What % of players have over 1 million gold?

I have a little over 1.8m on this character and ~10m liquid gold across my account, with at least the same in assets.

Half of goblins are in the top 1%.

1 Like

With out transferring money from my other toon and only very rarely using the AH I sit around 10-25k gold

The only thing I buy is flasks and potions

I only need to pay for repairs

Gold is a dead currency

1 Like

I had a little over 5 million and bought the brutosaur. Made 400k after a month and bought a frog mount for 333k and I’m at 250k now.

1 Like

High IQ detected

1 Like

While I like this post and agree wholeheartedly, you can’t blame noobs who ask for help on how to actually sell properly on the AH and no one gives them advice. Of course they are gonna try a bunch of different methods to sell stuff and screw it all up. Lol. I was that guy once. Cause I asked for help from others and got the same response; it’s easy, go mine and herb and sell it. We all start somewhere.

For me I don’t mind dropping my prices a bit, but I won’t go past a threshold to undercut everyone by massive margins. Cause yeah, it screws things up.

1 Like

OMG YES.

One of my guild mates was just bragging about how he has a bunch of auctions up ( I think he said over 600) and when I looked he was selling at ridiculous prices >.<

I said “You know you’re going to end up getting most of those back”.

His response: “Eh, I always come back to my mail and have gold to collect.”

face palm

you’re doing it wrong…

2 Likes

This is me. Though to be fair I started Legion with around 4M split between two servers (1 A, 1 H) and since then I’ve made somewhat large purchases (bought BFA for my wife and I with gold, also have bought roughly 8 months of subscription time between her account and my own and also bought some mounts, including the 450k argus mount, and I’ve maintained my balance at about 5.5 M between both servers. I don’t really play the AH.

I HAVE skipped on buying consumables, gear, transmog and more importantly all the recolor mounts they added in 8.2.

Probably most players who played WoD. That’s mostly when blizz, and the players, screwed up the economy.

1 Like

I had 5M after WoD, but now maybe 1M.

I got 4.5 mil :slight_smile:

With one toon? Or all your toons combined?

Combined, I have several million, but I don’t have a single toon millionaire. But I got lots of toons… Most on a couple of servers.

Hmm. If that true, I feel better knowing I have 80k atm.
Most I had was 200k. Sold a rare battle pet start of BfA.

Since WoD was an empty shell, I levelled alts and garrisons so gold just rained down as long as I was a good little bunny and logged in nearly every day.

Since then, just playing the game keeps adding to that pile since I rarely find anything in the game I’d spend gold on.

No 500k warframe mounts, two million gold spiders or five million gold dinosaurs for me. I tend to find the game boring enough these days, but playing the AH makes the game look exciting.

1 Like

Yeah, to be honest most the friends I know are ALWAYS strapped for gold and end up blowing cash on WoW tokens just to fund their normal play experience of M+ runs and such.

I just hit 1M gold recently, though I bought a token when I came back in Dec and also got lucky and sold a BoE for 300k.

Most of the people in my guild talk about being broke, and I don’t know anyone else who has 1M but I haven’t asked. I suspect maybe one or two might, so make that 3 out of ~100 active lv 120s?

1 Like

I agree, and i was there once upon a time. At the same time, the simple answer that i always give to folks who want to learn how to play the AH is google and youtube are your friends. They are a literal gold MINE on how to do things. Beyond that though it does take some thought beyond shotgunning the AH with stuff.

This is a crucial point. I think folks get stuck in this mode of i have this thing for sale therefor i MUST put it on the AH for sale…and that is part of the discipline of knowing (or even making more money if you play it right) when to sell or even when possibly to be a buyer, especially in thinly traded items.

Lastly i would say besides Youtube and Google, there are some great addons that help a lot but are not necessary to make millions of gold, for instance i do not use TSM personally and i know it could help with my gold velocity but i find it to be a bit of a hastel and i make plenty without it. Also doing a bit of studying in the Undermine Journal will help as well, knowing server specific information can help make even more gold.

The reality with gold making is that knowledge is power.

This i love, it is a total opportunity to make easy gold…that’s what alts are for.

1 Like

average player not character.

also, from paragon chests im around 40k (spent most of what this character had out bidding someone for the pinata on the BMAH)

Came into this expansion with 7.2 million from legion. Up to 8.6 now, gold making is slower but its still more income than expenses

If ppl didn’t make more than 1M during the legion mission table atm then they were asleep at the wheel.