What people don't understand is

The limit isn’t just to address bots. Bots will be banned. It’s also to address RAMPANT boosting behaviours. It also targets manual, authentic EXTREME cases of gold farming that is leading to imbalances in the economy.

14 Likes

ive seen the same bots doing instances for several months now. they aren’t banning any of the botters dude. thats the thing. they have no right to tell us how to play the game the way we enjoy it.

3 Likes

This is potentially true, hinging on the meaning of “exploitative,” the wording used in the announcement.

Another possible meaning is RMT for boosts.

2 Likes

if they wanted to stop boosting then they would either destroy the xp having a single 60 in your group or they would fix pathing. they have done neither. ALL THIS FIX DOES IS FORCE BOTTERS TO ROTATE THEIR BOTS SO THAT THE BOTTING IS NOT SO PLAINLY OBVIOUS. Its a rediculous fix and its stupid af

2 Likes

Why does it include bwl and MC. What possible reason.

2 Likes

ZG is a raid instance and it’s probably way harder to recode it to not include them but include ZG

That’s the laziest crap I have ever heard.

1 Like

The entire change is some of the stupidest crap I’ve ever heard to be honestly

5 Likes

They literally track those raids with separate IDs and different timers. Clearly they can differentiate them. Too many bots in bwl I guess.

I’ll believe it when I see it.
I’ve reported bots 5 months ago that are still active.

So they’re allowed to change the game now?
And people can still farm 2k per day, how does this deters that?
This just screws over people while not touching bots, guess what bots have tons of accounts and their accounts have characters in different realms, at best this is a slight annoyance they just have to swap realms after the 30 are hit, on one account, while the other 20 are still going.

What YOU don’t understand is that players are the only ones getting hit by this, this was not done to fight gold farming, it was done to stop bots as they stated themselves.
Yet it does not deters bots at all.

Weird that Blizzard didn’t care about this at all when they created mega servers and layering…

2 Likes

Not just the bots, as they stated themselves:

“Exploitative” doesn’t always mean “Bots”.

In regards to Blizz’s solution, I agree. I don’t think it stopped whatever it was they were trying to stop.

it isn’t even built to deter botting at all. its built to deter how many bots are on a server at any given time. so instead of a botter botting 1 realm 24hrs a day they will now take shifts between 4 realms. its a vision thing. blizzard doesn’t want the botting to be so obviously happening but they refuse to lose the revenue from bot subs.

to them they are saying to the botters and gold farmers. “HEY, its cool to bot and stuff but you gotta spread it out”.

2 Likes

Exploitative means the people using hacks and flying all over the instance.
If they wanted to eliminate this “exploiting” that was in vanilla then they wouldn’t let people do it at all, mages can still get over 2.5k per day with this so it doesn’t change jack.

1 Like

Yes, IK what it means. Again, it doesn’t always “Bots”.

Precisely what I just said:

Bots have yet to be banned though. They where fly hacking when DM came out for the tribute buff, now their in ZG, and people have reported them but their still there, still flying like nothings wrong in the world.

the casual majority love this change, a tiny vocal minority are crying in every thread the day of the massive botting/boosting nerf

really makes ya think

2 Likes

they are doing so significantly less times a day than they were

a lot of people in my guild hate this idea because they have a lot to farm for raid prep and they don’t always have time to play in a day.

Lol the original thread post/like ratio was like 99.70 last time I checked.
If dislikes were still a thing it would’ve been drowned

1 Like