What makes the Trading Post a major feature?

It would be unwise to go F2P. I will only sub to 1 game and classic requires a sub. If classic didn’t need a sub, I would prob sub to FFXIV. A lot may do the same thing. I don’t play FFXIV because I don’t want 2 subs.

The game showed no growth for DF only a decline.
Not sure why they would keep it sub based. Several MMORPGs are ahead of WoW now in population. FFXIV, Lost Ark, and GW2 all have way more activity then WoW.

source: just trust me bro

1 Like

Be thankful it’s in-game content and not Facebook integration or something.

2 Likes

It’s something new be happy unlike bg’s or any form of endgame.

1 Like

I doubt this. The Renown grind is already doing casual things , such as quest lines and world quests, to get passive benefit aka increasing Renown, which in turn gives all kinds of rewards. So no… what the Trading Post does is not that revolutionary. (the trolling comment was for someone else not you, sorry)

A new battleground would be much more exciting than additional dailies.

i didnt say it was revolutionary, either.
i said it was something new to the game. people have been asking/wanting for this kind of feature for years.

Since Wrath. They haven’t reported sub numbers in nearly 10 years.

You’re not really helping your case…

Game needed to go F2P in WoD.

1 Like

I just doubt this because the rewards could be put behind Renown… which is the same thing. You do casual content daily (quests) for passive rewards (renown) to choose the reward you want. Renown even includes cosmetics. So how is the Trading Post different than Renown?

The whole point of considering these things is we don’t want to set the bar of success that low for Blizzard. Dragonflight is great, yes, especially in comparison to the last 2 expansions, but if they think the Trading Post is as great as they’re making it out to be and we get overly excited for something so small, then their sights for continuing to do well remain alarmingly low.

While we’re at it, why should i care about oxygen? I mean, I cant see it. Youre telling me it matters but like, why?

There’s a difference between living/dying and a feature that does literally nothing that Renown doesn’t do. What a terrible analogy.

The analogy is that the OP knows the answer to the question theyve asked. Feigned ignorance to have an argument is too common on the forums.

1 Like

No I don’t know the answer. My guess is that it’s a forced overreaction from players because they’re used to getting nothing, except Dragonflight gave a lot so why reduce expectations back to Shadowlands quality stuff? Some people are just defending to defend. Others are involved with developing it and then there’s the people the feature was actually made for: investors. Other than all these things, I’m trying to understand how the hype isn’t bullcrap.

Well you could start by acknowledging your assumptions arent facts.

It’s a battle pass.

Don’t hurt yourself overthinking it.

Don’t battle passes cost real money? That’s usually the point of battle passes in games that don’t have a subscription.

What did I just say?

2 Likes

Whatever it is as long as i can ignore it and not be forced to do it to make my character stronger it’s fine with me.

2 Likes

If you don’t think cosmetic appearances aren’t cool, you’ve clearly aren’t playing an evoker/dracthyr!