? What is this?

who said bait? it’s fishing season.

You sound like one of them rather than one of us, if that makes any sense.

Yet I actually know what I’m doing and you don’t.

Keep in mind I’m fluent in Comparativese language. When I say our utility is the worst, that’s not saying it isn’t solid as you’ve said. We just have the worst solid utility. That literally means every other class has better stuff. You’ll notice that the more you read my comments that I’m always talking about the comparative. It doesn’t always matter if your class is good or bad, it matters if it’s the best, better than some, worst, or worse than some.

Right now, on the record I will say that this is the best post-Leg version of Hunter I’ve played yet. But that doesn’t mean it’s better than other classes or is the best. I’m more than satisfied to keep maining Hunter now, and as one who has mained it in BFA I must have dangerously low standards.

You’re making a pitch to me, for me to “do things your way”, but I’m not buying. I’ve had people whisper to me that I could be ambitious if I applied myself in rated PvP instead of ganking people in the cities when they should have been happy that I was trying to keep the dream alive and make WPvP interesting by bringing it.

Things that didn’t happen for $200

It has happened. People don’t look highly upon WPvP because there is no rewards. It doesn’t improve your gear. At best, WPvP is something you do when you’re bored. But in their saline moments, you can bet that the ganked will check my armory and give me criticisms about how I’m trash…

The same people who got laid flat in the cobblestones of Stormwind in their own Godfather story.

Keep believing that be if it makes you feel better.

Heh. Welcome to the true underworld of WoW? You don’t have an alternative besides taking my word for it when there are few if any achievements that show what I really do.

I’m like Heath Ledger’s Joker. I may be a nobody, but I can do some magic tricks…

More like delusional WoW.

Delusional is more like it

You may yet leave rated PvP behind someday. When TBC was Retail I dabbled in Arena and BG. I was a core raider most of the time. It’s not like I WPvPed all my WoW life. There was a time when I followed the crowd(friends) before I realized I can just do my own thing.

I’ve had people telling me I’d be good in rated PvP too, but I’m not going to pretend world PvP and random BGs are comparable skill sets to rated PvP.

This is insanely false, all the hunter specs are good in all the rated brackets. MM specifically excels in rated bgs with its ability to snipe people in team fights and is good in arena comps that enable its huge burst setups.

We’ll never know when skill is quantified by achievements and higher gear: two things WPvP does not offer. Because that’s always the refrain: if you don’t have those things you don’t rate.

And I will utterly hate the hypocrisy in the community if Blizz ever awards those things to WPvPers. People will instantly forget that there were people who devoted to WPvP full time and all the ignored apologetics they gave for it.

That’s the biggest problem I have with your argument, Bepples. You think that skill comes with a quantification that is recognized by the devs. It’s worse than that when having said quantification is more important than the skill required to get it. It’s all because I have Daddy’s credit card and it’s all because I found the right club.

I’m a gamer first and a politician second, by gum.

So, in other words, it excels in battleground situations i.e. what the post said?

Is this just you trying to be contrarian again?

I guess

Counts as a bg situation?

Is this you not being able to read while trying to speak on things you know nothing about again?

I would say the specs that excel are the two other specs that have about 2-4x the representation in 2v2 and 3v3.

I would say id rather take pvp advice from a rock then you. How about I tell you about how to down a mythic boss I’ve never stepped a foot in.

2 Likes

Reminder that this isn’t the first thread you’ve derailed with contrarian nonsense.

Do you disagree that BM and SV are much better arena specs than MM?

Ya I do, they have different ways of doing the same thing, immense damage (mm is burst, while BM and surv is more sustained) with good control over enemy healers.

You speaking on this while not knowing anything about how it works is derailing this thread with contrarion nonsense.

3 Likes

Yet BM and SV are substantially more represented than MM.

Remember the original point was that most of the forum complaining is about MM even though in rated PvP BM and SV are by and large the prominent specs. So yes you are in fact derailing.