What’s the rp like here?

So, the rp. Anymore thoughts on the community here?

1 Like

We need help bringing it back to life. As you can see the Horde is split in two. We need your help reviving this realm. The Redwood Tribe abandoned us.

Honestly though, it’s pretty dead on the Horde side. If you want to rp go play Classic. They all went there. Alliance side looks to be fine though, they have weekly events.

3 Likes

Thelisto is not an alt of mine. I have no idea who they are, and no reason to hide behind an alt. I don’t need to answer a question that you and all others who have been present in the community (one you got kicked out of twice for those exact reasons) already know the answer to.

2 Likes

Sorry from Lohkawas (as I am trying to get Okwaho up to lvl 3 posting - Lohk lost his lvl 3 rights and despite 6 months of daily logging in to forums has not gotten it back.)

Redwood Tribes has not abandoned the server. Have been on a few times this past week, and will be at the Barge Bash! and continue to somehow write a newspaper twice a month on what is going on, on Emerald Dream!.. and since Classic started, I have still come to Tall Tales and Epic Fables with brand new stories, written just for ED.

There is always something planned!

1 Like

You say “those exact reasons” but list none, quit hiding, if you’re not gonna face the facts and actually provide evidence then why bother posting. And thanks to discord dms, some of those “exact reasons” are bs and a lot of people know it, and tell me it.

As for Redwood tribe, they really have left, if the bare minimum of activity is once or twice a month, and considered “active” then I’ve lost faith. Sure the paper is nice but the ingame, where it’s needed, is lacking. I don’t even remember the last time I saw a Redwood quality individual walking the streets.

Keep on abandoning your retail guilds tho, SSC will gladly give em a home.

1 Like

Second ban really was bs, wasnt it?

1 Like

What RP event has your guild put on lately? I see you recruiting for the guild but I have not seen any events listed or hosted by you or your guild?
Lets be honest 8.2.5 has not be exactly all that exciting… so I am waiting for 8.3 to come out.

Please stop calling out Redwood as the go-to-guild for RP on Emerald Dream. Show me a list RP events you are going to do for Emerald Dream that is not just bar night or for you.

Thank you,

Mokalyn

3 Likes

I mean, its kind of hard not to when the Redwood Tribe runs the community.

1 Like

Real talk though, as someone who usually watches from the sidelines, if Redwood Tribe is going to be the “leaders” of the rp community and even administrate the Horde Rp discord for the server, either take initiative or step out of the spot light if you don’t want to be the “go to guild”

1 Like

Redwood either attends open rp events on the server, or when we run something it is open to the server community to join in. There is only one event that Redwood runs that is only for members - the Rites of Passage.

Most other RP on the server is kept in individual guilds (at least those that have survived on ED)… until recently, with Blademasters of Durotar stepping up and having dueling/pvp events that are open.

Flarefang, who also has an alt in Redwood and plays both Classic and Retail, ran the “open” Horde Civil War event just a couple of weeks ago, and aside from that it is folks like Thelesia who is leading a lot of the planning for the cross-faction events… which Redwood took part in all of these last events, and will take part in Barge Bash and Hallow’s Eve.

And now that Senneca is back from a RL commitment, you have 3 amazing Goblin guilds going strong, and they are doing things in the open, as well.

Again, you are calling us out that we say we run the server, we have never said that. We just run open events on the server, and so it makes it seem like we have a presence when other guilds run a lot of things within their own guilds and make it harder to find “the RP”. I would love to be at more events so that I have more to write about and put in the Times… but it is like pulling teeth to get people to advertise what their guilds are doing!

As to the Horde RP Discord, which Galataea you just asked me for some assistance last night, and I believe it was handled within 5 minutes, Abrahof was given the lead of the discord when the last person stepped down, and had a lot to do with the work he had put in keeping the Old Forum Stickied posts up to date, such as what is an RPPVP server, and a listing of all the RP guilds… and for myself, I have run a lot of rp events for this server, helped the community by highlighting the positives on this discord and keeping people informed of whatever events are coming so that people looking for RP can find it.

There are 4 other peacekeepers, and none of them are in Redwood. And the Horde RP Discord is there to help guilds work together to promote RP on the server, and it has done so in the past, and still seems to be used to let people know when events are and to set up events between guilds.

but no matter what, the OP of this post, now has a lot to think about, and yes there is good and bad on Emerald Dream. If you find yourself in the good guilds, there is plenty to do here and to be a part of. And there are some great events coming up and people that are invested in those events. RP is on the upswing here and I hope you will give the server a chance.

3 Likes

Flarefang is actually in SSC and on classic is on alliance, try again, as for the peacekeepers it’s 3 people not 4, do the math. As for the goblin guilds the only one I’d bother recommending is Quickfuse since they’re actually active. As for the don’t make Redwood the prime go to guild as you list what you guys do off. Please continue so I have more to laugh at. Check your screenshots, the math, make sure your facts are straight before you list them off and make yourselves seem like god. As for rp being on the upswing it’s more dead then it was 2 months after AtBT came out. Take those rose tinted goggles off, you guys left this community to rot for classic and you damn well know it, 2-4 events a month isn’t activity nor is it filler it’s bs. Quit lying to people on the forums about how active and great this place is as it rots before you while you sit there playing classic.

1 Like

Well said. The reason people assume Redwood is the “Leaders of the RP community on ED” is not because they’ve appointed themselves as such, but because people have just assumed they were and tended to see them in that light because they’re the ones creating the content for the server. I think many people’s first experience or introduction to RP on this server is through a Redwood hosted event. I know mine was.

