What Race would you LOVE for druid?

There are Nightborne druids in the Suramar already.

Devs have forgotten their own NPCs.

4 Likes

Really love the idea of gnome druids with baby animals lol.
And love undead with diseased animals forms
But would love mechagnome transformer :laughing:
There are many animal robots already in game

2 Likes

Vulpera druid <3 even if we dont get new forms im fine with the legion ones

4 Likes

Seconded. If druid were available to Vulpera, I may never play anything else.

3 Likes

undead dragon dude haha

You guys can have whatever you like after I get my MECHAGNOME druid…aka transformer!

2 Likes

This was my first thought! If they really embraced it as a counter-class race, it would be fun. But it would probably be very hard (i.e. changing Rejuvenation to Corpse Rot just for one race).

Llothien prowler for travel form.

Flying fox for flight form.

Honey badger.

1 Like

Dracthyr druids to me wouldn’t make much sense with their current racial setup. Maybe Drakenoids or whatever they’re called?

For me it would have to be Nightborne druids. Heck, there’s even two bosses in the Nighthold that back up this race/class combo. Star Augur quite literally throws stars at you and is a great example of how a NB druid using Glyph of Stars would look. All that’s needed is a proper unglyphed version of moonkin form and we’re all set!

Also High Botanist Telarn makes a great case for NB Resto druids. I mean, just look at the man! He literally turned himself into an elf/tree hybrid because he loves his job so much! Plus he’s using Solar magic in one of his forms which strengthens the case for Balance druids even further.

Feral’s pretty much a no-brainer. Just have their cat form be based off the manasabers they use as mounts/hunting companions. Personally I’m a huge fan of this one because Nightborne manasabers are just so visually striking.

Now Guardian is where this idea starts to get really fun. Can you imagine getting mauled by a huge arcane-infused bear? Now that sounds like a cool concept to me. Also if Blizz came out with an Arcane version of the werebear form just like they did with the fel-infused version it would make me want to learn Guardian in a heartbeat.

2 Likes

hm so the cat and bear form should have wings…
and the flying form should be literally a dragon

Hard agree on Blood Elf Druids. I’d have loved if we could embody a more Eastern-Kingdom-esque Silvan Elf appearance, whether as High Elves on the Alliance or Blood Elves on the Horde. We’ve already seen a “subversion” or rather a lore stretch to allow for different race/class combo explanations. Zandalari Druids work via the Loa, and Kul Tirans through Drust magic (basically undead Druidism). Blood Elves could be related naturally through fel/arcane/light although I understand it’s not as thematically close, but I just think it’d be nice to play as visually. Another option is Nightborne, as we’ve actually seen such NPCs and had Druidic appearances whilst questing through Suramar in Legion. Void Elves would be equally (if not even more) cool, and would allow the Alliance High/Half Elven Druid option. If we’re already talking about other Elves, the Dracthyr visage forms could make for an Alliance Half Elf race without much effort :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Undead >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Belf

I would throw money buckets at my screen for an undead druid with rotting/undead/corrupted forms.

8 Likes

Pandaren with celestial forms. I really feel like Blizzard missed a huge opportunity back when they released Pandaren in MoP.

Vulpera would be pretty fitting too.

2 Likes

Blood Elf …

1 Like

That’d get even weirder but i can dig it lol

If I could get a Void Elf Wearbear with void skins I would main druid in a heartbeat no matter how bad it got.

1 Like

I have been BEGGING for vulpera druids. And for alliance maybe draenei or dwarf, idk.

3 Likes

Pandaren i’d race change in a heartbeat

1 Like

Gnome with kitten and cub forms.