What is the last Boost you paid?

in SOM Classic , i paid 2g for a VanCleef kill and you ?

• Are you the type of player who pay boost for a M+15 ( for the gear ) on a new char , leveling or litteraly KSM / Glad PVP / Mythic raid carry ?

Of course , don’t be afraid , no one is going to judge you !

Level boost.

I earn my gear.

And, yeah, this isn’t my main.

Still, rather funny that boosting in game is still a bad overall idea: it cheapens the experience by bypassing the skills earned and learned to feel like the gear is worth it after.

3 Likes

WOD for the Moose mount. 10k gold, even bonus rolled a Cat’s Edge. It was a good day. It’s actually crazy how cheap it was considering how much gold WoD threw at you.

Luckily the guild I’m currently in would be formed shortly after and I wouldn’t need to buy any boost ever again.

6 Likes

Never.

I’m not going to pay someone else to play the game for me.

27 Likes

I’m not exactly sure what the true definition of a boost is. I did buy the BfA void dragon but is buying a cosmetic item considered boosting? Well if it is, that’s the last time I bought one.

1 Like

I never boosted and it doesn’t cheapen my experience as a former serious progression raider. I don’t care what others do. It doesn’t affect how I feel about how I play the game and who I play it with. My guild accomplished difficult content back then. We’re proud of that, we had a great experience.

If others have their own great experience by buying their gear, then so be it. I’m not going to dictate how they should or should not feel about that.

11 Likes

If I want something, I’m gonna earn it, not ride someone shirt tails to get it. It’s more satisfying to me knowing I can do the content then getting a achievement or gear because I paid a bit of gold for it.

4 Likes

Only time I paid for carries was in MoP to get some of the Heirlooms that dropped from Garrosh in Siege of Orgrimmar.

2 Likes

5 posts and still no M+15 carry hmmm sus :smirk:

We saved our lockouts for that and I still didn’t get all of the ones I wanted. QQ

Those should’ve never been removed.

2 Likes

I did complete jack during BfA, so I just paid for the AOTC Voidwing. 125k gold.
It goes to show how bad BfA was when I actually was motivated to EARN my AOTC back in Legion. :-/
In all honesty, I will probably get another AOTC carry this expansion, too.

1 Like

as someone that ran stockade boosts in classic, I can confidently say that they’re a waste of gold and I will never buy one.

running them, oh man, you can make crazy money from people being lazy.

2 Likes

Pre-order of WoD let me boost a toon to 90 but I was so disconnected from that toon that I deleted it before Legion.

2 Likes

paid some guildies to run a new toon through a +15 in bfa

1 Like

zg boost in classic

1 Like

but imagine you are doing +25 keys on your main , and you start a new char lvl 60 with no gear , some people just want to get good gear fast so they buy a +15 carry for the vault

2 Likes

(laughs hysterically)

Actually, I’ve paid gold for two boosts - in Legion and in BFA cuz I wanted the AOTC mounts. That’s it. I made no claim about being good or better than average or anything else cuz well, I just wanted the shiny flappy things to ride around on.

:cookie:

4 Likes

Doesn’t bother me, That’s them. If roll a new character and get them to 60, I’d like to have an idea on what I am doing as it’s gonna be a different class. Why would I need good gear fast? I don’t play competitively. I am as casual as you can get, plus I got friends that will run with me if I need something. Don’t need to pay for anything.

The last Boost I paid was

Now I pay

:grin:

2 Likes

Only ‘boosts’ I’ve ever had were people giving out free runs for the WoD moose and the BfA void dragon.

1 Like