I appreciate the efforts they’ve put in over the past year or so to build the community and their overall sense of welcoming everyone. We at Swiftsilver Cartel are trying to continue that tradition, as other than our guild meetings and RP/PvP Campaign, all of our upcoming events will be open to the public

4 Likes

Flare has an alt in Redwood. It is a Zandalari Troll.

They have appointed themselves as the leaders.

Peacekeepers(The RP communities moderators) from Redwood Tribe are 3 out of 6 total. 1 has no faction/guild tags and does nothing(I was told he doesn’t even play anymore). One is an Alliance Spy. Other is from Orchid Hollow, a multi-factional neutral guild so I don’t count them as either faction.

Goblin Guilds are Quickfuse/Swiftsilver. If there is a third I have NEVER seen it.

Redwood is the prime go to guild because they run the rp community. No other Horde guild has representation in the Peacekeeper ranks. One of the Peacekeepers(A Redwood Peacekeeper, shocking) even has the rank of Joseph Stalin.

Rest is accurate. We could use more people hosting weekly events though. That isn’t on them but more so the lack of participation from all the other guilds.

Ah yes I forgot about Stalin, how’s the dictatorship rolling out looks at ed Oh yes… that’s right… Equal misery for all!

This is 100% true, everyone dropped retail for classic. Which is fine. But don’t pretend that ED is alive.

Joseph Stalin rank on the ED Classic Discord (the one we created for the grobbulus move) is known as “Fluffy Bunnies” and stopped that discord from getting wiped out when someone attempted to poggle it. That rank name is not hidden in the discord either and has the rights to create the auto roles and blacklisted words, etc.

Classic starting hit all of retail hard, not just ED… but because we have worked hard on Grobbulus starting up the guild and creating what we have on ED on Grob, we have had people coming from classic to retail to try out ED.

The other goblin I was mentioning is Scabber, who has been coming to every event I have been at, except for the Horde Civil War. Coming out to events builds RP.

Peacekeepers… alliance spy? or someone that has been creating cross-faction events, and two of them are alliance (one has an alt in redwood, but hasn’t played the toon in about 6 months), just as we have two of our peacekeepers in the Alliance RP discord - why? to help communicate when someone tries to poggle or any of those other nasty things happen in a discord and we have to lock down permissions to protect against x-rated material and stuff like that.

The good thing, now that our Retail guild is going strong, more Redwood’s are coming to ED… and I’m able to have more time here now, as well. And since I have never not done what I said I would do (unless work swamped me with a 60-70 hours work week), you will see me out at more events in coming weeks.

As for Flare, I was Rp’ing with Flare before he joined Soulshatter or Redwood, and to me he is one of the people that creates events that transcend what guild he is in… and that is in both classic and retail. That is the one part of my post where I did not explain well, what I truly meant. But Flare does what he does, regardless of what guild it is about, he does it to promote RP for everyone.

As to why you want to take the OP’s post and make it about Redwood having a retail guild, you are proving the point we are trying to make - “YOU” are making this about Redwood… we are trying to make it about the server getting better as a whole.

so please stop, - and if you want to come at me, you know where I am in discord.

1 Like

Offering my faster typing services for you all while you flame each other, 100k per 30 minutes, you can dictate to me in a Discord call and then I will send you your high-quality replies for you to copy and paste…!

Side-note, none of you can hold a candle to the light bulb that was Salty Shuku, THAT was true RP, when he left, the world got a lot darker…

5 Likes

YOU have the JOSEPH STALIN rank in the retail Rp discord. Nobody mentioned the Classic discord.

This is accurate.

Don’t call 1 person a guild. Call them as they are, one individual person.

That is fine, but three of the six Peacekeepers are from Redwood, one is an Alliance Spy(literally what the rank says), and the other one is just there to be there. Communication like that is perfectly fine, but do not say you don’t run the community when you obviously do. And why do they need to have the moderator rank? You don’t need to be a moderator to co-ordinate events. Leave the moderation for the Horde rp to Horde players who are level-headed, reasonable, and active. If co-ordinating cross faction events is grounds for the Peacekeeper rank, promote Thelesia. All that person does is co-ordinate cross faction events. I will give you a list of great people on the Horde-side that would be great Peacekeeper material if needed.

I’m on daily and I have only seen 1 Redwood member in the past month. His name is Lorteh.

Flarefang is amazing and is a good friend of mine. He does transcend whatever guild he is in. For both Classic and Retail. I 100% agree with this. He is a great person.

If you want to make it better start throwing out some polls in the Rp discords asking if people are willing to start hosting some events for the community. The more people that are willing to host events, the better.

I need to build my post count up.

I agree, Flarefang is an awesome dude, however you contradict yourself when you specifically stated he was in your guild, then attempted to clean up your mess with “transcends guilds” try not to trip on your on words hmmm?

As for the “Retail guild going stronk” that’s the biggest amount of BS any of you Redwood Quality individuals have ever spat out.

As to why I take the OP’s post and make it about Redwood, idk you ask me because you’re sitting there doing the same thing homie, once again, you trip on your own words.

“Make the server better as a whole.” As you all said come to classic and abandoned retail, nice try buddy but your actions and words do nothing but contradict themselves. You did more to ruin this community, both in classic propaganda and ignoring retail, then I ever could, I applaud you sir, you and your partners in Redwood are great masterminds.

Remember how they kicked you for camping a person in warmode? I heard from somebody that some Redwoods in Classic were camping Alliance players. Doubt they were kicked.