What makes you happy about wow right now?

That its here. Sometimes real life sucks and I need a place where the only bad thing is if a mount doesn’t drop.

2 Likes

I like the Venthyr Ember Court. That’s been fun.

I still work on old achievements and such - achiev hunting is a blast. And I am highly considering getting back in to being a gold goblin, like I used to be. That was fun.

2 Likes

Do you mean be a legit goblin or work the AH ?

2 Likes

Being an AH baron. I made millions upon millions upon millions of gold, mainly during Legion, on one of the old high pop pvp servers. It was quite a bit of fun, finding my niches, hustling against the other actual human players who sold on the ah, and outwitting the ah bots. Buy low, farm things, craft things, sell at a profit while keeping it low for the players so they would want to buy.

1 Like

That’s cool and all but as much as a wow token is broken. If you calculate your hourly rate Vs how long you take to farm gold, in a sense it’s less time consuming to just grab one hour of overtime haha difference is free Vs not however.

1 Like

It has nothing to do with that lol. :slight_smile: Making gold in the game, is a game within the game. It’s the best way to describe it. Learning the ins and outs of the AH, finding a niche that isn’t over run (especially on a high pop server), knowing what times the big raid guilds start their pulls and listing pots/flasks/etc at that time, knowing rare tmogs and where to get them, listing consistently, having an army of crafting toons and knowing what to make on each of them - it’s a huge, whole other side of WoW that most people never think of.

When I started, the main reason I did it, was because I wanted the original spectral tiger and also the magic rooster egg. Both of those are tcg cards that are worth thousands (I think) now, irl. I bought both with gold (along with others), achieved my goal, so yay. But gold making as a mini game? That was a Lot of fun.

1 Like

Hahaha a lot of what you said, your right I never thought of it. In 2016 I was able to buy a spectral tiger card for about $600-700 now it’s 2021 and it’s 10grand. I got family members the spectral tiger as a Christmas present then they stopped playing the game all together…. Felt like a slap in the face. But yeah I’ll never get one myself now because like…. Hell naw I’m not spending 10k real money.

2 Likes

Yeah, the irl cost of them now is sky high. That is such a nice thing to do, buying that for family members for Xmas - awesome idea. But, dayamn, they stopped playing. Ouch.

I thought it was crazy back then, when they were like $500 or so. People talk about the brutosaur being a “whale” mount. Like, nah, lol. I literally bought the bruto on the first day of that expansion, and didn’t think twice about it - it was a chump change mount, compared to the tiger and rooster.

1 Like

The mage tower. I’m working on my book right now, and it feels great to have solo challenge I can work on when no one else is on.

2 Likes

I’m taking this time to level up a few alts in preparation for next expansion! I finally worked up a warlock, and now I’m getting my priest in top shape :heart: I also enjoy SoM as well

EDIT: I never realized how much fun it is to heal! I’m working wonders with holy priest right now

3 Likes

It takes a certain type of person to want to heal, I think. It’s an odd adjustment, at first, going from dps to healing. But if it suits you, you know it, lol.

2 Likes

I’m very happy for the direction that transmog and armor sets seem to be going, with the high level of detail and some of them that look like actual clothes like the leather set from Nathria my character is wearing at the time of this post.

1 Like

I dabbled in pally healing for the smallest time, but I didn’t really get into it too much. Something about the priest came easy to me, and I was just dungeon spamming with the same bear tank for hours last night. Never thought that’s where I’d go with my WoW play time, but a nice surprise, indeed!

2 Likes

I envy you, I wish I had that kind of mind. Prolly a math wiz too I bet. I suck at math. I am forced to buy a wow token now and then. You should charge people to teach them how to win at AH. 500 gold for 1 hour video hehe

3 Likes

Pushing m+. It’s the reason I play. I got 4 score tonight which is the first time in ages. Its been so hard to fond people to play with. Any alliance that wants to push keys hit me up in game or on here. This is my main.

2 Likes

Being able to post on these forums makes me happy.

No, I’m not kidding. There are a good number of folks on here who I genuinely enjoy seeing and responding to positively.

5 Likes

I really wish I could say a single thing that WoW does/has that makes me happy right now.

I am only playing because of FOMO, because if I don’t play right now, I will miss out on Mage Tower cosmetic rewards. Not to mention that if I don’t play, I will need to do catch up for 9.2, which sucks on so many different levels.

I’m happy it’s so bad that I don’t have fomo about not playing it!

1 Like

What makes me happy at this moment is the power to silent a whole committee,gl CC.

Lol, I have a STEM degree, and am now in insurance, so I suppose it does come with the territory, in a way. If you are good at organizing, things will fall naturally into place once you start learning the nitty gritty. It’s not just an overnight, one day of studying a guide, and boom - WoW tycoon. Start out slow, learn the markets, learn the server and it snowballs very easily from there.

I used to get whispers from people asking how I got such and such mount, and would get into conversations with people about how to make gold. Have an enchanter/tailor toon only? Farm old expansion cloth to make bags (because everyone needs those), and use current content cloth to make greens, disenchant, make enchants with those mats you just got, sell, profit. Very easy way to start out. Mining, skinning, herbing - those are easy too, but crafting was always where I made consistent bank.

I used to do rando giveaways of gold too, just because it was fun. I’d open trade, and give out anywhere from a couple hundred to thousands. It made me people happy, so it was fun to do.

1 Like