What people don't understand is

Thats strange since they have no rules in the game at all for that. Not one rule in 15 years until it was a “problem” in classic. Hell you could go pay to get just about any boost in the game right now on live.

Player power leveling has also been around in just about every MMO. Including vanilla.

Well apperntly they left that one part of the TOS that says they can ban me for any or no reason :stuck_out_tongue:

how is it strange that blizzard would side with the majority of it’s player base that believe excessive instance resetting is bad for gold inflation and damaging to the economy? it also reduces extreme automated bot farming abuse, something everyone claims to hate.

It would seem that the ACTUAL majority is comming out against the idea that all players should be puinished for what botters and Boosters are doing. Based on the now nearly 2k responses to that post that seem to mostly say that this is a bad change.

Next you’ll be touting the successes of Apple in protecting their OS from viruses in the early naughties.

yeah, just looking at reddit right now throws this lie right out the window.

I mean heck, people are pointing out that this exact change was literally an april fools joke back in actual vanilla. That’s what the current dev team/J. Allen Brack think of Classic. “You think you do but you don’t.” And he’s sure as heck making sure he’s right about that.

the damage is already done

1 Like

I dont understand the hate against boosting. Who cares if I boost my alts or friends? Why do you guys care so much?

Nah. They simply deleted the TOS, and now they do whatever they want.

I can understand why people dont like it. It makes the world less populated as people just buy power leveling. However, if people have gold and dont want to level thats there prerogative to me. Clearly they are making enough to spend on the service another player (hopefully real and not a bot) is offering them.

But in the end most people dont want other people to do things they feel is against- the spirit of the game. They have some loose idea that the community is ruined, when in reality they havent come to grips that most people playing the games are alts and the magic discovery and rapid growth of vanilla was a thing of its time. You cant have that fulfilling constant growth of people playing the game simply because there arent enough people to keep the servers growing

1 Like

People on these forums seem very concerned with how others play the game. There’s a crowd on here that opposes anything that goes against what they have loosely defined as “the classic experience”.

1 Like

What? That’s exactly the right every developer has, and when it comes to blocking or limiting unintended exploitative behavior, it’s usually for the players’ own good, whether they realize it or not.

1 Like

But, here’s the thing with people thinking this will kill boosting and make realms feel more populated. It won’t. Boosting isn’t going to stop.

Let’s say it does go down though and maybe the price goes up a bit. So fewer people buy boosts. Does that mean all those people are going to now suddenly start joining pug dungeons? Unlikely. A portion are going to fork over more gold and still get boosted. A portion of those people won’t level at all, leading to fewer 60s to fill end game dungeons or raids. Another portion will just solo quest or grind their way up. Then the last portion will actually join pug low level dungeons.

The bots will… continue to bot.

Couldn’t have said that better myself. Spot on.

1 Like

Yeah I’ve noticed and I just don’t understand this. It boggles my mind.

Correct, but it was mentioned, so I don’t think “Bots” is the -only- target, here.

They don’t really ban, just suspend. Or slaps on wrists. They’re a very forgiving company.

It’s not irrelevant.

I don’t know that much about the Retail system, but I’m not one to shy away from finding out. I’ll be happy to check the information and see for myself because I don’t like misinformation. I think a 110 can still roflmstomp any Dungeon (that is low level), as long as they themselves aren’t scaled down.

There’s a lot of factors as to why people do or don’t do dungeons. The fallback is using LFD which already puts a soft pause to spamming dungeons (the que). Not to mention a Desert Debuff, if you leave the group too early. (looking at you that scout for Rares and bounce, people!)

And Leveling. Still, my point still stands that Gold is kind of irrelevant, in Retail, hence why there’s not a large community spamming dungeons for it. That requires this cap.

This part made me lol…i see the same bots on my server since launch, reported by tons of people…still here. It’s a running joke that “x” player hasn’t been banned yet. IF…and i do mean IF…they ever do ban…taking 8 months to do it is inexcusable.

OK, I just logged into Retail to see, and 120s cannot solo Que, themselves to lower level dungeons. What they can do is be grouped with a low level friend. That friend ques them up for a low a level dungeon and low and behold, a 120 CAN join their low level friend, in the same Dungeon, scaling them down, into an LFD, of low level.

vocal minority, people who were making loads of real life cash off of selling boost gold are very, very invested in this change being reverted obviously

everyone else is just as sick of multibox boost sale spammers as they are of botters

1 Like

Yes, I agree. It’s not the greatest of change as it still does not address the bots (but I am willing to bet Blizzard has another set of plans to deal with those), but DOES address other issues as you have outlined.

A good start. :smiley:

Thanks.

ITS BAD 10 JED SCOUT RESETS IS 1/3RD OF YOUR DAILY DUNGEONS. its terrible