What is the deal with beta invites

Why do I have multiple friends that haven’t accomplished that much, that don’t stream and have been playing for years less than me WHO DIDNT EVEN OPT IN getting the beta access (some of who I recruit a friended 9 or so years ago) I’ve been playing the game for 10 years done more than my friends played more consistently, created youtube content and never once have I received beta access, 1 friend in particular who hasn’t done much and isn’t all too great at end game content has got it for the second time and he doesn’t even have interest in downloading or playing the beta, yet I opted for beta have accomplished plenty more over the years and have made viewer content, please @devs explain how you pick people for beta because I’ve been waiting since like cata for a beta invite

The process is largely random.

There’s no way someone got it if they didn’t actually opt in, though.

People seem to have this notion that Blizzard is hand-picking or slighting you. The reality is none of your achievements are all that amazing and they couldn’t even tell you the account names of 98% of the people in beta. It’s an automated process that they provide some criteria for.

3 Likes

WTB Line breaks Batman!!!

3 Likes

100% mate didn’t opt in he has 0 interest and has got it on his battlenet launcher

Because it’s not a meritocracy.

Yet you’re apparently supposed to opt for beta which I did and my mate didn’t yet he still got it , sense made? I think not

It’s random. lol

Some people in my discord who haven’t played WoW in 5+ years have received beta invites.

1 Like

I generally don’t like telling people about their own experiences, but I’ll make an exception just this once and say your friend probably did opt in and just forgot about it or they’re messing with you. Either way I’m sorry you didn’t get in, but if it’s any consolation, Shadowlands will be here very very soon anyway.

3 Likes

Sound the war horns, WE TAKE THE FIGHT FOR BETA TO THE FORUMS

also isnt this horn sound pretty dope? would sheet my pants irl if i felt the reverb i feels

I’m honestly surprised that activision hasn’t stepped in and tied beta to pre-purchases like they do with some of their call of duty games.

It’d be a change for the better.

3 Likes

110% didn’t even know there was an opt in dude clearly you’re the one messing with me cos the dudes pretty daft

They already have your loyal business, but the flaky friends need convincing.

Quick aside: your character look is awesome!

1 Like

No, it wouldn’t, because they did this once before.

They tied beta access to the MOP pre-purchase. And it was a mess.

hey now i liked that. got a mount a year of wow time AND diablo 3 on top of it. good times oh yea and beta access.

The issue was by guaranteeing beta access to every pre-order, they were may more occupied with trying to just keep the beta servers alive while they tried to pack everyone in.

I’ve beta tested twice in WoW, during Cataclysm it was relatively pain free, they didn’t give out a ton of keys and it was more manageable.

The MOP beta was the exact opposite, the sheer crush of people just randomly around not even trying to test made any attempts to get anything done almost impossible, server crashes compared to Cataclysm beta were like night and day. Complete disaster.

Tonight!! We dine in beta!!

1 Like

Who me? Why tyty

2 Likes

Legit if someone can find me a horn IRL that makes this deep a sound and travels this far I WANT IT or want to know how to make it.

Try warhammer company they probably do that sort of thing