What makes the Trading Post a major feature?

Who cares about whether you think threads are exciting or not? No one except you.

Really? 25 raid bosses, 15 mythic+, walking shore line?..

I liked it. Neat little thing to work on for the month. It wasn’t s major patch feature, so there’s that. But it was at least interesting and, best of all, it’s an evergreen feature. We don’t get enough of those.

Since it’s purely cosmetic, it’s usable by everyone (even if some don’t want to or don’t care about cosmetics), something else this game doesn’t do enough of.

I dunno, I consider it a slam dunk feature. Even if the implementation could have gone smoother.

It’s an evergreen feature – it will continue to exist in the game past Dragonflight.

They can tweak it to include transmog or recipes no longer in the game. They could tweak it so it grants things that aren’t cosmetic per se but have a limited function in-game. For example – earning 50 enemy kills in War Mode gets you an item (weapon, trinket, stand-alone like the Net-o-Matic) with a fantastic buff that only works in War Mode.

If the S.E.L.F.I.E. camera was a major patch feature, so is the trading post. :wink:

Fair statement. I would say neither are. Software is usually versioned with {major}.{minor}.{revision}. Microsoft also adds another number for “build”, but that’s kinda unique-ish. So 10.0.07 = 10th major, 0th minor, and 7th revision. “Major content patches”, historically have rev’d the “minor” version. These usually include a new raid/zone etc. revision changes have been, historically, super minor stuff. Like selfie cam. Or the rewards overhaul at the end of shadowlands.

Well I can see where this is not a thing I am going to partake in. So much currency for things I do not do.
I have looked through the list of 43 things there are only 5 I will/can do
Complete 30 quests
Earn Reputation throughout the Dragon Isles
Harpoon a Fish with a Friend
Defeat 50 Dungeon Bosses
Show Some Love to the Trading Post
How are you supposed to do 10 crafting orders,? The things you need to have to make crafting items are ludicrous. I can barely make anything
How do you make 5000 gold in the AH? I guess first you need to use it, I have barely even looked at it. It is too hard to sell stuff, I even undercut it but still end up getting it back so I just vendor everything. I am stuck at 43 tailoring because it is so hard to get the materials to make anything and the stuff I can make is useless
Who the heck is zanzil and why would I take her poison?
What the heck is the buddy system and how do you climb?
What is a lunker and who the heck has 5 friends, oh I see you fish
not.
Dark moon faire, have not even looked at that since the first time during WoTLK.
A Hippogryph? Not even sure how to hatch one
Raids, mythics, world bosses/quests, and PVP things are totally out.
No idea how to even cross-faction a dungeon.

It’s really quite simple.

There have been very few new permanent ever-green features in wow. The last 2 major new features was transmog back in WoD (or was that legion?). Then it was mount equipment in BfA. I think that’s about it. Even dragon riding doesn’t qualify since there’s every indication that it will be promptly abandoned in next expac. Time will tell.

So this is only the 3rd? new ever-green content Blizz has introduced since WoD? That’s pretty sad.

you dont need to do those at all idk what ur talking about