What is the Most Beautiful Place 🌼 in Classic WoW? (For Epic Screenshots)

My top 3 choices would be:

1. Caverns of Time
  2. Karazhan (Medivh’s Tower)
  3. Undercity / Lordaeron

Definitely love the Caverns of Time more than other locations in Classic.
The moving asteroids and planets - and the whole space and time theme in general - is super cool!
Maybe i am just a hippie, but I really love that place! :slight_smile:

What places are your top 3?

Where would you recommend to take a good screenshot?

P.S. If you’re interested, here is the easiest way to get to the Caverns of TIme:

1 Like

Elwyn forest. It’s so peaceful and leads to west fall which is another great zone.

Alliance has all the best zones.

15 Likes
  1. Mulgore, by Stonebull lake.
  2. Silverpine Forest, on the northern coast by the shipwreck.
  3. Dun Morogh, outside ironforge where you can see the high windows of the city in the mountains
  4. Close 4th: Thelsamar and the Stoutlager Inn. It’s just my favorite place in the game and when I’m RP-ing that’s where my hearthstone is always set.
7 Likes

I was thinking about Thelsamar and Mulgore - very beautiful locations, but the quests are so annoying in both zones! :slight_smile:

I totally agree!

This forum

4 Likes

Northern parts of Winterspring were always my favorite.

8 Likes

Right next to Mankriks Wife.

7 Likes

There’s a place in Feralas with a quest that sends you to the very tip-top of this column. Absolutely beautiful view.

Coming down from Tanaris into Un’Goro, when you hit that point where everything has gone deep green.

Winterspring. The snow there is much prettier than Dun Morogh.

4 Likes

BRD beautiful place

1 Like

Hinterlands, out the backdoor of the cave on top of Jintha’alor at sunset. The sky in the hinterlands turns blood red, and you can see the giant tree where the dream portal dragon spawns. It’s pretty cool.

3 Likes

Always be Elywnn Forest, the music the quests the theme, just 100% beauty!!! I love it. I know it’s never really changed in retail, just heavily nerfed, but I still love that zone to death.

Westfall, Loch modan.

1 Like

Ashenvale, no question

5 Likes

I agree with Ashenvale, the music is also great.

4 Likes

Desolace :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

On a serious note …

• A lot of the night elf zones are very good on the eyes, teldrassil is pretty gorgeous you can tell a lot of work was put into that.
  • I’ve always loved Elwynn Forest. Something about the visuals of the trees does it for me.
  • Shimmering flats with its reflective surface makes for really cool distance views
  • Feralas has some great geography, but no particularly unique features. The views by the dock can be cool.
  • Westfall has some peaceful feudal landscapes
  • Loch Modan = great landscape combined with architecture. Dun Morogh is basically the winter version of Loch Modan.
  • Mulgore with thunderbluff in the background is pretty cool. Thousand needles has cool features that are similar, but the color palate is too monotone.
  • Stonetalon Mountains has some really cool views; the view across the lake to the scaffolding is fairly epic. Sad that the quest there is super forgettable.
  • Blackrock Mountain, without a doubt, very picture worthy.
  • STV can be pretty, but the problem I have with the visuals is that the trees obstruct too much and there isn’t much high ground for a good vantage. South/Southeast STV is pretty great though, around the beaches and islands. Booty Bay itself is legendary.
  • Hinterlands seems like it should be more scenic than it turned out to be … however the views down by the troll village can be spectacular.
  • Arathi Basin shipwrecks … AMAZING SUPER underrated visuals down there that too few ever get around to seeing. I bet a lot of players still dont even know its there.
  • Ironforge is definitely the most epic looking city.
  • View from the entrance into Orgrimmar with that music playing for the first time = great moment.

Overall Alliance definitely has the most eye-candy for zones when it comes to being picturesque.

I think my one complaint about the visuals in the game is that way too much gets frequently obstructed by trees that all seem to be about the same height for no logical reason. The polygons blocking distances is so pervasive across too many zones.

3 Likes

my fav is moonglade and a high angle view to just get the water some grass on the side and maybe some mountains with a high enough view distance but ideally just the water and grass where you’re standing. (fishing) also got some really nice ambience music.

1 Like

Okay but where is Mankrik’s wife?

2 Likes

That is the million gold question isnt it?

2 Likes

Wheres that?

2 Likes

She’s on the cow level. Did you skip that level?

3 Likes