What is the AV ratio for wins/loss?

This isn’t a loophole. What little they have changed has been to address what they feel was exploitative behaviors. You can argue all day long about whether or not they should have, but in the end they don’t want to change the game.

They stopped people from making premades in AV, but they aren’t going to nerf frost bolt. They gave the AV entrance rezzers honorless target debuffs, but they aren’t going to buff Ivus’ health or attacks. They might tweak some interface functions to avoid whatever they happen to feel is an exploit, but they aren’t going to change the actual game.

How is this fixing exploitive behavior?

We’re fixing a setting that allowed the battleground to start with as few as 20 players on a team.

That was pure Vanilla. But people didn’t like it because it was a disadvantage for them.
And how did changing the way honor is accumulated when camping the cave? That was pure Vanilla but people didn’t like it because it was a disadvantage for them.

This is pure hilarity. Classic has a ton of changes that weren’t in Vanilla.

2 Likes

They’re not far superior. They’re a slight advantage that people blow way out of proportion. Escape Artist is just as good as WotF. In a group setting the racials generally balance out. If anything I’d argue alliance have the upper hand because pallies are better than shamans in almost every way when it comes to group pvp.

They changed and tried to remove behaviors that go against the design intent of the BG. Same way they got rid the safespots in WSG. Yes it was in vanilla but if both FC’s do it the game would literally never end, which is clearly not the intended way to play WSG. AV is not intended to start 12v40 because the premade bailed. Just because it was done in 2005 doesn’t make it right/good.

On the other hand premading WSG/AB is an intended mechanic. If you’re not willing to build/join a group you’re playing the lottery, and more often than not you’re gunna get dumped on. I would be absolutely shocked if they broke premades or spereated premade and pug queues.

Kind of like map advantages.

1 Like

I’m talking about “exploits” not map design. Don’t hold your breath on a map redesign for AV, because we won’t get one

And I was talking about changes made by Blizzard that had nothing to do with exploits. Their changes are arbitrary, not based on any rule set. We won’t get a map change in AV, not because of their “no change policy,” but simply because they don’t want to.

1 Like

Name a change that didn’t have to do with an exploit or unintended mechanic. I can’t think of a single balance change that was made to any BG’s.

I guarantee you blizzard has this data.

It’s possible they choose to do nothing with it, I suppose. But they definitely keep track of winrates in order to check for cheating.

I already did.

There’s one. It wasn’t unintended because they made it that way and it stayed that way all through Vanilla. This was changed BECAUSE PEOPLE DIDN’T LIKE BEING AT A DISADVANTAGE. You sniped back that just because it was in Vanilla didn’t make it “right or good.” To which I replied “MAP.”

Please read.

If you’re talking about AV premades those were never the intended design of the BG. If it was they would just let you queue as a full 40 man. The change wasn’t made to prevent us from beating horde, it was to prevent games from starting 12v40. We ruined AV for our faction.

And just because games could start 12v40 in 2005 doesnt mean it was the intended way to play AV.

This isn’t even close to being true and even blizzard agrees that’s why escape artist gets buffed and will of the forsaken gets nerfed. Will of the forsaken was nerfed in vanilla and it’s still OP if escape artist didn’t have a cast time and got you immunity to roots for 5 seconds like will of the forsaken does for fears then it would be comparable.

3 Likes

“Warts and all.”

If only that were the case.

Nope. Never mentioned that.

But since you brought it up, don’t you think it’s redundant to remove the ability to queue sync so that alliance wouldn’t start with a handful of people AND also making this change:

We’re fixing a setting that allowed the battleground to start with as few as 20 players on a team.

Yeah. Redundant. They didn’t change the ability to queue sync for the benefit of Alliance. The above change, maybe, but not the queue sync. That was because of all the horde crying.

And yet that’s the way Blizzard designed it and the way it played all through Vanilla. All signs point to -----> intended.

Alliance actually have a minor terrain advantage. There is a reason horde win every game. The alliance have given up. They have accepted their fate and don’t fight anymore. It’s the alliances fault that horde are better at AV. You all premaded AV to rank 14. Horde had to learn to adapt as a pug to fight back. We had to learn to strategize and communicate. Alliance had to PVE Drek. Alliance never learned how to PVP as a pug. It’s translated to WSG and AB as well. I ranked my horde toon to 13 and I’m currently ranking alliance to 14. The difference as someone who has tried both sides is astounding. When I play pugs for fun on my horde we destroy any pug in sight in any bg 95% or the time. Premades we beat half the time too. Horde pug teams have like 3-5 rank 13s and 14s who have de-ranked and PvP for fun, while alliance gets fury warriors in greens who backpedal. Horde PvP after they rank because it’s fun to win, alliance are so disgusted with PvP that they won’t pug after they rank. Horde had to learn to Word PvP in between Q’s to hone our skill. Alliance never had to learn and the skill gap is too large now. Alliance can never win. It’s too late

It’s almost like the people who cared about PvP went Horde for the advantages the faction has. And yeah, no, you can say there’s an advantage but not mention it but it’s pretty well known what the actual issue is and why the Alliance stopped caring.

Then why the winrate of horde in av is not represented in other bg’s? Your bias is showing. AV is highly in favor of horde for one simple yet huge issue, which is the cave location.

If WSG and AB was ONLY pug v pug then the win rate would be exactly the same I believe. Horde would stomp for a couple months until alliance have lost motivation and as soon as the BG starts they would want to get out as fast as possible for rep. Like AV. I don’t think I’m biased as I’m basically raid logging my horde toon and maining and ranking alliance now. Q times is what ruined PvP in classic. It FORCED horde who wanted to rank to get good at PvP. I had to play 100-130hrs per week to rank on horde, with a very good team who rarely lost a game. We had to get good because every game we didn’t win in 7 min or with a 5 cap meant less sleep for us. It wasn’t a just game. I’m capping on alliance in 40ish hours on a very mediocre team. Alliance don’t need to care because ranking is so much easier for them. That’s the real issue. Q times. It has turned horde into war hardened veterans.

Lol no, even pug vs pug the winrate is somewhat the same, talking as I have done more than 400+ games in wsg and ab for fun as a pug. My winrate is 56% and that’s including horde premades. WSG and AB have completely different winrates than AV for the reason that I have said. Cave location is huge for horde, so huge that they have to be completely brain dead to lose to alliance. Alliance don’t want to try not really because horde are “way too good”. It is because this version of AV is broken for horde because, as I said, cave location is way too powerful and they are put in a detrimental position from the get go. Moving it where it should be and you will see alliance winrate go up.

3 Likes