What is the drop rate for worldvein intelligence reports?

I got one this morning, I need 3, and I don’t want to blindly run island expeditions if it is locked behind a weekly drop rate or something else.

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

There is zero information anywhere, in the quest itself or online. I want to plan my playtime around information not doing activities that will not help me achieve what I am after.

1 Like

I’m sorry, Morgueart, but even if that information was available to our Support staff, we wouldn’t be able to provide it. It is considered a game hint. If you are looking for drop rates there are a number of third parties who tend to collect and calculate that data. I’d start with Wowhead, but the content might still be a little new for them to have much yet since it the information is often based on information players provide.

3 Likes

second guessed myself again.

I’m sorry that you will not help.

How is a drop rate a game hint? In this case it could mean wasting time for an entire month or more. Should it not be included in the quest itself?

3 Likes

I am happy to help by directing you to seek advice from your fellow players. I cannot provide the details you are looking for, there is a difference.

It is information about the game that is not otherwise publicly available, the prime definition of a game hint.

Such information has not before. In most aspects of this game, and many other in this genre, the player is expected to figure a lot of game play out for themselves. They can either figure out the information themselves by personal experience or they can look to their fellow players, gather and compare notes, and help each other out.

That said, if you feel such information should be included in the quest description, you’ll can submit your suggestion via the option in the in-game help menu or by posting in the Quest forum, where our Devs can take it into consideration.

9 Likes

Okie doke. I disagree however my opinion isn’t what matters here. Thanks for letting me know.

My sub expires this eve and I was trying to determine if it is worth it to me to continue to play.

7 Likes

Best of luck in your future gaming adventures.

6 Likes

it’s gated behind the weekly island reward. so you can only get 1 per week.

11 Likes

I got mine from the weekly quest, so I would expect to be a drop from it.

1 Like

With all due respect, I’ve seen you give hints loads of times. Not saying you ought to be helping this guy with a hint, just that I seen you do it in the past. Just sayin’…

(No offense intended here at all. Just an observation. Please don’t ban me).

3 Likes

Yes and no. I often am able to provide direction, but there is a limit to what kind of information I can provide. I often will let someone know what quest they need to do in order to progress, or if another questline is causing some phasing issue, etc… How a particular drop works and/or the drop rates associated with it? Absolutely not.

If you want that, try @WarcraftDevs on twitter.

7 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

It’s not like this is new, to WoW or video games, or even business. Though games, particularly, are designed so that you figure out things on your own. Drop chance of items it one of those things. Players are surprisingly quick to calculate drop rates though, so you really would be better off looking at Wowhead than trying the “i’ll take my business elsewhere” line.

15 Likes

What a silly reason to let your sub expire…

11 Likes

I bet next week when you finish your island expedition weekly, you get another one. Patience.

2 Likes

Hm, that looks misattributed. It’s not, it’s a funky forum thing. Still looks like I said that though.

1 Like

I agree, however the quest should say so as the potential for losing alot of time mis-planning your mission table and needlessly farming IEs.

The info is out there…found this on Icy Veins forum and site - indicated that it is only dropped during the weekly.

Now when I get the 3 pieces all I get is a mission for more azerite. Nothing to do with creating a rank 3 of this essence.

What a farce.

1 Like

that mission table mission is definitely not going to lead you to getting rank 3. might as well just not even do it.

1 Like