What is the Horde symbol supposed to be?

I have several theories.

1. The symbol is a Naaru the ancient Shamans of Draenor found and they decided to use it as their symbol.
  2. The eye of Ner’zul.
  3. This one is my favorite. A toilet seat. (This one is an obvious joke, disregard. :stuck_out_tongue: )
6 Likes

It’s the zone Azshara.

2 Likes

omg… I can never unsee it now. lol

4 Likes

The zone Azshara was terraformed by Goblins to look like that as tribute to Garrosh.

8 Likes

It’s either the Orcish symbol for clan or army, or it’s a scorpion claw.

3 Likes

Considering the Alliance mount from guild vendors is a Lion, a Scorpion claw would be fitting.

1 Like

I could have sworn it was always that horse foot shape… meh, whatevs. Looks like a horse foot to me.

IIRC it is literally the Orc rune for Horde.

3 Likes

thats what it used to look like before Cata.

5 Likes

It’s the orc symbol/rune for “Tribe”
ttps://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/2272829-Where-does-the-Horde-symbol-come-from

Don’t forget the H

1 Like

I believe I sat in some mud and my backside made that symbol. So you’re welcome Horde.

4 Likes

In the cinematic for WoD, there’s a rock formation that resembles it. I assumed it’s where they held their tribal meetings.

To put in urls that people can copy+paste without it saying “you can’t post that”, put `` or ``` before and after it.

Edit: Those aren’t apostrophes.

I always thought it was just a stylized shield, with the typical orcish spikes.

Reddit will love you if you post your 3rd point.

Hmm on second thought maybe not

I figured an ancient orc beat something/one to death and found the resulting blood splatter to be particularly “catchy”.

It is a Toilet Seat with Spikes. Nothing more, nothing less.

2 Likes

SARGERAS vs GROM MAKGORA CONFIRMED

1 Like

I was pretty sure we’d covered this earlier in the year : )

Maybe even earlier:

It resembles a chaos rune that Malagor the Dark Omen has drawed in his hood, in his forehead. It’s from a character from Warhammer fantasy battle. A beastman. It’s where blizz took inspiration to create taurens.

1 Like