What is the best m+ PUGGING healer? As a new player

I want to push +15. Don’t care past that. +18 and whatever is irrelevant to me.

As a newer player I am very curious what is the best pugging healer.

Holy Priest

Holy priest? At least it can heal people that make dumb mistakes. But people seem to hate holy priest so goodluck getting groups. In reality night fae +20% damage reduction night fae holy priest sounds like the best pugging healer to save mistakes.

Discipline Priest

-Disc priest isn’t because it cannot handle people standing in bad. And no, with pugs “forgetting to interrupt” and causing the group to get chunked for 60% of their HP from that “oopsie” that the healer is expected to just pick up-- no disc is NOT pug friendly.

Unless you want to tell me I’m wrong lolol.

Holy Paladin

-Holy paladin isn’t because it doesn’t have enough tools to handle people standing in bad either.

Resto Shaman

-Resto shaman isn’t because people don’t like stacking and makes chain heal useless.

Resto Druid

-Resto druid isn’t because it’s healing just is too weak and it wastes so many GCD “weaving” forms.
-Similar to disc has less abilities to pick up bad mistakes.

Memeweaver

-Certainly not MW monk, because it is MW monk.

In fact you probably expected me to forget this huh? Just like the developers obviously have.

what happened to your vulpera mage preheat?

2 Likes

If you want the best this season, your options are Resto Shaman, Holy Paladin, and Disc Priest. You’ll have the easiest time grouping on Shaman.

1 Like

Rsham has the most tools to help compensate for your teamates mistakes imo. But you need to be decent at it.

Hpal is probably the easiest since you can just immune bad stuff.

1 Like

I just feel dumb on those classes though.

Disc priest I tried last night and people forgot to interrupt stuff and it lead to brutal almost unmanagable damage coming out.

Resto shaman doesn’t feel like it has enough recovery tools either and pugs seem to love spreading out not standing in them which makes me nothing short of very bitter. It’s hard to recover from mistakes from what I’ve seen.

Holy paladin honestly seems decent but idk if it can recover from mistakes.

This is so stressful.

That’s interesting to hear honestly, and you are a resto sham right now so you would know :confused:
Maybe I should just do that then idk.

Is it able to pump more hp/s than holy priest? Even with new holy priest flash concentrations?

Rsham is all about CDs and CD management as you have a lot of them, if you manage them well you pump yeah, if you’re caught without them its a struggle to stay afloat.

Holy isn’t as constrained by CDs from what i can see (never played one). Probably has other weaknesses though.

1 Like

I thought you quit

10 Likes

R shaman is prob the easiest to pick up and go and also is one of the meta healers for M+ and raid. That or Hpally but r shaman has even more utility.

Looking into it right now I’m leaning towards paladin. :confused:

Shaman can’t carry a group, but HPally certainly can.

Lust ain’t all that…every Mage and Huntard has it and they are EVERYWHERE! I think I’ve pressed the Heroism button like 3 times this whole expansion.

Shaman is decent, but my next class will have an immune.

I don’t know about +15 but I was in a +2 the other day and the group was practically carried by the Disc priest. Don’t know why this guy was slumming it in a +2 but I felt like a waste of space.

Shaman can absolutely carry a group, they are the masters of throughput. There is a reason they are so popular at the moment.

No LoH or Bubble.

Shaman don’t have the instant wipe savers that a HPal has.

Oh ok

I guess earth elemental never prevented a wipe.

Or SLT.

1 Like

Shaman :swimming_man:

You think Paladin is easy?..Wait til you get Storming or Spiteful in the face.

I didn’t say it was easier…I said it could carry.

HPal DPS is also off the charts right now.

I’m sorry you ha e a chip on your shoulder re holy paladin. You’re all over the forums complaining about it. Must suck being the only unwanted resto shaman in WoW.

I am? Where? Post a link.

You don’t really chain heal a whole lot on Shaman in M+, so people not stacking isn’t as important. You keep up healing rain and your healing totem, riptide, rotate earth shield, healing surge. Ascendance is great for getting out of bad situations, and cloud burst totem. Top all that off with earth ele and spirit link, aoe stun, slows, and a low CD interrupt. Shamans have a very good kit for M+.

Shaman is probably your easiest bet.

We’re not that lucky

2 Likes