What % of players have over 1 million gold?

I make an average of 150k a week, but I buy a gold token every other week; so roughly I make around 1 million gold every 2 months. I have no use for the Auction House mount as I rarely use the Auction House.

1 Like

in wod garrisons probably brought the average gold per player up to 300-500k with many many many having a few million if they played through the whole thing

legion mission tables and follower equipment brought me about 70/100k per week doing them casually on like 5 characters

bfa has since though added no passive income and since blood of sarg type transactions dont exist anymore potions have remained fairly expensive

i’d say the upper middle class prob has around 100-200k
the average casual/doesn’t care player prob has 20-40k
and the amount of people with 10+ million is more than mop but less than wod/legion

my wealthiest character at the moment has 229k. with info from titanpanel and altoholic addons, my account currently has 819k total across both factions

There are many people who lacks the gold to even “survive”. I have seen many people who cant even fly taxi “without thinking about the gold spent”.
That said, the amount of work to have 1 million gold since WoD is pretty easy. Might not be one day or two, but you can get easily a lot more than that in a month if you dont waste it in garbage. Even if you still do things, repairs and stuff.

1 Like

i was up to about 1.2 million not too long ago. then some really rare pets showed up on the BMAH
 TCG ones
 now im down to about 450k and i feel like im broke
 ill get back up there tho. i need to start hitting emissaries harder, but when there is a 2k gold one, i make sure to hit it on all 16 of my 120’s on the Horde.

I get good money from table, reps (reps from table even), WQ, running islands, and selling mats. It is fast to get good gold.
I admit since I got the legion hunter mount, and this set of transmog I use, I never spend a dime on these things, and I dont spend gold buying mats, enchants, etc.
I had the money to buy the brutossaur mount even, but I really thought
 “why ?”.
At the end of the day, what makes you have gold is not how to get it, but how you spend it.

On Alliance, yes.

I’d probably have more on Horde if I actually farmed stuff for Blacksmithing and sold them.

Ugh, yeah. I had no IRL money for my sub, so I had to waste all my Legion gold on Tokens

I’ve got over a million gold, I have made more since I’ve been making it a hobby to make gold. It’s one of the cool side games to play in wow.

1 Like

Maybe the only “having fun wrong” that blizzard did failed in blocking. LOL

1 Like

Well over that number. It’s not hard if you don’t really care about mounts and transmog. I don’t do tokens either.

1 Like

Legion made me around 25 Million ow how I miss it , now i am down to just over 5 million , making gold now if just to time consuming ,

1 Like

Played a game for another gaming company where after 5 years (3 of which I was disabled and couldn’t work) I had almost 700 million platinum. Then one day while farming I found a game bug, replicated it to make sure it was, turned it into the game developer and got suspended for 3 days and they took all my money to boot. Quit the game the same day my suspension ended because they refused to reverse the loss of credits. Stopped playing MMOs for 3 years after that incident and only recently started playing again. Because of that I refuse to farm anything anymore so maintain around 700g now.

I’ve only had as much as 500 K gold, which was also buying two tokens to make up the difference for the Warframe mount purchase.

I have no idea how someone would even have 1 million, all at the same time.

Seeing I don’t tend to buy the gold sink items and I don’t buy BoE (well maybe if I am leveling an alt and I need to fill a gap) my gold just stock piles. The only real expense I have is my repair bills. Last time I checked, I had about 3m across my various characters.

1 Like

1m gold isn’t really a 1% kinda deal. It’s actually rather expected of you if you played in the past two expansions and don’t throw your gold down wishing wells.

1 Like

What a tired, sad excuse.

lol. I couldn’t imagine you in 2.4.3 or 3.3.5, whew.

A 200 stack of Anchor Weed is currently @ 13,791 gold on Stormrage, Feb. 28th, 6:51 AM. With rank 3 Anchor Weed, in 1 hour you could quite literally get 400 easy.

Same lol,

I never did bother with crafting,

Gold I get were from mission tables, selling junk & unwanted gear and/or QWs that rewards gold

1 Like

I legit have like 1k gold right now

1 Like

I say less than 10% of the player base have that much
 just guessing. I have no idea.

1 Like

Sooo
you are a pot dealer?

2 Likes