards are in such short supply right now, if you have a chance to buy the one you want you should grab it.

1 Like

they are all out of stock. the cpu’s i can find just gotta save up for thats why im kinda hesitant to buy either cause idk when the gpu’s will be in stock.

i mean i could buy the mobo and sit on it until the gpu’s are in stock but idk when that will be. the mobo not too worried about, everything else pretty much in stock other then the gpu thats why.

my current build i built cheaply so no issues with the parts i just don’t want to buy cheaper parts then upgrade down the line again. for me its like a one and done cause im saving up for a new car as well can’t be constantly upgrading my pc. car gonna cost me a ton of money alone $10-20k then another $20k in parts to fix up. ( 60’s-70’s muscle car plan to build it for drag racing down the line over many years )

Just get the first 6800xt/3080 you can find in stock and not scalped

get a 5900x

i was looking at the threadrippers would those be worth it or pretty much overkill? i think 2nd gen one i was looking at was like 1.4/5k

but yea i was also looking at 3080’s and even 3090’s but all out of stock atm.

for gaming and any normal people stuff the 5900x is the absolute most you’ll ever need

1 Like

oh yea the RX one i was looking at too sadly it out of stock :confused: but how long you think they will be out of stock for?

worth purchasing the cpu now and sitting on it until the gpu’s come back in stock?

Up to you. I think your chances of getting the cpu you want are much higher than the cpu.

Depending on what you have now will help determine what to do next

cpu is i-7 67000k 4ghz
gpu i believe is a gtx 970?

i mean if i buy the cpu now i still needa save up for the gpu and other stuff anyways so i’ll be sitting on the build for maybe a good 2 months at least. mostly just waiting for the gpu to restock

What case did you get that cost $600?

Just save up your money and don’t buy a mobo, CPU, RAM or GPU. By your timeline and when GPU are available, there will be new CPUs, new inventory, and new prices.

If you have money burning a hole in your pocket; you can get a new monitor now as prices are steady (chance they may go up) or a new cooler that will have future socket support if you decide to go with new Intel CPUs. Maybe keep an eye on power supply sales if needed although their prices are still kind of high.

2 Likes

Singed by cooler master himself

Gpu first, overclock cpu now

Obsidian 1000D.

it’s like around $500ish but cause of shipping costed me a little extra i think. i like the more simplistic yet big cases. mostly go big cause i want all that extra room to work and upgrades.

working on my car is the opposite. tons of parts crammed in a tight spot and it’s just HELL just to do the most simple stuff like changing my oil/oil filter. the way it is mounted in my car is dumb af. lol

Amazon if you can afford it or Apple

That thing is massive. Looks like it’s actually built to accommodate two computers, with support for an extra ITX system and even a second PSU

He’s an orc. Need a bigger case for those hulk hands.

I would have gone with a Corsair 4000D Airflow case… which I bought a few hours ago.