What makes you happy about wow right now?

As a 70+ year old senior with health issues and no grandchildren to spend time with, it’s cheap entertainment. I love the lore and after 16 years I’m still learning new things. Keeps my mind sharp. The only drawback is that I don’t do dungeons or raids cause I’m too slow and uncoordinated to keep up with the youngsters. However, there is enough content for me to be happy.

4 Likes

Me too Grumpage!

2 Likes

Classic is fun when the idiots in charge aren’t actively sabotaging it. I can’t wait for Wrath.

1 Like

That i currently don’t have to play it. I just stopped doing everything in WoW for the time being, and went to Overwatch cause of the Holiday event there. Also being able to play PS4 more often then banging my head on repeating everything in WoW. Korthia gets old on Alts. Mage Tower is ehh. I just stopped that headache. Plus the fact all my guildies went to FF14 and i was left alone in WoW so no more raiding :expressionless: , and i refuse to play FF14 since i just don’t enjoy it.

2 Likes

i’ve been really happy with using some of my old gear that’s been sitting in my bank forever. i miss lots of the cosmetics so much - so it feels special to bust them out again.

It feels great to have collected nice little things over the years, and feel really powerful in a game mode. I haven’t really explored timewalking with legacy items until this past week really - and i’ve been having a lot of fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just cancelled my FFXIV sub, I’ve only been playing since September, but it’s a lovely, peaceful game. Still, I had to choose, FFXIV or WoW, and I’ve been playing WoW since 2004, and have never unsubscribed.

I’m studying this year, and will need to be smart with my money, and my time, so two subs for two MMO’s will not work for me.

I loved WoW, and I suppose that, regardless of all the terrible things that have been uncovered recently, the leery men whom we’d admired, the awful story, the systems, and the two expac’s worth of disappointments we have had, I still love WoW, and I want it to succeed.

Just being able to log in and do what I want, there’s so much choice. :seedling:

2 Likes

Just focusing on my own story in my head with Rosenivy

Other than that it’s pretty funny watching Blizz just fail. All the time.

1 Like

The transmog for this expansion has been incredible.

The art team killed it! (In a good way!)

3 Likes

When I run low on potions my little owl assistant brings me more.

2 Likes

Mage Tower.

Not only was getting my own xmogs (and the monster energy bear) satisfying, it’s satisfying watching other people slowly make progress towards their own mage towers.

I’m active in the bear discord and it’s pretty satisfying when you give someone some tips or even just encouragement to not get tilted and then not too long after they psot a screenshot of kruul dying.

2 Likes

Its cute to sometimes just summon a steward so you can chill with some soothing doots

3 Likes

Lmao I love that you called it a monster energy bear. I might have to attempt to make an alt called that.

2 Likes

SoM. I’m having a blast these past few weeks with it. The quest xp boost was just enough to make it fun for me.

2 Likes

Well…after 1st boss in a 5 dos all left except the pally tank and so her and my mage proceeded to 2 man the 5 m+ key and we actually managed to 2 man it.

I made a new friend and it was fun :laughing:

3 Likes

good things about wow…

graphics
transmog
smoothness of gameplay
camera field of view seems just right
art
music
world builders do a good job
variety of character looks? is that a thing? for RP
big world to explore

there ya go

2 Likes

Ya know I was very fortunate that when I found out about the MT content it was during wow anniversary to give me an XP boost. If you have an alt army wait until your well rested bonus runs out then go to the next alt while leaving the other in a well rested area.

1 Like

well its all the options. for example, if i’m feeling old school, i go on season of mastery and do tried and true vanilla content. if i’m feeling nostalgic or in the mood to boost friends, i go on tbcc. if i feel like collecting, mogging, etc, i go retail. lotsa choices, this makes me happy

2 Likes

I’m going to be honest, mythic and raiding with guild is the only thing that’s making me feel happy about WoW. And speculating about the next expansion, other than that I’m not generally happy about anything else rn.

3 Likes

Logging off

2 Likes

That’s ok! I think wow should become a safe space for everyone to want to be honest instead of certain heavy criticism in game! I’m glad something makes ya happy and you feel like you can be honest. :slight_smile:

2 Likes