What is your favorite ice cream?

Ben & Jerry’s triple caramel chunk.

It’s caramel ice cream, caramel swirls, and chocolate coated caramel chunks. I can’t find it outside of Ben & Jerry’s stores anymore.

1 Like

Wow! Ice cream is great!

My personal favorite, and it goes by a few different names depending on the location, is “Superman” ice cream! It’s a mixture of vanilla, blue raspberry, lemon, and cherry flavors! Wow!

Different locations have different takes, but it’s great, both in it’s unique look and taste!

2 Likes

Superman is my #2, and I’m specifically talking about Hershey’s, the cream of the crop of Superman flavors.

2 Likes

I like coffee ice cream.

Nothing wrong with a big booty.

1 Like

I like the regular old, mass produced chocolate and vanilla.

1 Like

My current favorite Strawberry Ice Cream is “Tillamook Oregon Strawberry.” It’s really good.

My favorite overall is probably a good black raspberry or dark cherry.

My favorite came as a surprise to me. Ordered a few pints of this and that from a local shop called Milk Jam and fell in love with Black. Only after ordering a couple more times did I read the fine print and discovered it wasn’t dairy! Not that I cared at all, it was just a bit of a shock that the creamiest ice cream…had no cream. Has the richest flavor and a dense, velvety texture like no other ice cream I’ve ever had.

Anything with gobs of caramel mixed in.
Black sesame.
Daquiri Ice + Rainbow + Wild n’Reckless at Baskin Robbins

1 Like

But what does black taste like?

Rocky Road.

I don’t think I have a favorite, but the best topping is marshmallow. Always. Fight me.

1 Like

Here’s a review of it that sums it up nicely. It’s like one of those 75% cocoa dark chocolate bars but instead of being brittle, dry, and lacking sweetness, it’s silky and just the perfect bittersweet balance of the most intense chocolate that’s best right out of the freezer so it’s icy cold.

1 Like

When I was a kid I used to get a scoop of bubblegum ice cream every time I went to the doctor. (I think it was the doctor? I don’t know what else I’d have gone to that often. Dentist?). Anyway, I’d get a coupon for a free scoop and I always got bubblegum.

2 Likes

Haagen-dahz,

Bailey’s Irish Cream or Dulce du Leche.

1 Like

Its just a really fun and happy and colourful icecream that just jumps out whenever you go over the window lol

Everything else is a lame brown or white!

1 Like

Do they still make it with the actual gumballs in it? It’s been a long time.

1 Like

I’m not sure actually, it’s been decades for me. I think i’ve seen it with m&ms though

1 Like
  1. Pistachio
  2. Spumoni
  3. Neapolitan
1 Like

Oh, on the subject of ice cream, if any of you are ever in the SF Bay Area, stop by a Loard’s Ice Cream parlor, if you can find one. Their ice cream is so good, but I swear they can’t seem to keep locations open. Not a lot of people go to old school ice cream parlors anymore. The Dusty Road sundae was my favorite.

Sadly, it’s been well over a decade since I’ve had some. I hope they’re still as good as they were. When I lived in Paradise, CA, before it burned down, I’d drive an hour to have a sundae at the one in Willows. When that one shut down I’d drive an hour and a half to the one in Lincoln. But that one went away too.

1 Like

By far, if you ask me, the best ice cream comes with some wonderful memories.

When I was a little boy, we made home-made ice cream on the farm. The men all stood around outside and would crank the container in the ice and salt around and around, and if you were the littlest kid, it was your job to sit on top of the crank to “help”. Once the task was complete and the ice cream was breaking the seal on the lid, it was transported to the women in the house and, if you were the littlest kid, it was your job to lick the beaters; the big blades that spun inside the container: the first in line, the best ice cream ever because you worked for it.

Since then, as I’ve gone through the latter days onto the twilight of my life, I’ve tried every kind of ice cream that I could find; in every state (Thomas Jefferson’s ice cream recipe at Mount Rushmore) to Scotland to Hong Kong to Costa Rica. And I have loved them all.

I grew up on Dairy Queen soft-serve when the water fountain outside had the coldest water you could imagine but today I can’t trust some sixteen-year-old kid cleaning that machine as the last job every night.

Having gone through all the ice creams listed so far in this 100-response thread, they are all good, but I find that I prefer simple vanilla ice cream with my own arsenal of chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, root beer, coca-cola or even simple milk in a glass with two scoops.

The key, I think, is that last taste the lingers on after you are done.

Ice Cream Lovers, I salute you!

2 Likes