What is the deal with beta invites

Where did you get the video. I’m sure a little searching and you’ll have it.

duno they just trying to sell the audio clip thats it and im not going to that site looks sus af

1 Like

I don’t know why but every time I read this thread title I do it in Jerry Seinfeld’s voice.

5 Likes

The process of Beta accesses is mostly automated so even if someone who hasn’t touched the touch the game in 5+ years and somehow got access I would get the frustration and I have met a similar thing in the beta with a person who hasn’t played the game since Wrath and got beta access for Shadowlands and thats almost the entire decade of not playing the game. Maybe there is some hand picked here and there must mostly the system is automated.

Also, The game is close to release anyways and characters and progress are bound to be deleted as soon as the game launches and the progress won’t transfer over so I wouldn’t waste that much time on it unless your interest is to send bug reports and send feedback.

I have seen this happen with Diablo lll giving away MoP beta, in hindsight it is nice deal, however it caused some issues internally and trying to keep the beta servers up while the large amount of people are flowing into the servers and pretty sure Blizzard regrets doing that, a beta while technically can be an Early Access but in reality it is not, you are playing a game with missing assets and other stuff that hasn’t been added or with things breaking alot.

I thought for the past few expansions there have been droves of people complaining they don’t listen to feedback or reports. So what’s the harm in letting people mess around in beta during the last few weeks prior to launch?

Pretty sure that was one of the main complaints about BFA. They didn’t listen to the beta testers. And people speculate all the time that beta is merely a marketing tool now given to streamers to drive up interests levels.

If that’s the case, I’m more interested in a new CoD or Halo game when I get a week of open beta access than watching videos on youtube.

I’ve been playing since 2005 and have never received a beta invite. It’s not some conspiracy against you. Unless you are a content creator it’s completely random. Don’t ever expect to get a beta invite, you will be disappointed.

1 Like

the sense in this, is that it’s important to get feedback from new and/or returning players.

release is in a few weeks, stop stressing over stuff which doesn’t matter.

Bro, I feel ya. I’ve waited patiently, I’ve tried asking nicely. I’ve tried making an absolute stink about it. I’ve tried pointing out that most of my raid group has beta access and have been able to work out a bunch of stuff for our initial endgame push, including what they’re leveling first, some raid strats. I’ve tried everything short of ritual sacrifice. No beta.

What my guild is learning on beta has even made some of them change thier minds about what to play at 60. And all I can do is sit in discord listening to them talk about it, getting more and more anxious about whether I’m going to have enough time after launch to be able to make an informed decision myself about that same thing.

PTR is worthless for that, since they way classes handle at 50 is obviously not indicative of how they will handle at 60 with what looks like a royal mess of subsystems.

Beta for testing purposes is largely irrelevant now this close to launch. I’ve missed my chance to make sure I can have a say in the way things work, and I’m honestly pretty salty about that. But when most of the rest of my team has access and can start working these things out for themselves, it is actually kinda difficult to not take it personally, even knowing the random nature of the selection system.

I’m going into SL launch hoping I’m picking something I’m going to want to stick with at 60, because I won’t have time to get a feel for it, decide it’s not a good fit, and then level something else if I want to keep up with my team once the gearing rush starts.

Yeah it’s frustrating. Very much so. I definitely feel you, OP.

1 Like

Its called random.

Y’know, Blizzard, random. They go together like…well, like randomness.

1 Like

I got into ALPHA. First day. And I’m a nobody. Doesn’t that make you upset? But if I saw this and I was a dev type? I’d kinda make sure you didn’t get a invite for acting so entitled for one. There ARE other games out there that do send beta invites to the veterans or preorder people or basically a first come first serve deal. But that doesn’t happen here unless you’re a big name streamer.

careful, you’ll start a table flipping chain-reaction

1 Like

Oh my goodness I feel old, look how young he was back then.

3 Likes

:fox_face:

No it wouldn’t, Blizzard tried that once with Mist. It was terrible, and something they said they weren’t likely to do again.

They also tied a preview to Classic a blizzcon ticket for a few days and many people enjoyed that.

Would love to see that again.

Edit: Nevermind, I should have checked the launcher because I got an invite today.

Because it’s random. Because it is NOT a reward for ANYTHING.

Where did you get the crazy idea that Beta was a reward? Not from Blizzard.

Beta is testing – it is NOT early access to a working product.

Beta bugs are NOT fixed immediately or given priority. If you are playing beta, you get NO support, and half the things you try to do won’t work. You’re there to test something, NOT to play something.

People who raid to test the raids out. People with different types of computers to ensure compatibility. And other criteria of course.

It’s pretty obvious dude, they secretly hate you but want you to figure it out yourself, you’re their emmanuel goldstein :sadge:

and like night and day, Cata was a terrible expansion and MoP was a pretty good expansion. more people testing and breaking things is good for a beta.

tho i do wish they would do more to make sure people coming in know what they are there for. Beta is NOT a free preview, you should be there doing stuff, trying to break stuff, trying to crash the servers, so that they can see how it happened and fix it. thats the one thing that aggrevates me when i get into beta’s or alpha’s, the people who talk about a bug and cry that the game is gonna suck because of such bug… this part wasnt directed at you Wild, just the first part about cata and mop.